Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Jan 2003, 17:01 (Ref:473214)   #1
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barry "Catchpole" Foley RIP

It is with sadness and regret that I have to inform you of the death of Barry Foley last week.
Those of you old enough to remember will know Barry as the author of that great cartoon character "Catchpole" who commented so acutley on British Motor Sport. Barry was also a commercial graphics artist and amongst his many acheivements was responsible for the Lotus JPS designs.
As a racer he was deeply involved with Clubmans Racing from its early days in the 60's right up until his passing.

It is sad to lose such a great character whose heart was always in club racing, he will be missed by his many friends and admirers.

Since I haven't seen this announced in any other forums I decided Trackside is probably the best place since Barry touched so many racers and fans over the years.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 23:25 (Ref:473445)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=foley
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=foley

It was sads news, I've been looking at all my old Autosports having a larf - some of them were really excellant.