Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jul 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1040260)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Tyres For ferrari

in an effort to soldify their world domination and a near perfect season Ferrari and bridgestone have a new red tyre to make the blur of red cars and skid marks that much more vibrant and humiliating
wwww.f1.racing-live.com
no photoshop really check the website
Attached Images

Old 19 Jul 2004, 11:51 (Ref:1040272)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it was Michelin that mentioned a few years ago that it is possible to make any colour tyre you like. It all goes into the mix.

It looks tacky, but then maybe it'll grow on me.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 11:51 (Ref:1040273)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not really new tires for Ferrari... it's only the front left tire that's red (see the front right..it's black).

And IIRC, it's special one-off tires for a special charity event or something..not meant to be used in the races. Every BS-shod teams had it.

But it'd be nice if Ferrari shod red tires..Renault Blue..Mclaren silver..

Last edited by Gt_R; 19 Jul 2004 at 11:53.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 12:33 (Ref:1040321)   #4
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bloody hate it, eugh! looks shocking.

You need a bit of contrast, and you certainly don't need to make those tyres red either. TYRES SHOULD BE BLACK!

At least its for charity.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 12:38 (Ref:1040332)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I think it was Michelin that mentioned a few years ago that it is possible to make any colour tyre you like. It all goes into the mix.

It looks tacky, but then maybe it'll grow on me.
NO way... it will be horrible to watch !
Old 19 Jul 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1040355)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would never work really. Just think if all teams had their tyres the same as their team colours (which I believe was a rumour a year or two ago). During a GP surely they'd pick up bits of the other colours from the road (in the grooves anyway) and you'd end up with a psychodelic mess... spaced out man..
Old 19 Jul 2004, 13:26 (Ref:1040370)   #7
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine if all the teams were using tyres with their respective color, the track would look like a rainbow
Old 19 Jul 2004, 14:52 (Ref:1040433)   #8
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I am thinking correctly last time out it was done done as Michelin realised that the tyres where given out randomly and therefor you would of ended up with multi coloured tyres for the teams. It can now work with the teams having there own tyres but how awful and dumb would it look if say 3 cars of x go off a few times and run out of there sets of tyres or some are damaged before the race etc... and one last thought - BAR - white tyres with all that black dirt on them - lovely!
Old 19 Jul 2004, 23:08 (Ref:1040847)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That looks awful....

so now what in order to show Ferrari support of BS are they going to spray paint their cars black??
Old 19 Jul 2004, 23:10 (Ref:1040850)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dubious.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1040878)   #11
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i kinda like them don't konw why i just imagine green jaguar tyres and maybe even clear tires!
Old 20 Jul 2004, 00:46 (Ref:1040887)   #12
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Isn't there a rule that specifies that the tyres supplied to the different teams be the same.

IE if Ferrari want red tyres as one of their tyre choices, the other teams also must have the red tyre option.

Don't they only get the choice of 4 (I think) tyres now ?

David
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:20 (Ref:1040891)   #13
scooby_au
Rookie

scooby_au should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a quick bit of searching and i discovered this:

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/...gb-tm-0102.jpg

"Timo Glock, Giorgio Pantano and Nick Heidfeld change a red Bridgestone tyre and wear a red sock in aid of Sport relief"

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/...gb-tm-0103.jpg
Old 20 Jul 2004, 06:57 (Ref:1040949)   #14
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by twig

You need a bit of contrast, and you certainly don't need to make those tyres red either. TYRES SHOULD BE BLACK!

How about white? thats what colour tyres were originally,then someone decided they wanted some black tyres and added carbon black to the mix,this had two effects, made the tyres black and as another side effect increased mileage

BFG have made tyres with coloured yellow strips in for a while.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 07:45 (Ref:1040980)   #15
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Personally i like the red tyres... Maybe I am just weird? How about some red walled tyres?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1041626)   #16
Tamás
Rookie

Tamás should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Minardi. They have no competitive cars, not reliable engines, and they won't have any colour-tyres as well
Old 20 Jul 2004, 21:05 (Ref:1041673)   #17
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track would look interesting after a few lock-ups...
Old 21 Jul 2004, 15:47 (Ref:1042261)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I think I would accept different coloured sidewalls, but the actual tred would have to be black still, sorry. There's nothing for it but black skidmarks...