Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jun 2002, 08:03 (Ref:310346)   #1
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jean Todt speaks

From Jean Todt on F1 Racing.net
Quote:
“I love Ferrari from the past, because I think if you have passion for motor racing you love Ferrari, or you don’t have the passion of motor racing if you don’t love Ferrari as certain people do."
The full article is here. http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=47745

This guy is something else.. Does this mean if you're not a member of the tifosi you're not passionate about motor racing?

Whatever Jean, whatever..

Last edited by Spudgun; 11 Jun 2002 at 08:06.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 08:33 (Ref:310377)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Jean Todt speaks

Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
I love Ferrari from the past (as said by the toad)
does this mean that he doesn't agree with his own ethics?
Old 11 Jun 2002, 08:56 (Ref:310393)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My god, what's wrong with this bloke?
I wake up at 3am and watch races beacuse I love Formula 1, I buy all the books, the magazines, the scale model cars, discuss it with my mates, and on here, and read all the websites and yet I am not a passionate Formula 1 supporter. I call jumping up and down and throwing stuff at the televison after Austria passion.....
Old 11 Jun 2002, 09:11 (Ref:310410)   #4
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come on don't be harsh - the guy clearly is not that bright.

Have you noticed he and Brawn etc have to have there initials on all their kit - bit like children have their names in the back of their clothes in case they lose them. I wouldn't be suprised if his shoes have 'L' and 'R' on the bottom.

And, he looks like the nearest thing in F1 to a short fat 'teletubby' (sorry if this kids TV programme is meaningless in your neck of the woods) with those track headphones on with the big aerials that stick up!

No, which one is he like?

Tinky winky ... no, Laa Laa, .... nope, Dipsy ... maybe. Arrrr he wears red so he must be a Po!

A complete and utter Po!
Old 11 Jun 2002, 09:51 (Ref:310455)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Po or Poo?
Old 11 Jun 2002, 09:55 (Ref:310458)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Todt is arrogant.

And not everyone has to support Ferrari, and considering what the team has become lately, who could blame people for turning their backs on them.

That comment is just plain stupidity on his part.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 10:26 (Ref:310494)   #7
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just by looking at his body language on the pitwall, he does not look like a full quid!!!!!!
very strange man!!
Old 11 Jun 2002, 10:31 (Ref:310500)   #8
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its like alex ferguson saying if you dont support (and buy huge amounts of their rip off merchandise) Manchester United, then you dont like football. absolutly stupid. who the hell does Todt think he is, next he'll be proclaiming schumacher is bigger than God...
Old 11 Jun 2002, 11:30 (Ref:310536)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Actually, I loved Ferrari since I was very young - always had. However, I cannot stomach Ferrari with the Toad in charge, and MSch their lead driver. So, I cheer for other teams, mostly Minardi. Maybe the Toad will get sick and croak one day, and I will love Ferrari again.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 11 Jun 2002, 11:35 (Ref:310538)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like Todt, Schumi et al or not - the point... that Ferrari epitomises F1 and is by far the most significant brand in F1 over the years is pretty difficult to argue with. They sure as hell know how to make a beautiful car.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 12:54 (Ref:310599)   #11
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is what Schumacher told him to say. Never mind Toad, he is just a puppet....LOL
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:41 (Ref:310916)   #12
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"""Ferrari epitomises F1 and is by far the most significant brand in F1 over the years is pretty difficult to argue with."""
------------------------------------------------------------
This is a joke right?
Old 11 Jun 2002, 20:56 (Ref:311008)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Like Todt, Schumi et al or not - the point... that Ferrari epitomises F1
come off it Glen, are you saying that as i don't like Ferrari i'm not a proper Motor Racing fan?
Old 11 Jun 2002, 22:13 (Ref:311090)   #14
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Goon
Like Todt, Schumi et al or not - the point... that Ferrari epitomises F1 and is by far the most significant brand in F1 over the years is pretty difficult to argue with.
*Shades of Toad*
Old 11 Jun 2002, 22:21 (Ref:311093)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
freud - this is unwarranted. As your friend, I ask you please to apologise to Glen, who is also my friend.

Regards, Valve
Old 11 Jun 2002, 22:54 (Ref:311108)   #16
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You guys "read" what you expect to/want to read - all I said was that Ferrari is the most famous F1 marque by a country mile, and their heritage is an integral part of F1. You can not support them, for sure - but if you are going to sit there and say that the name Ferrari is not synonymous with F1 most sensible people will just laugh at you. As I am now.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 04:30 (Ref:311228)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
most sensible people will just laugh at you. As I am now.
sorry Glen, i now see your point, it's just that you have a habit of posting things that don't make sense. (sometimes!!)

Last edited by Mr V; 12 Jun 2002 at 04:31.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 04:33 (Ref:311230)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
or should i say, say one thing when you seem to mean something else! (i.e...when you say, "i'm not a MS fan" when in actual fact, you are )
Old 12 Jun 2002, 04:50 (Ref:311240)   #19
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
*silent appreciation for mr v*
Old 12 Jun 2002, 05:00 (Ref:311244)   #20
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
or should i say, say one thing when you seem to mean something else! (i.e...when you say, "i'm not a MS fan" when in actual fact, you are )

Yeah!!! Too many people have been talking to freud.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 12 Jun 2002, 05:27 (Ref:311256)   #21
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah...and how many people say that they are not "anti-schumacher", yet can't ignore any opportunity to blast Michael/Ferrari, start calling names and scream theories?

Just a few simple words make it clear wide open who are those who are simply immature.

Last edited by Gt_R; 12 Jun 2002 at 05:28.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 09:59 (Ref:311356)   #22
calais
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Yeah...and how many people say that they are not "anti-schumacher", yet can't ignore any opportunity to blast Michael/Ferrari, start calling names and scream theories?
at least we admit we are anti TFG {i do anyway}, and not pretend we are'nt TFG fans but keep singing his praise all the time.
{ not refering to you, GT-R}
Old 12 Jun 2002, 10:54 (Ref:311417)   #23
Glen
Veteran

You don't need to be a Schumacher fan to say that Ferrari are the biggest team in F1. You don't need to be a "fan" to recognise the best driver. You can try and write-off the evidence and call anyone who points to that evidence a "disciple" - but in doing so you completely igonore the evidence... Unlike others, I would like to see someone (Montoya) take the fight to Schumacher, not simply wait for the number one to retire.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 11:03 (Ref:311424)   #24
calais
Veteran

OUCH!!!!!
Old 12 Jun 2002, 12:10 (Ref:311487)   #25
Glen
Veteran

Been watching the world cup - tackle hard!