Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Jun 2010, 04:38 (Ref:2706483)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Autosport 3hr Snet 5th/6th June

Well that's the fourth running of the revived Autosport 3hr and it really does get better each time!

Really good to meet many of the regulars again and also many new marshals and competitors to the event and from some of the comments looks like many of these will be back next year - certainly hope so!

Great to see that the Race was once again benefitting from the glorious Snet Sun - what a glorious day - just what the 3hr deserves, fantastic weather, superb location - Costa del Snetterton, beautiful cars, and some lovely ladies enjoying the sun...........Well ok, I am an Observer (Post Chief) in my spare time and have to keep my eye in!!!

Absolutely brilliant racing and atmosphere throughout the weekend and the superb manner & spirit in which everyone, competitors, teams, ,marshals, Safety Car teams, Recovery, Rescue/Medical and MSV circuit staff just worked so well together to achieve the timetable and especially the very tight timewise Sunday schedule was really appreciated by the team in Race Control. We couldn't have achieved it without everyone's contribution, so well done to you all and a BIG THANK YOU!

Despite several incidents involving stoppages and restarts etc on Sunday we still managed to finish some 12 minutes ahead of schedule thanks to your assistance with some quick turnarounds between sessions.

I would just like to say a special thank you to Terry & Chris for their work in the safety car throughout the weekend, they did a great job, although didn't get too many run outs on the Sunday as most of the incidents were fairly major and mostly needed Reds, due to the short race durations.

Also a big thank you to Westie Mitchell who was quietly going about his business preparing his Formula Ford when he was press-ganged into doing a stint in the Safety Car during the 3hr, to give Terry & Chris a break.

I also understand that the marshals at Bombhole on Saturday have adopted Pia Bianchi as their favorite driver after spending a couple of hours in her company on Saturday afternoon when her MG sadly had a terminal engine failure. The crew were just were not the same on the Sunday!!

Finally a round of applause to Grahame, Alan and all the HSCC team for all their hard work behind the scenes to make this event what it is and to the Autosport team for their continued support in recreating this historic race.

Note to oneself - Better order the Sun again for next year today!!

Terry
Old 8 Jun 2010, 07:21 (Ref:2706508)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to say how impressed I was with the Team Work at all of the affected posts during any 'snatches' that took place Saturday Terry.
Also the Start line guy's efficiency and friendly banter,always good working with you,thanks for a good weekend!