Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 2 Dec 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3339374)   #1001
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
1000th post

let's hope Jack Hill continues with Rob Austin , now that would be a great team !!
As mentioned previously, Hill probably doesn't have the money for a full season. Hopefully TOCA will allow him to compete...
Old 2 Dec 2013, 17:55 (Ref:3339378)   #1002
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Hopefully TOCA will allow him to compete...
They won't. It's full season or not at all, which is quite right too.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3339389)   #1003
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
They won't. It's full season or not at all, which is quite right too.
I personally feel that whilst running 7 drivers in one season is too much, having 1 all season or no entry is a huge overreaction.

However, it does seem to give the series a more professional feel. Glynn Geddie should be worth it...
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3339399)   #1004
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depper confirmed in euro tech honda via autosport I'm personally looking forward to this season full grid with some good changes this coming year . Just can't wait till we can put all the rumours to rest and know who is racing what with who . I did hear from quite a good source that Andy neate will be in the grid but proofs in the pudding maybe replacing foster in the wsr BMW
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3339401)   #1005
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If we're looking to make up the 32 cars that have licences, a lot of the existing teams (Dynamics, Pirtek) could have applied for and been granted an extra licence which they could then lease out to AN Other.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3339425)   #1006
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
AFAIK the Morgan shall is the 2nd United Avensis
Nope. It's a spare shell from GPRM.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3339432)   #1007
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Nope. It's a spare shell from GPRM.
I thought as much, unless the situation with Morgans shell still being up for sale, changed in the very very recent past, i just didn't want to get too sure of myself.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3339450)   #1008
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard from another source that it looks like Tordoff will be racing with a different team. Same source backed up the rumour that Andy Neate will be on the grid too, but couldn't shed any light on car/team situation!?!?
Old 2 Dec 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3339470)   #1009
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Calm the knickers down lads. Its December 2nd. Media day isn't until March, where the official entry list is published. Plenttttttty of time for things to change between now and then.

But I love how much attention the BTCC is getting. Professional teams coming in. New cars being built. More exposure than ever. Lots of young talent as well as seasoned pros.

Best days of the modern generation to come.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 05:19 (Ref:3339605)   #1010
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Calm the knickers down lads. Its December 2nd. Media day isn't until March, where the official entry list is published. Plenttttttty of time for things to change between now and then.

But I love how much attention the BTCC is getting. Professional teams coming in. New cars being built. More exposure than ever. Lots of young talent as well as seasoned pros.

Knickers calmed (well a bit anyway)! Handy & Simon Belcher have confirmed they have a TBL for 3 years.

The ex-Morgan shell is still a possible for any of those slots as the Handy car is a Speedworks spare & the 2nd UA is from GPRM, so quite a lot of Toyita's filling the grid!

Couldn't agree more with Medius regarding the coverage, quality & talent, roll on the start of the season

Last edited by Jiiiiiiim; 3 Dec 2013 at 05:21. Reason: Typo as per normal! Lol
Old 3 Dec 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3339631)   #1011
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Amen!
Old 3 Dec 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3339651)   #1012
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

And with sustainability a key focus of the regulations, far more sustainable than the last 'golden era'.

Now we just need to attract some primo international drivers to help elevate the series outside of just domestic coverage - Tom Coronel will probably be looking for a drive given the loss of BMW support in the WTCC, I wonder if WSR could attract him to one of their BMWs since Turkington looks tenuous.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 10:03 (Ref:3339670)   #1013
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about Turkington, Coronel and Tordoff in the WSR BMW's?
Old 3 Dec 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3339683)   #1014
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Whispers or wishes?
Old 3 Dec 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3339685)   #1015
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
That would be a dream line-up. Can't see it happening though...
Old 3 Dec 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3339687)   #1016
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Whispers or wishes?
Wishes.

It'd be nice.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3339697)   #1017
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so if Neate shows up as pay driver for another team it means his whole IPT Engineering project was totally pointless ?
Old 3 Dec 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3339698)   #1018
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From interviews with Turkington this year it seems as though they can fund a driver in one of their cars, but not actually pay them. So a driver like Tordoff with the skill and enough funding to pay their own way might be an ideal choice if Turkington does not continue.

Now part of this might depend on their third car, if a fully funded driver lile Foster does not continue, that might eat into their available funds.

Was interesting to see that the WSR BMW was on display at Autosport awards, I wonder if they were using the night to attract new drivers.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3339700)   #1019
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
so if Neate shows up as pay driver for another team it means his whole IPT Engineering project was totally pointless ?
Perhaps 'not successful' would be more accurate. Lots of people have tried and been unsuccessful in the past, but for some reason that I genuinely don't understand* Neate attracts what I perceive as excessive criticism and negativity.

*I'm not sure I want to know why, either.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3339872)   #1020
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Alex Macdowall will be testing with WSR again tomorrow, obviously getting more Rwd experience

Expect a few other stories too tomorrow
Old 3 Dec 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3339876)   #1021
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post

Expect a few other stories too tomorrow
hope about non mediocre drivers too
Old 3 Dec 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3339920)   #1022
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Alex Macdowall will be testing with WSR again tomorrow, obviously getting more Rwd experience
It makes sense. WSR needed Colin in 2013 to prove how good a car their new BMW was. It will be back to full pay drivers next year unless a sponsor steps in.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3340020)   #1023
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marc Hynes confirmed in a third Triple 8 MG6, not Luke Hines. Looks unrelated to the KX Momentum side of the team.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3340024)   #1024
mirror images
Rookie

mirror images should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting announcement from MG. I apologise to everyone that when I said Hines would be in the third 888 car, I assumed it would be Luke Hines, not Marc Hynes. That's what happens when you get told "Hynes" will be in the 3rd car verbally. I'll ask for an e-mail next time so I can see the spelling. How he will be a manager at Marussia and drive here I don't know! I claim a slight moral victory in this one though.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3340026)   #1025
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It makes sense. WSR needed Colin in 2013 to prove how good a car their new BMW was. It will be back to full pay drivers next year unless a sponsor steps in.
I think Colin will stay at WSR. There arent any other viable options and surely next year could be his best chance at securing a second title.

Also, WSR spoke about building a 4th car in Autosport a while ago. I dont think they would run it but maybe they could sell it to someone like Neate.

Newsham I expect in a HARD Passat, with Jack Goff sticking around in an Insignia.

Airwaves want to keep TOC and Aron Smith has shown pace. Can't see them getting shot of Jackson either.

Tordoff is a conondrum. Nick Foster could leave WSR, his plan was just for three years, and with RWD experience surely he could fit in here.
Closed Thread