Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Sep 2001, 15:09 (Ref:148306)   #1
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do any other big countries like Australia get really crappy TV coverage?

I am getting so sick and tired of our free to air station channel nine showing such utter **** coverage of Formula 1 races. there is not even an hour on saturday night allocated for qualifying. also, the races are delayed by up to a couple of hours on most occasions, so this makes getting on the internet before the race a real annoyance. I was just wondering if many other countries have the same problem?
Old 20 Sep 2001, 11:32 (Ref:148631)   #2
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Do any other big countries like Australia get really crappy TV coverage?

Quote:
Originally posted by timbo2001
I am getting so sick and tired of our free to air station channel nine showing such utter **** coverage of Formula 1 races. there is not even an hour on saturday night allocated for qualifying. also, the races are delayed by up to a couple of hours on most occasions, so this makes getting on the internet before the race a real annoyance. I was just wondering if many other countries have the same problem?
The USA and Scandinavia also get poor coverage
Old 20 Sep 2001, 11:54 (Ref:148638)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I am happy to say that the UK gets excellent coverage. We get the whole of qualifying and the complete race live, courtesy of ITV. I guess you guys in Oz need to get Mr Murdoch involved?
Old 20 Sep 2001, 12:13 (Ref:148647)   #4
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the thing is, the current channel on which the f1 is televised, channel nine, has all the tv rights. meaning our other bloody great motorsport channel, network 10, can't do **** all to get a hold of the rights to air f1. its not untill about another 3 years time that another network can buy the rights.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 12:30 (Ref:148662)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No other TV channel in Australia, which can afford F1, will show it live free-to-air. Why? Because a movie will rate better. So don't expect anything better from channel 10 in that respect. They could show delayed qualifying, or my preference of a show on Sunday afternoon of qualifying highlights (real ones, not 2 minutes of reading the grid with some video in the background), F3000 highlights and a few stories that ITV run and maybe one or two done by an Australian reporter. Any channel can fit that in.

If any channel is out there wanting F1 coverage, I come cheap