Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2011, 23:10 (Ref:2890270)   #51
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Larbre so far away from the works Corvettes, LAA always used to be next to them.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 23:18 (Ref:2890274)   #52
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Le Mans Garage locations:

http://i55.tinypic.com/34dlfrq.jpg
Thanks to Lola, for this image!
Appreciating position here doesn't mean much, but there a degree of wistfulness there about the Pescarolo garage being buried in the middle rather than it being "number two" with the big two car garage I remember of old.

Suspect come Friday it may well win prizes for for size of scrum outside it.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 07:30 (Ref:2890368)   #53
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Appreciating position here doesn't mean much, but there a degree of wistfulness there about the Pescarolo garage being buried in the middle rather than it being "number two" with the big two car garage I remember of old.

Suspect come Friday it may well win prizes for for size of scrum outside it.
That will most probably be lead by the men with their green wigs on!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:11 (Ref:2890613)   #54
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
The ACO has just announced on its website that Jean Todt is to be the starter of this year's race.

Am I alone in feeling a little uncomfortable about this rapprochement between the FIA and the ACO?
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2890619)   #55
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
The ACO has just announced on its website that Jean Todt is to be the starter of this year's race.

Am I alone in feeling a little uncomfortable about this rapprochement between the FIA and the ACO?
It's because og the WEC deal
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2890627)   #56
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It's because og the WEC deal

Yes, that's obvious from the press release, but any involvement of the FIA in Le Mans is a matter of concern to me.

Remember Jean-Marie Balestre? How long before it all goes wrong again? Worse still, what if Mr Ecclestone decides he wants a part of it?
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:29 (Ref:2890630)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

No, you're definitely not alone...... Having watched the Senna movie (or half of it), I now remember why I detested J-M Balestre.....
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:39 (Ref:2890637)   #58
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I'm still hoping that Todt remembers the state of Le Mans when he ran the show at Peugeot Sport, and does everything possible to prevent sportscar racing from going into another nosedive like that.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2890644)   #59
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes, that's obvious from the press release, but any involvement of the FIA in Le Mans is a matter of concern to me.

Remember Jean-Marie Balestre? How long before it all goes wrong again? Worse still, what if Mr Ecclestone decides he wants a part of it?
Ecclestone has nothing to do with FIA.
Ecclestone is head man of the hedge fond which owns the F1 brand, ei. the Marketing branch of F1.
Ecclestone therefor will have NOTHING to say at Le Mans, unless he somehow purchase power from ACO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I'm still hoping that Todt remembers the state of Le Mans when he ran the show at Peugeot Sport, and does everything possible to prevent sportscar racing from going into another nosedive like that.
Todt entered Le Mans with Peugeot Talbot Sport, when it was about to go wrong. Remember the 3.5L rules, which killed the Group C cars?, The Peugeot 905 was one of the first of them.

But Todt, i respect, and i really think and hope that he know the spirit of Le Mans, and wants to improve this.

But this is not the subject of the Thread. Lets take it to the proper thread:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...23#post2890623
Old 3 Jun 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2890702)   #60
Le Vieux
Veteran

I don't think you've quite understood my post, CTD, but let's leave it there.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2890833)   #61
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone for golf?

Some nice prizes available in the Greaves Motorsport competition..............

Greaves Motorsport – Bruichladdich Promotions for 2011 Le Mans 24 Hours

Golf Tournament

Join Greaves Motorsport for a game of golf at the prestigious Le Mans Golf Tournament at 9 am Friday 10th June.

To enter all you need to do is name the year the Bruichladdich distillery re-opened by email to info@bruichladdich.com together with your mobile phone number, golf club and handicap by Monday 6th June 1.30 pm. You will need to have a handicap of 20 or less, bandits welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those attending Tuesday’s Autograph session at the Circuit at 5.00PM

Q. What was Tim Greaves’ first job?

Prize: One signed bottle of 2011 Malt, the 21 year old Greaves Motorsport Whisky. The bottle’s label will be signed by the Team’s three drivers and directors of Greaves Motorsport. In addition a tour around the garage with photo opportunities will be arranged.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those attending the Race

Answers to info@bruichladdich.com

Q. What price is the most expensive bottle of Bruichladdich?

Q. What the brand name of gin that Bruichladdich produces?

Q. What is the connection between Bruichladdich and a Yellow Submarine?

A draw will be made on Thursday morning from the correct entries submitted

Prize: One signed bottle of 2011 Malt, the 21 year old Greaves Motorsport Whisky. The bottle’s label will be signed by the team’s three drivers and directors of Greaves Motorsport.

Photo opportunities with the ‘Moulin Rouge Girls’ in and around the car, not behind the bike sheds though….

"Photo opportunities with the ‘Moulin Rouge Girls’ in and around the car......" Ayse, how's our diary looking for the latter part of next week?
Old 4 Jun 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2890961)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely fine James........