Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Aug 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2519663)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Races 19, 20 & 21 - Knockhill, Fife - 16th August 2009

Entry List (Unofficial) for Knockhill

#DriverTeamCarGraphic
1Fabrizio GiovanardiVX RacingVauxhall Vectra
2Mat JacksonRacing SilverlineChevrolet Lacetti
3Jason PlatoRacing SilverlineChevrolet Lacetti
4Colin TurkingtonTeam RACBMW 320si
5Matt NealVX RacingVauxhall Vectra
10Tom ChiltonTeam AonFord Focus
11Rob CollardAirwaves BMWBMW 320si
12Jonathan AdamAirwaves BMWBMW 320si
17Harry VaulkhardBamboo EngineeringChevrolet Lacetti
29Paul O'NeillSunshine.co.uk/TechspeedHonda Integra
35James ThompsonTeam DynamicsHonda Civic
44Stephen JelleyTeam RACBMW 320si
50John GeorgeTH Motorsport with JAGHonda Integra
52Gordon SheddenCartridge World Carbon ZeroSEAT Leon
55Dave PinkneyTeam DynamicsHonda Civic
63Martin JohnsonBoulevard Team RacingVauxhall Astra
77Andrew JordanVX RacingVauxhall Vectra

No Shows - As far as I know
#DriverTeamCarGraphic
9Adam JonesCartridge World Carbon ZeroSEAT Leon
15Martyn BellSunshine.co.uk/TechspeedHonda Integra
23James NashRMLChevrolet Lacetti
27Liam McMillanMaxtremeSEAT Toledo
20Alan MorrisonTeam AonFord Focus

Car graphics courtesy of AndyBlackmoreDesign | SpotterGuides.com

BTCC Timetable:
TimeSessionDay
09.55 - 10.35Free PracticeSat
12.20 - 13.00Free PracticeSat
15.55 - 16.25QualifyingSat
11.55Round 19Sun
14.50Round 20Sun
17.00Round 21Sun

Predictions Competition: Enter Here

* Knockhill will be the last outing for James Thompson this season due to commitments in the World, Danish and Australian V8 championships. Have read elsewhere Johnny Herbert has stated he is in the final discussions of tying up a deal to replace Thompson.

* No word yet on the second AON Focus as far as I know?

* I see Plato has said the title is gone for him now and all he wants is race wins. Some banzai manouvres at Duffus then perhaps?!

Last edited by Hazard; 14 Aug 2009 at 20:41. Reason: Updating the 'non'-entry list
Old 11 Aug 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2519670)   #2
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Morrison is supposed to be back out at Knockhill. We shall see. Maybe a bit premature having him on the no-shows list though.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2519690)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Morrison is supposed to be back out at Knockhill. We shall see. Maybe a bit premature having him on the no-shows list though.
Aon confirmed they were down to one car as they were working on new parts to improve the performance of the car during the summer break.

Since they haven't made the car much faster, not sure whether that means he's more likely to race at Knockhill, or less!
Old 11 Aug 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2519706)   #4
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Jason Hughes given up for the season?
Old 11 Aug 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2519779)   #5
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post

* I see Plato has said the title is gone for him now and all he wants is race wins. Some banzai manouvres at Duffus then perhaps?!
Most definitely.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2519813)   #6
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
Has Jason Hughes given up for the season?
I think it is more of a case that we have given up on him!
Old 13 Aug 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2520767)   #7
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a bad feeling if Morrison does not return for knockhill we wont see him again. I disagree that Herbert will do well in BTCC and see him running behind Pinkney, a strange choice considering the talent available as Herbert cannot be paying for the drive or bringing any sponsers i would have thought, I can see this being a Derek Warwick senario at Alfa in 95.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2520782)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Warwick wasn't helped by the 95 Alfa being a bit poor. Even defending champion Tarquini couldn't do much better when he returned.

Herbert may not be bringing sponsorship money himself but his presence there might. He's is well known enough to get coverage in the mainstream press, even if it's only for the first meeting, which is exactly what a potential sponsor is looking for.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 12:27 (Ref:2520784)   #9
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
I have a bad feeling if Morrison does not return for knockhill we wont see him again. I disagree that Herbert will do well in BTCC and see him running behind Pinkney, a strange choice considering the talent available as Herbert cannot be paying for the drive or bringing any sponsers i would have thought, I can see this being a Derek Warwick senario at Alfa in 95.
Though in Warwick's case the car was off the pace which didn't help- As I remember, when Tarquini came back to replace Simoni mid-season, he couldn't do that much with it either....

The Herbert deal is interesting- as you say, I can't imagine he's paying for the drive, so have TD been able to line up an additional sponsor on the strength of a 'high-profile' signing? I really hope he goes well- I first saw him in FF1600 back in the 80's and he's a driver I've always rated highly.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2520879)   #10
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Herbert was saying today in Edinburgh that it's not a done deal yet, they're still talking. Being very tight lipped.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2521001)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Were there any drivers spotted in Edinburgh that were a surprise to see, or might confirm potential drivers for remainding rounds?
Old 13 Aug 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2521004)   #12
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Not that I know if. I only saw Giovanardi, Jordan, Turkington, Jelley, Pinkney, Thompson, Herbert, Adam, Shedden (car didn't run surprisingly...), George, Johnson and Chilton.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2521013)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds like TD (including Herbert) put in the biggest appearance.
To my mind (although I'm probably reading too much into it) it appears that TD are still pushing hard to get regular results again.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2521020)   #14
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well TD's car they ran today in Edinburgh was a road car, IIRC at the last Edinburgh event the Integra was also a road car. It doesn't bother me it's not a touring car but it's a bit of a poor show it's made out it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Were there any drivers spotted in Edinburgh that were a surprise to see, or might confirm potential drivers for remainding rounds?
Cleland was having a good look around Gio's Vectra. Also heard him mention if he had a team the two guys he'd employ would be Turkington and Adam, as I seen this mentioned in a BTCC.net article the other day, is this something that has potential, is Cleland still thinking of trying to see if a Volvo team can be put together?

On talking about the AON Focus he also stated that whats holding this team back is the lack of factory involvement and it would be great if that could happen. (although with the funds Chilton apparently has access to I wonder if Ford involvement would make a difference)
Old 14 Aug 2009, 07:12 (Ref:2521175)   #15
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well TD's car they ran today in Edinburgh was a road car, IIRC at the last Edinburgh event the Integra was also a road car. It doesn't bother me it's not a touring car but it's a bit of a poor show it's made out it is.

On talking about the AON Focus he also stated that whats holding this team back is the lack of factory involvement and it would be great if that could happen. (although with the funds Chilton apparently has access to I wonder if Ford involvement would make a difference)
Interesting, Arena new the score that Ford had no interest so they can't really complain and ask for involment from them now, I think they have made a mistake taking the focus on and would have saved time and resource taking the 08 Chevy. I can see the focus cars being replaced next year and the project put in a dark corner.

I am reluctant to believe the reason behind the second car not running as simply aero development work when they have run it for the first half of the season developing the car at race meetings, the Croft affair with Morrison was all to last minute to think he will be back IMO, hope Im wrong.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2521180)   #16
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Arena did say they were near to a deal with Ford up until the financial problems became clear last year. They also say the Focus is a terrific chassis. We have to believe that what they say is true enough.

I don't think it would ever be Arena's style to buy another car and run it and be held to ransom for parts when they have the facilities to build their own car.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2521288)   #17
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Full credit to them for taking that option and not going for the safe choice of buying a car off the shelf, of which there are several around already.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2521323)   #18
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Surprise surprise......Nash to miss Knockhill due to "budgetary issues".

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77653
Old 14 Aug 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2521350)   #19
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Can scrub Bell from the entry too.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2521359)   #20
Matt_S
Racer

England
Matt_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Jones....

http://www.crash.net/btcc/news/15099...out_jones.html
Old 14 Aug 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2521361)   #21
Alfa Fan
Veteran

So down to a less than impressive 16 cars..
Old 14 Aug 2009, 14:37 (Ref:2521393)   #22
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Dissapointing indeed.

I was sure both Leon's were in the teams transporter yesterday in Edinburgh.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2521395)   #23
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dissapointing indeed.

I was sure both Leon's were in the teams transporter yesterday in Edinburgh.
Probably going to use the Jones car as a parts mule for this meeting.
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2521425)   #24
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Yes I saw the Jones car too. I hope Vaulkhard's car has been fixed in time, given that he didn't appear yesterday as scheduled.

I'm sorry, I know teams have reasons, but it's a farce. Every time that Knockhill comes around we hear all the excuses. I feel we're being shortchanged up here, given that the support races from Renault don't attend and the remaining TOCA regulars have fields in the mid teens.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 16:39 (Ref:2521449)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I never really understand the whole "budgetary issues" excuse for not doing Knockhill.

They can't afford the £200 in diesel it would cost to get there?