Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Oct 2007, 10:59 (Ref:2047691)   #951
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, but did anyone check the temperature of that last 2-litres?

All joking part, congratulations on winning Fangio, it's a great-looking car. I've loved Mustangs ever since I saw my very first one racing - a red Fastback driven by Ken Baker at Snetterton in 1965 or '66 (I'll have to check the programme).
Old 22 Oct 2007, 11:12 (Ref:2047706)   #952
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangio
We tried to reason with the Belgians but they wouldn't listen.
Can you please amend this to "the Walloons"?
What do you expect, you're at Spa. Nobody ever listens there.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 11:24 (Ref:2047723)   #953
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper

Now would have been good to watch Esper
Old 22 Oct 2007, 12:11 (Ref:2047815)   #954
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You think you had problems at Spa...?

Last week, we were informed at the drivers briefing that our standing start would be on the F1 pit straight. "is there 65 spaces for all our cars" I asked - "no, only 35" was the answer...
Old 22 Oct 2007, 12:44 (Ref:2047857)   #955
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So whats wrong with starting before the new complex
Old 22 Oct 2007, 15:21 (Ref:2048062)   #956
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin
Ah, but did anyone check the temperature of that last 2-litres?

All joking part, congratulations on winning Fangio, it's a great-looking car. I've loved Mustangs ever since I saw my very first one racing - a red Fastback driven by Ken Baker at Snetterton in 1965 or '66 (I'll have to check the programme).
Time it warmed up,it worked out at 4 ltrs John.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2048100)   #957
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Expanding fuel - could that possibly have been your problem with the 'B' Terry? Was Peter actually burning-off fuel??
Old 22 Oct 2007, 16:26 (Ref:2048115)   #958
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
No John,I,d warmed it to room temperature beforehand.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 20:56 (Ref:2048388)   #959
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car is so good it would probably have done another lap on the petrol vapour only................
Old 22 Oct 2007, 21:02 (Ref:2048390)   #960
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Eddy, I understand you tried as well.
We had another nice example during the VdeV modern 4 hrs. They (you all know who) forgot to give the flag to the winner and only gave it to nr 2.
The FIA rules state that in that case the race is supposed to have finished as foreseen so the winner actually gets the flag one lap too late but is classified as having done the original nr of laps like the others.
Here it was decided that because the winner (and only the winner) got the flag one lap too late, the race was supposed to have finished one lap early...........
Again I tried to tell the guy he was wrong with the FIA rules printed out for him, but.......guess what happened? Nothing.

I cannot understand that this race director is allowed to stay.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 21:11 (Ref:2048404)   #961
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
So whats wrong with starting before the new complex
Initial ideas was to start along the F1 pit straight, through the new chicane and along to Blanchimont! Didn't fancy the idea of standing staerters racing into the "bus stop", maybe only 5 yards away - eventually had to go for a rolling start
Old 22 Oct 2007, 21:14 (Ref:2048408)   #962
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
or the driver would have !
Old 23 Oct 2007, 05:23 (Ref:2048642)   #963
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds like a mate of mine who managed to drive his car 50 miles with a dead alternator and battery (not a diesel either! )
Old 23 Oct 2007, 07:08 (Ref:2048686)   #964
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So it didn,t turn out toooo bad Graeme.I hear through the grape vine ,that the present race Directoris soon to be replaced,perhaps thing,s will improve for next season.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 07:48 (Ref:2048708)   #965
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Quote:
So it didn,t turn out toooo bad Graeme.
I got a win and a second (was leading out of the Bus Stop - how did I loose it...?), and took the championship, so not all bad

TBH we haven't had many problems at Spa
Old 23 Oct 2007, 08:34 (Ref:2048736)   #966
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Well done,I suppose you see Spa through rose tinted now.

Provisional date for the "Proposed 6Hr" is 21st Sept next year.
There should be a stand at the NEC Motorsport Show,perhap,s there be a que for re-fund,s from the Managment Team for our "Missing Hour".
Old 23 Oct 2007, 08:43 (Ref:2048747)   #967
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bloody hell. I thought it was the week later!

Have to block book the hotel for four weeks either side of that date then.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 08:47 (Ref:2048750)   #968
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I also thought it was a week later too? If you're right Terence, doesn't that then clash with Goodwood?
Old 23 Oct 2007, 09:05 (Ref:2048775)   #969
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
I also thought it was a week later too? If you're right Terence, doesn't that then clash with Goodwood?

It,s what I was told by one of the organizers this morning John,obviously it will depend on the Eccelstone Circus dates.It is only pencil.d in though,so we will have to wait and see.

Block booking?---Beat you to it.Double room anyone?only 200Eu per night Goodwood,Whats going on there?
Old 23 Oct 2007, 15:38 (Ref:2049279)   #970
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
You will all no doubt be pleased to hear that the present Circuit Managers period of employment is soon coming to an end,he is very good with business but has no time for racers! The next poor sod to take on the position IS from a motorsport background,it would seem as though next year,s 6hr will be run to a slightly different format,we live in hope! [I did suggest it was run for under 2ltrs ]No Orange car,s allowed etc.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 15:41 (Ref:2049284)   #971
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You will all no doubt be pleased to hear that the present Circuit Managers period of employment is soon coming to an end,he is very good with business but has no time for racers! The next poor sod to take on the position IS from a motorsport background,it would seem as though next year,s 6hr will be run to a slightly different format,we live in hope! [I did suggest it was run for under 2ltrs ]No Orange car,s allowed etc.
bring me plastic red one, will be meaner........
Old 23 Oct 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2049292)   #972
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
bring me plastic red one, will be meaner........
I thought that might stir you up .

We can only do our best Esper.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 16:07 (Ref:2049306)   #973
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No way i am getting excited on next years race dates. If it does class with Goodwood then its going to be a big prob for a lot of teams me included.Mr Cirrus will map out next years dates arround Feburary for the Delta run cars as the past years have shown it only takes a shift in a GP date which will then affect the smallest of clubbie meetings. If the date does clash with Spa then we will just have to dress up in period for the 6 hours.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 19:28 (Ref:2049529)   #974
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
No way i am getting excited on next years race dates. If it does class with Goodwood then its going to be a big prob for a lot of teams me included.Mr Cirrus will map out next years dates arround Feburary for the Delta run cars as the past years have shown it only takes a shift in a GP date which will then affect the smallest of clubbie meetings. If the date does clash with Spa then we will just have to dress up in period for the 6 hours.
its good to hear that your "sharp" on Spa again!!!!!!!
Old 23 Oct 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2049627)   #975
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
downhill slope