Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1280591)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The fallout from this weekend thread

So we have had 2 sportscars race this weekend on both sides of the pond, so what have we learnt. The new Lola seems to be sorted now taken a win in both races. A bad day for Audi at Spa, but a good win in the ALMS. Porsche well what I can say beaten not once but twice first by the TVR at Spa (Fantastic, I fear they maybe some red face at the ACO in the morning) and then by the Panoz in the ALMS.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1280595)   #2
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
awesome weekend. It feels great to have a non porsche victory in both series. I am so happy for the TVR boys, with a 1-2. they deserve it. And then what about Robin Liddel in the Panoz? amazing driving.. Martin Short? Their first podium, which should have come last June.. Chamberlain-Synergy? their first race with the car, first win for the Lola B05 (followed 3 hrs later with Intersport winning in their B05)..

amazing races i wish every weekend was like this..
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1280596)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Like , whens the last time Porsche didnt win at least once ? Excellant news for both series . Now we need someone to run a brace of TVR's in the ALMS and someone to run a couple Panoz's in the LMES , like DAMS for example !!!!

Oh boy ..... am I looking forward to Le Mans this year
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1280597)   #4
19dodge
Veteran

Yves Courage is helping sell the Panozes to Europeans... Lets hope someone picks them up. Dams would be a good team!
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1280600)   #5
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How far in the race did TVR retire at Sebring? Weren't they in the lead or at least high up there too?
Not sure if they would be good for 24h, but still a shame they (and Zytek) aren't in. I am annoyed with the ACO relying so heavily on the previous year's result for their invitations. It's been said here before, prequallies are not a bad idea.
How would the Peninsula TVR compare to LNT this year?
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1280611)   #6
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I can say is that the excitement this weekend, can not be matched.
News of Porsche, plus the great racing has brought sports car racing into a new light.
I really think that we are seeing a new movement in the world of sportscar, and GT racing.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1280612)   #7
19dodge
Veteran

the TVR's lasted about 10 hrs at Sebring, before they had engine problems
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1280626)   #8
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really feel for Weaver. He is a real super bloke - extremely intelligent, witty and bloody quick.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1280663)   #9
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loved every moment of Spa.

Great to see some news winners and convincing at that.

To pick up on an earlier question, with all due respect to Racesports TVR,
the were 7 laps back from LNT today and I believe had a trouble free race.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1280682)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gotta say this...

Factory Zytek and Team LNT both make a statement to the ACO...

We belong in the Big One in June...you blew it again!!!!

Sorry, but they did!!!!

Especially since the Factory Zytek won the pole at 2004 LM...

A slap in the face, IMO....

But that is just my opinion...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 17 Apr 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1280687)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with 100% Tim, the ACO have made a very big mistake.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1280721)   #12
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
politics i suspect
Old 17 Apr 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1280726)   #13
SimonXS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth UK
SimonXS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No offence to Racesport TVR's but unfortuantly they dont have the money or the drivers to come close to the performance on the LNT's.

And the reason why both cars went out in sebring was because of fuel surges under braking, which have now been sorted.

They would complete a full 24hrs i feel, espeicaly as both (Synergy) cars finished last year, much to the joy of the TVR fans. We got drivers breifs and de-breifs from them last year at the TVR car club lorry, which we were camping with in Houx last year.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 02:33 (Ref:1280831)   #14
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
LNT really wasn't on the pace at Sebring. Some four seconds a lap off the leaders of the class. They ran a strong race, but I suspect the present weakness of the LMES GT2 class flatters some.

Quote:
Umm, no they didn't.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 08:22 (Ref:1280961)   #15
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
ACO should wait with their final invitation list till after the first LMES race, instead of Sebring.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1280994)   #16
SimonXS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth UK
SimonXS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
LNT really wasn't on the pace at Sebring. Some four seconds a lap off the leaders of the class. They ran a strong race, but I suspect the present weakness of the LMES GT2 class flatters some.

Umm, no they didn't.
LNT has a brilliant race pace thoe, which is allways consistant, something which gets them up the field, like in sebring where they were running in 3rd.

But some circuits suit some cars! The TVR's dont do well on the bumpy sebring circuit.

Plus you cannot say that they race against weak fields, take alook at last weekends british GT, they came second only to a ferrari!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1281134)   #17
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Gotta say this...

Factory Zytek and Team LNT both make a statement to the ACO...

We belong in the Big One in June...you blew it again!!!!

Sorry, but they did!!!!

A slap in the face, IMO....

But that is just my opinion...
I completely agree with you Tim here, and could I just add, has the spyker actually finished a race yet?? I'm still yet to know why the spyker has been accepted instead of one LNT TVR, based on performances.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1281142)   #18
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Ryder
I completely agree with you Tim here, and could I just add, has the spyker actually finished a race yet?? I'm still yet to know why the spyker has been accepted instead of one LNT TVR, based on performances.
And don't forget that the Spyker is even a second time on the reserve list
Old 18 Apr 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1281163)   #19
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker vs TVR at Le Mans
02. No TVR entered.
Spyker completed 142 laps. retired

03. spyker completed 229 laps. it crossed the line but was not classified
TVR completed 93 laps. Retired
TVR completed 11 laps. Retired

04. No Spyker entered
TVR 300 laps.
TVR 291 laps.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1281191)   #20
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonXS
Plus you cannot say that they race against weak fields, take alook at last weekends british GT, they came second only to a ferrari!
The Brit GT, and LMES GT2 fields are fine fields. Having said that, in my opinion they have neither the talent levels, or the machinery that the current ALMS GT2 field has.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1281195)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great weekend of sportscar racing, nice to see the Audi dominance possibly coming to a end, at least in the LMES. Well for this year at least! Good too to see Panoz and TVR showing the way to the Porsche, interesting news from Hindy too on Motors TV about the new spec MC12, possibly being here in time for the 3rd round of the ALMS at Mid Ohio. Would be good news if this happens, nice too to see that car well up there in the ALMS this weekend. Next up FIA GT/British GT from Magny Cours, lets hope round 2 is as exciting as round 1 was and with the British GT, GT2 runners in with the FIA GT boys I think we could have some close battles on our hands. A great year for sportscar racing all round, both Internationally and Nationally. IMO.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1281366)   #22
vollpower
Rookie

Ireland
Waterford
vollpower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
And don't forget that the Spyker is even a second time on the reserve list
A bloody disgrace that is !

Why 1 entry from LNT wasnt excepted instead of **** loads of Porsches again , or that second Spyker , beats me !!!

As much as I like RfH , they dont really deserve an entry over some teams that DO the full LMES , The ACO has done it again !!!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1281376)   #23
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do not see much fallout. Except for the ACO getting some grief on message boards. Well, and maybe Gounon.

But I agree with you Chris. This will be a great year for sportscar racing. Porsche could get some real competition, which in my opinion they prefer.

The Audi was still competitive enough at Spa, which is amazing in itself. Unfortunately it went out rather odd fashion.

The other big upset this weekend was Pirelli over Michelin at Road Atlanta. Bill Auberlen showed quite a lot of confidence in the tire. And he also mentioned that they do have the ability to double stint them. In my opinion a Pirelli vs. Michelin battle in multiple classes this year would be a very good thing.

Last edited by jhansen; 18 Apr 2005 at 15:56.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1281529)   #24
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
ACO should wait with their final invitation list till after the first LMES race, instead of Sebring.
Good idea, but is it early enough to resolve all the adminitrative affairs ?
In this case a list of pre-entries could be the base of a final selection after Sebring and Spa, the two first long races of the season.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1281532)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
I have to say I agree with that. The ACO have made a very mistake and I think everyone can see it now.