Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 13 Mar 2003, 20:34 (Ref:535398)   #1
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British rallycross championship in Ireland (Double header)

Anyone going across to watch the second and third rounds?

Should be a massive entry for both rounds with all the Irish entrys joining in.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 21:37 (Ref:540564)   #2
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, clerking at Nutts but maybe just watching at Mondello. Really looking forward to it.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 22:44 (Ref:540679)   #3
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Europeans are still trying to be attracted to the event at Nutts Corner. There is government funding so the travel fee for all europeans will be paid for. Full article on news section of www.rallyracing.nl Fingers crossed.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 22:46 (Ref:540683)   #4
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
European drivers are still trying to be attracted to race in the event at Nutts corner. Goverment funding has been secured for the event so travel fees for europeans will be paid for. More details on news section of www.rallyracing.nl

This weekend should be good. The first round at croft was top notch. See that on tv (on men and motors) on march 29th.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 08:53 (Ref:540964)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I'll be at Nutts and at Mondello so if you're coming over, stop by and say hi! I'll be the one in orange....

Ok that joke is getting old but I still like it!

Seriously, does anyone know what kind of entry size we're looking at? We've been told 120 entries for Mondello but have no info on Nutts.

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 19 Mar 2003 at 08:55.
Old 19 Mar 2003, 20:49 (Ref:541512)   #6
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
The full entry lists are now online in the news section of www.rallyracing.nl The entry hasnt closed yet so there will be more updates to come to list throughout the rest of the week.

The double header will be very very competitive in all classes.
Old 20 Mar 2003, 08:36 (Ref:541899)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
oooh 10 supercars for Nutts - strange that there's only 7 for Mondello though. Isn't Mondello a championship round as well?
Old 20 Mar 2003, 13:02 (Ref:542058)   #8
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Yeap it is, but there a number of drivers still to enter. Doran will be there but is currently not officially entered for Mondello, but will be. The entry is belived to remain open until sunday so there will be quite a few additions.

Strange thing is mondello seem to have seperated the irish championship from the Gb champs. If you notice there is a seperate class for Irish supercars, modified and Stock Hatch away from the Gb champs.
Old 20 Mar 2003, 13:36 (Ref:542105)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I assume that's because there is a separate Irish championship? I imagine there'd be some protests if Championship points from one were affected by the presence of drivers from another?
Old 20 Mar 2003, 13:43 (Ref:542110)   #10
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
yeah there are seperate championships, but Nutts corner is also a round of the irish championship but that hasnt been seperated. Last year they were ran all together but the British runners didnt score points (i dont think). If this is the case it will surely effect Lawrence Gibson, Manning, Carnegie, Evans and others who are all battling it out for the irish series as well. I would expect 10 supercars for Mondello in the Gb class and the 3 in the Irish. For mondello Dorans, Andy Grant and Steve Mundy arent on the list yet but will be. It doesnt look like John Cross will making the trip after his problems at Croft a couple of weeks ago. There is should deffiantly be a lot more modified runners though
Old 20 Mar 2003, 14:06 (Ref:542125)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well it should definitely be interesting - a huge improvement on the entry for Nutts last year!

Are you coming over Peter?
Old 20 Mar 2003, 14:49 (Ref:542155)   #12
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
I am still at university so i cant get over. I only have 7 weeks left there so have projects and assignments to finish off otherwise i would have been there. Nutts corner is a superb track raced there in the internations when i was karting. The aim is to provide regular updates online at www.rallyracing.nl over the weekend. I am hoping to get across to European championship in france at the end of may though
Old 21 Mar 2003, 08:29 (Ref:542849)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Oh that's a pity - Mondello is a great circuit too - the Rallycross circuit is very entertaining! you should try and get over at some point if you can - we always have good racing - just a shame it's not a better known circuit.

Just out of curiousity, any reason you've gone for a Netherlands URL?
Old 21 Mar 2003, 12:36 (Ref:543075)   #14
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Please note Peter Grijmins from Holland runs the website. He covers the Belgium (he also covers all events at Maasmechelen, Belgium live on line) and Dutch championship for the last four or five years on his website. I just write articles and provide up to date information as best i can for the website....and also give it a British aspect as well. The idea is to try and cover every rallycross in europe this year to provide up to date results from around the globe.
Old 21 Mar 2003, 14:34 (Ref:543198)   #15
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
the entry lists have now been updated on www.rallyracing.nl (news section). John Cross has entered his Focus Wrc for the events. The event looks like it will be a cracker.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 10:10 (Ref:547254)   #16
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Brian Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

EVIL P. Between Supercars and Modified 37 Entries, apparently 80 - 90 in total, as theres still more to come in. Pat Doran has entered and so has John Cross. Could be a very interesting w/end.
and more of that there black stuff
the racing might be good as well. As long as they dont let
TIFF(I dont want to play, there too rough)NEDELL come over.
Looking forward to catching up on all the gossip on saturday and what pub are we going to raid on saturday night
C EWE SOON TIGGER GURRRRRRR!!!!!

Last edited by Brian Mac; 25 Mar 2003 at 10:14.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 10:36 (Ref:547272)   #17
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - depends what time you make it to Dublin my dear - if you can get down to Dub before 8:30 it'll be Cumiskeys for food and frolics!
Old 25 Mar 2003, 11:06 (Ref:547296)   #18
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
I have to leave Nutts Corner @ 5Pm sharp if racing is not over. Jennifer starts her new job so i need to go to Newcastle to drop her off, but will nip on down to DUB Via Newry, and meet up with you and Magnet! But will talk to you before then pet. TIGGS GURR!! will this be me on sunday morning, i hope not all those fumes, i will need another night off to recover or drink more?????

Last edited by Brian Mac; 25 Mar 2003 at 11:09.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 20:58 (Ref:549235)   #19
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at Mondello - if you're there don't forget to say "hi" to me - I'll be the one on the rescue unit with the longest hair and the biggest chest.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 08:54 (Ref:549699)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
WW - if you fancy Nutts, we have a spare seat in the car

The big question is - is your hair longer and your chest bigger than Grant's......?
Old 27 Mar 2003, 13:19 (Ref:549933)   #21
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Dennis Biggerstaff is going to drive the Peugeot 205 "guest" stock hatch car atNutts Corner.....i wonder if we will see him return to the sport full time at some stage?
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:12 (Ref:550057)   #22
Walt
Rookie

Walt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the mad booze up going to be in the Naas Court Hotel on Saturday nite, I can't make it up to Nutts Corner but Im hoping to make the pub crawl and the nice Sunday afternoon driving with no mahyem!!!!!!

Wicked witch, sounds like you want a judge the size of my chest competition!!! Mike Manning would be up for it
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:31 (Ref:550073)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Mad booze up? Spot the person that's NOT marshalling on Sunday....! We're planning a nice quiet evening with tea and crumpets I'll have you know!
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:56 (Ref:550095)   #24
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown

You have seriously lost your marbles if you thought we were going to have tea & crumpets! I was thinking about DIET coke and dirty big fresh cream sticky buns.Yum-Yum. Who mentioned any body having a nice drive on sunday, i hope everyone has realised that its the Rugby Grand-slam in Dublin. so God help us, could that be an excuse for another nights booze up. Nobody goes to Dublin without getting SNATTERED and falling over, Can they??
I can smell PARTYYYYYYYYYYY!
See what has started to happen.Im Ranting on again.
I have to get out more.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 17:00 (Ref:550158)   #25
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Okaaaayyyy.... well we'll get Walt to pick u up on her way to Naas