Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3343373)   #1176
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps, though there's a lot more happened most likely that we will never know.

Certainly not the first time a sponsor has moved.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3343674)   #1177
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
You'd imagine there's an unwritten rule about lifting someone's title sponsor... almost like running off with their girlfriend
I can think of one ex BTCC Team boss who although infamous for other activities has ended up 'romantically involved' with more than one drivers wife!
Old 13 Dec 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3343689)   #1178
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I can think of one ex BTCC Team boss who although infamous for other activities has ended up 'romantically involved' with more than one drivers wife!
Well, there's only one ex BTCC Team boss 'infamous for other activities' that I know of, so that narrows it a bit
Old 13 Dec 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3343692)   #1179
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You'd imagine there's an unwritten rule about lifting someone's title sponsor... almost like running off with their girlfriend
lol, when we ran Karcher they got calls from three teams the following day all saying 'Thorney are ****, we will do it better/for less etc"

There is no honour in BTCC I found in that regard sadly.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3343694)   #1180
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorney View Post
lol, when we ran Karcher they got calls from three teams the following day all saying 'Thorney are ****, we will do it better/for less etc"

There is no honour in BTCC I found in that regard sadly.
So it appears... it's downright disgusting behaviour I think.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3343695)   #1181
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can you name the teams ? or give a hint ? Motorbase,? HARD ?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3343698)   #1182
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Best not to do that on here I would have thought.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3343724)   #1183
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Best not to do that on here I would have thought.
Well, we do know SteelSeal jumped from RAR to HARD.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3343725)   #1184
Thorney
Racer

I'm beyond it all now, however the irony of this thread is not lost on me
Old 13 Dec 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3343727)   #1185
Thorney
Racer

You've got to understand the whole market for this is BS. There are 3/4 teams are are capable of delivering a true full marketing operation for a full corporate sponsor, the rest are all funded by either rich drivers, rich drivers dads or rich drivers families and are looking to get someone else to support their hobby by dressing it up as marketing. (I'm not criticising, if I had the money I'd be there too) but some of the crap I've heard spouted about 'brand awareness, marketing, sales promotion' is laughable.

Most big corporate marketing depts are smart enough (in the most part) to see that and whilst we could offer a lot more than most at the time we didn't have the base level of funding to justify the risk for a corporate sponsor so ultimately we failed.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3343728)   #1186
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well, there's only one ex BTCC Team boss 'infamous for other activities' that I know of, so that narrows it a bit
I like to try and keep things simple if I can...
Old 13 Dec 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3343762)   #1187
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's always good to have a true insider's perspective on the WIX "incident"

Cheers Thorney
Old 13 Dec 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3343764)   #1188
mirror images
Rookie

mirror images should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It might even be possible to link team hierarchy or drivers doing a pit stop with a grid girl..... theoretically of course!

On the sponsor bit, it is rarely a case of a sponsor just jumping ship. There are normally 2 sides and in the current case there are 2 sides and neither is a case of blame. In this instance the 2 sides simply couldn't agree what they could give or what they could compromise on for 2014. Stop having a go at either of the parties. It just happens that the new recipient of the sponsorship could agree. End of.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3343793)   #1189
porsche962fan
Veteran

reading about Lea Wood , any ideas where he will be headed ? there are very few options left ..

- HARD
- Speedworks
- Motorbase

think we can safely exclude WSR and the 2nd MG / Rob Austin for him
Old 13 Dec 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3343802)   #1190
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't see him raising the required funds.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3343830)   #1191
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
reading about Lea Wood , any ideas where he will be headed ? there are very few options left ..

- HARD
- Speedworks
- Motorbase

2nd Proton?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3343838)   #1192
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror images View Post
It might even be possible to link team hierarchy or drivers doing a pit stop with a grid girl..... theoretically of course!

On the sponsor bit, it is rarely a case of a sponsor just jumping ship. There are normally 2 sides and in the current case there are 2 sides and neither is a case of blame. In this instance the 2 sides simply couldn't agree what they could give or what they could compromise on for 2014. Stop having a go at either of the parties. It just happens that the new recipient of the sponsorship could agree. End of.
The fact that Rob doesn't seem overly worried makes me think that maybe another sponsor has stepped into fill the void already.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3343841)   #1193
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I can't see him raising the required funds.
Sadly I think you're right. Hope we're proved wrong.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3343986)   #1194
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

- HARD
- Speedworks
- Motorbase

Plenty of options open if he can get funds together. I don't see the fascination with obsessing so much over who is doing what so soon......seeing as we don't know exactly what combination of cars and teams will be entered, its a bit pointless to speculate and rule out people from plans. Its not even Christmas yet!
Old 14 Dec 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3343994)   #1195
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Plenty of options open if he can get funds together. I don't see the fascination with obsessing so much over who is doing what so soon......seeing as we don't know exactly what combination of cars and teams will be entered, its a bit pointless to speculate and rule out people from plans. Its not even Christmas yet!
I agree. Some posters are slightly over-fanatical about it which really grinds my gears.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3344117)   #1196
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As I don't recall seeing Karcher on the side of a Motorbase car I really don't understand why you brought this team into the conversation?

This sort of thing has been going on over the years. Many sponsors have been won and lost between teams. Even without the public knowing...
Old 14 Dec 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3344120)   #1197
Passo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Passo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTC Racing's search for a sponsor continues.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3344123)   #1198
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
As I don't recall seeing Karcher on the side of a Motorbase car I really don't understand why you brought this team into the conversation?

This sort of thing has been going on over the years. Many sponsors have been won and lost between teams. Even without the public knowing...
Some of the changes or last minute swoops 4 sponsors have had untold affects on Teams & Championships, Driver deals & careers, all relatively unknown apart from those involved! How time change

Last edited by Jiiiiiiim; 14 Dec 2013 at 22:13. Reason: Fumbling fingers
Old 15 Dec 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3344234)   #1199
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
purely random
Old 15 Dec 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3344374)   #1200
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Its all no different to drivers moving from team and taking sponsors with them , didnt TOC move this year from one team along with his personal sponsors to Motorbase ? O young in WTCC has done similar thing in the past so all the teams know that the sponsors money is only as good as the amount they put in the bank , when its gone its gone, move to the next one .
Closed Thread