Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 May 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3406042)   #326
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Some additional entries, from British GT and VLN teams announced for at Silverstone- 3 Astons, a Bentley and a BMW

Generation Bentley: James Appleby/Steve Tandy/Jody Fannin (Pro-Am),
Triple Eight BMW: Lee Mowle/Ryan Ratcliffe/Derek Johnson (Gent),
Beechdean Aston: Andrew Howard/Daniel Lloyd/Alex MacDowell (Pro-Am)
Horsepower Aston: Andy Schulz/Paul Bailey (Gent)
Leonard Motorsport Aston: Stuart Leonard/Paul White/Jonny Adam (Pro-Am)

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/be...ndurance-grid/
The Beechdean Aston looks particularly strong. Looking forward to it. Also, curious to see if Vadim Kogay will be coming back!
Old 13 May 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3406050)   #327
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Watching the Monza race replay and am wondering where ART get their funding from with three pro drivers and a car devoid of major sponsorship? I'm guessing Parente's a freebie from McLaren though.

Let's say their rivals, where not so bright, just take a look to the grid and will see the real balanced pro pairs are at the sprint series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post

Generation Bentley: James Appleby/Steve Tandy/Jody Fannin (Pro-Am),
Triple Eight BMW: Lee Mowle/Ryan Ratcliffe/Derek Johnson (Gent),
Beechdean Aston: Andrew Howard/Daniel Lloyd/Alex MacDowell (Pro-Am)
Horsepower Aston: Andy Schulz/Paul Bailey (Gent)
Leonard Motorsport Aston: Stuart Leonard/Paul White/Jonny Adam (Pro-Am)
Wow. Strange to see Ams driving Bentley, without thinking about the conception of the Continental GT3, one could more say a Bentley should be targeted to Gents and Pros more.
Old 14 May 2014, 06:04 (Ref:3406091)   #328
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Also, curious to see if Vadim Kogay will be coming back!
Looks like he wasn't quite the bumbling fool many have made him out to be: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/vad...-lexplication/
Old 14 May 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3406114)   #329
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Looks like he wasn't quite the bumbling fool many have made him out to be: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/vad...-lexplication/
Thanks for the link. Seems like the facts will always get in the way of a good story Seriously, though, this could have been expected, in hindsight.
Old 15 May 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3406761)   #330
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With my mediocre French, I thought i read that het had problems with his brakes. Is that correct?
Old 16 May 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3406860)   #331
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, that's what it says, according to my poor French and some help from google translate
Old 17 May 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3407220)   #332
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I've been wondering where Von Ryan Racing is and it appears DSC have been reading my mind as they have a piece up on their website where Dave Ryan says they had a British GT campaign lined up but at the last minute a deal fell through and at the moment they're looking for funding to race
Old 17 May 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3407363)   #333
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello everyone,

Here's an interview with GT Academy champion and BES racer Mark Shulzhitzskiy, which I conducted for an online racing organisation known as CORE. I thought I'd mention that since the term comes up a few times in the interview.

Regrettably, this interview came out a couple of days before the announcement that confirmed him for Le Mans!

"Everyone at CORE is excited to bring you this interview with 2012 GT Academy Champion Mark Shulzhitskiy. Mark is one of an elite group of virtual racers who can claim to have made the leap into the real world successfully, and currently races in the Blancpain Endurance Series for the RJN GT Academy team in the Nissan GTR Nismo GT3.

Here’s what Mark had to say about his ambitions, his time with G...ran Turismo and his tips for anyone looking to follow in his footsteps in the GT Academy trials of 2014.

Q: “In 2012, you proved yourself to be one of the fastest Gran Turismo players around. How long were you playing Gran Turismo before you won GT Academy?”

A: “I only really played in GT5! But, when I was young I played a lot of GT4 with my friend in his house. Now I use GT6 when I have time, mostly for learning tracks. The game is great fun!”

Q: “How would you feel if a car you had driven, like the Greaves LMP2 or the RJN GT Academy Nissan GTR, made it into Gran Turismo someday?”

A: “You can find the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 in GT6, and for me this car looks amazing in the game, just maybe more stable compared to the real one! But, if you choose the GT-R GT3 and Silverstone Circuit you can see that the lap times will be very close to real life! It means something!”

Q: “How realistic do you feel simulators like Gran Turismo are now? Would you say that people playing these games are getting a pretty good idea of how life is for you in the race car?”

A: “Definitely yes! GT can help to understand driving lines, braking points and car balance! Of course, you cannot compare to real life fully because you’re seating on a chair at home. You can’t feel danger and speed! But for practice it’s very useful! Today’s racing Sims get better and better!”

Q: “Before you entered the GT Academy, did you ever compete in racing leagues like the ones we run here at CORE?”

A: “Not really! I played a lot just to finish the game, and sometimes just with friends on the internet. I just didn’t really know about racing leagues like CORE.”

Q: “When you entered GT Academy, were you aware of the likes of Lucas Ordóñez already? Were you expecting to win?”

A: “I knew it was not so easy to win because some people have experience, while some are just naturally fast. And it’s not only about driving fast; it’s also very important to have mental skills and fitness! As always, I did my best!”

Q: “Since winning, you've had the pleasure of racing all over the world. What are your ambitions for the rest of your career?”

A: “The racing world is very big, I would like just have chance to drive as long as I can! I know I am a little old for junior single seaters, so I’m looking forward to racing in Prototypes and GT cars!

Q: “Would Le Mans be somewhere you'd like to race in the future? And if so, would you rather be in a Prototype or a GT?”

A: “Le Mans is a big dream for me! For sure, I would like to drive in a Prototype because it’s more of a proper racing car with lots of downforce, and it’s very light! Last year I did one round of the FIA World Endurance Championship in China with Greaves Motorsport! I will never forget that!”

Q: “And finally, what would your tips be for anyone who wants to succeed in GT Academy this year?”

A: “Preparation is the most important thing in racing! So I can advise you to just be focused and be strong in your head. You’re faster than you think, you just need to analyse and improve every time whether you’re driving in the virtual world or in reality!”

We thank Mark for his time and his answers, and wish him all the best for the 2014 season and beyond."

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 18 May 2014, 03:44 (Ref:3407384)   #334
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
edit: wrong thread!!!
Old 20 May 2014, 08:13 (Ref:3408122)   #335
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know which pitlane they're going to be using at Silverstone this year?
Old 21 May 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3408514)   #336
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Does anyone know which pitlane they're going to be using at Silverstone this year?
According to E-I, it's the old pits:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/sil...nonce-indecis/
Old 21 May 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3408516)   #337
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks, if it was the new ones I was probably going to give Saturday a miss and just go for Sunday.
Old 21 May 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3408728)   #338
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is the Silverstone paddock free access and free-roam?
Old 21 May 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3408744)   #339
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is the Silverstone paddock free access and free-roam?
Yes
Old 23 May 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3409338)   #340
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
All heading to Sillystone, enjoy it. I'm off on family duties. All weekend! Ho hum.
Old 23 May 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3409346)   #341
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
All heading to Sillystone, enjoy it. I'm off on family duties. All weekend! Ho hum.
Ditto and ditto!
Old 23 May 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3409368)   #342
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there Sunday.
Old 23 May 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3409457)   #343
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not going this year - the brilliant spectating experience last week at Brands Hatch for the Sprint series has totally demotivated me from wanting to go anywhere near Silverstone !
Old 23 May 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3409505)   #344
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
You got better weather then too, likely to be wet on Sunday. As the bronze test is now on Friday and the qualifying is Sunday, think I'll skip Saturday in favour of the Heineken Cup final and head down overnight in time for qualy on Sunday morning.

Pity not to see you there Tim; you going to the British GT round in a week or so?
Old 24 May 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3409673)   #345
svenlock68
Rookie

United Kingdom
WIRRAL
svenlock68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm here today. Why is it always when I come here it chucks it down !!! Really annoying rubbish UK weather
I'm Here for the Lamborghini super trofeo
2012 rain.....
2013 sunny
2014 rain!!!! Grrrrr
Note to self. If I won lottery. Emigrate to the sun!!
Old 24 May 2014, 08:21 (Ref:3409708)   #346
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like fun conditions on track.
Old 24 May 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3409711)   #347
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Looks like fun conditions on track.
Very wet
Old 24 May 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3409715)   #348
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have I missed this race or have I only missed quali?
Old 24 May 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3409717)   #349
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Have I missed this race or have I only missed quali?
This is first practice.
Old 24 May 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3409721)   #350
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid