Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Apr 2003, 14:41 (Ref:585140)   #1
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian Sellers

Just wondering if anyone who's seen him race here has any thoughts on this guy. Lynx Racing in Atlantic has signed him to teammate Valiente for the rest of the season. He seems very highly rated, having won the American FF2000 zetec Championship. He has some sponsors, backers with deep pockets and will obviously try and is obviously play off the 'We need more American drivers', for sponsorship.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how he does against Valiente. Despite what some of them might say, it doesn't seem to take very long for drivers to get up to speed in Atlantic if they're going to do well, so it shouldn't take too long to find out.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 30 Apr 2003, 20:12 (Ref:585565)   #2
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bryan Sellers is good. I have never seen him race myself but everyone else I have talked to thinks he is up there with Allmendinger. There was a shootout for the ruSPORT seat that Allmendinger currently occupies and Sellers was about 2-tenths slower but kept the car on the road the whole time while Allmendinger kept going off.

He should be right up there but then he has an underpowered Comptech. I don't know how much backing Sellers has but I doubt it's all that much. Then I again I can ask him myself at Laguna Seca.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 20:39 (Ref:585584)   #3
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to think Sellars was really good too. Then I saw him vs Ryan Hunter Rheay in the wet at Road America in a Skip Barber 2 litre race. Hunter Rheay was a second a lap faster for 30 minutes in the same car on the same setup and *destroyed* Sellars. His response after the race of "boy...he was fast" really lowered my estimation of him
Old 30 Apr 2003, 21:18 (Ref:585627)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
I think quite highly of Ryan for all out speed. But, being 1 second off at a circuit as long as Road America isn't as bad as it would be at other shorter circuits. Not trying to make excuses, but even if the cars were exactly identical there are other things that can be a factor besides the driver just being slow.

I'm curious to see how he'll do against Valiente though.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 30 Apr 2003, 22:10 (Ref:585677)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Sorry, it was on the short course, about a 1:31lap in the dry. 1 second every lap for roughly 20 laps
Old 30 Apr 2003, 22:25 (Ref:585696)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
oh, haven't seen that one. Well, have to see I guess. Sounds like it'll be good if he can keep pace with Valiente. The next event's the token oval though, so it'll be difficult to tell.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 23:33 (Ref:585759)   #7
Tom Baker
Rookie

Tom Baker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like all things there are always two sides to the store.
RHR is a great racer no doubt. But the only time the two
guys did race against each other was at RA.
What the gent forgets to say is it was RHR 3 year running
and Bryan first race in the rain. In the Dry the next day
they were nose to tail..But this comes from a guy at skip
barber what would he know.
Old 1 May 2003, 00:50 (Ref:585797)   #8
Russfeld
Veteran

Doesnt change the facts that Sellars got his ass handed to him in the wet big time. The instructors took big notice.
Old 1 May 2003, 01:27 (Ref:585810)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
ok, well one race doesn't make/break a driver. RHR has had days when he was off pace in Atlantic too. We'll see what Brian has to show pretty soon. I was just curious what people who had seen him race or raced with him though...
Old 1 May 2003, 01:44 (Ref:585819)   #10
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I raced Sellars in Skip Barber. He is great, a very liakable mild mannered and humble guy, his dad was with him at every race and they are some of the finest people i have met. He would never remeber me, seeing as at every meeting I think he won the race. Sellars is the next big racer when his grooming is done, why he was passed up in the F1 redbull thing i'll never know a great racer to represent america, he is from Ohio the regular america type place. And he is much better i'll bet than Alex Yoong any where. So he had a bad race vs. H-R...Sellars is a new breed of Gentleman Racer and he needs support. of course so do I, but Brian is way talented.
Old 1 May 2003, 09:40 (Ref:586016)   #11
Tom Baker
Rookie

I think some people just like to spend all there time
on negative stuff. Like I said RHR is good and a really nice guy but by Jay logic: He must not be that good because
in the first 3 races in cart he hasn't beaten PT once.
Old 1 May 2003, 12:34 (Ref:586170)   #12
Tom Baker
Rookie

Sorry Jay..should of said Russfeld logic
Old 1 May 2003, 15:34 (Ref:586339)   #13
Russfeld
Veteran

I was actually at the race. Sellars got pounded silly. He was barely holding off regional gentlemen racers. And it really wasnt so much the performance, but his attitude towards it after the race.