Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Aug 2009, 03:39 (Ref:2515139)   #51
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the latest e motorsport news, A New Zealand team had lodged a entry for a BMW 130i in the 12hr, good to see a international team entering.

Also reading that Osborne Motorsport has acquired the two Mazda 3 MPS's entered by Mazda in the 2009 Targa rallies for next years AMC and i guess the Bathurst 12 hour.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2515289)   #52
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
In the latest e motorsport news, A New Zealand team had lodged a entry for a BMW 130i in the 12hr, good to see a international team entering.

Also reading that Osborne Motorsport has acquired the two Mazda 3 MPS's entered by Mazda in the 2009 Targa rallies for next years AMC and i guess the Bathurst 12 hour.
I wonder what will become of the trusty old Celica's? If only I had a couple of hundred thousand dollars lying around, I could make Mr Osborne an offer he couldn't refuse....still, I suppose someone will probably purchase them off him.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 4 Aug 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2515303)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There has been a change to the 2010 Bathurst 12 hour dates.

The race is now on the 12-14 February.
What a way to spend Valentine's Day
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Aug 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2519360)   #54
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Update on more potential entries from Auto Action

2 x BMW 135i's, one for Sherrin Motorsport and the other for Luke Searle as well as a FPV F6 Typhoon from Robinson Racing and possibly Marcus Zukanovic is entering a GT 500 mustang.

Reading that a Falcon FG ute will be entered as a development exercise for the Ute series as well.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2519556)   #55
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would assume the Robinson car is the same one they ran in 2007 with the associated updates to FG spec...
Old 12 Aug 2009, 02:57 (Ref:2519940)   #56
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Quote:
Update on more potential entries from Auto Action

2 x BMW 135i's, one for Sherrin Motorsport and the other for Luke Searle as well as a FPV F6 Typhoon from Robinson Racing and possibly Marcus Zukanovic is entering a GT 500 mustang.

Reading that a Falcon FG ute will be entered as a development exercise for the Ute series as well.
Good work on the heads-up of entrants Davo - you heading to next year's race? If the Zukanovic rumours are true, I wonder if it will be his first race back from the accident he had at the beginning of the year...
I like the idea of the more 'exotic' cars which the Invitational Class is aimed at, but will Mitsubishi (and in particular TMR) cause a stir if they are beaten to line honours by one of these machines?
It's also good to hear a couple of Sydney teams will be out doing some early testing for next year's 12 Hour at Oran Park in a couple of weeks time.

I just hope that it isn't half a dozen Evo's fighting for the win. If Holt's BMW gets a couple of good pilots, same with WBR (they MUST have Lee Castle) and the Briffa rumour of L.Holdsworth and another V8 'young-gun', we could have quite a race if their equipment is bulletproof.
As soon as the Bathurst 1000 ends, entries for the 12 Hour get released/confirmed.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 13 Aug 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2521110)   #57
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Heard today that Group N are more than likely to be supporting this event along with IPRA. Chances are that HQ's and Formula Vee's will also attend. Looks as if GT3 Challenge and Saloon Cars will be 'fighting' for the final support spot on the programme.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 14 Aug 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2521127)   #58
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon GT3 Cup and Saloons would be the better choices frlom a spectator point of view. FVee were not happy with their treatment at B12 this year, so I'm not sure if they are keen on going back.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 03:20 (Ref:2521149)   #59
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
and possibly Marcus Zukanovic is entering a GT 500 mustang.
Is it just a GT 500 Mustang or one of the improved Roush (spelling?) machines?
Old 16 Aug 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2522657)   #60
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Heard today that Group N are more than likely to be supporting this event along with IPRA. Chances are that HQ's and Formula Vee's will also attend. Looks as if GT3 Challenge and Saloon Cars will be 'fighting' for the final support spot on the programme.
GT3 Cup Challenge were probably the first confirmed as support category for B12 2010...6 months ago.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 03:45 (Ref:2522738)   #61
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
GT3 Cup Challenge were probably the first confirmed as support category for B12 2010...6 months ago.
Well done. I love that category. Anybody know why the F.Vee guys weren't happy?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 19 Aug 2009, 02:48 (Ref:2524101)   #62
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Heard today that Group N are more than likely to be supporting this event along with IPRA.
IPRA is a done deal, they will be there! Group N have until the end of August to confirm if they will have enough runners.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2524240)   #63
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
IPRA is a done deal, they will be there! Group N have until the end of August to confirm if they will have enough runners.
Thanks Dave. Will you be running in the Group N's?

So far we have GT3 Challenge and IPRA as definates. Just less than 6 months to go now and I'm already looking forward to it!!!
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 19 Aug 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2524264)   #64
aussiefveeracer
Rookie

Australia
aussiefveeracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
$

Put simply it is indirectly damaging the category. The costs of entering and attending the event eat into a large chunk of the average competitor's annual budget/spend. As a result it is having an indirect impact upon the entries for the bread'n'butter state rounds.

It is unfortunate, as Bathurst is a huge draw card for the category, and it show cases Formula Vee racing on a stage the Vee's rarely get to perform on. Despite what people think about Vee's the category as a whole tries hard with the funds it has to put on a good show, and give something back to the competitors as well.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2524788)   #65
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiefveeracer View Post
$

Put simply it is indirectly damaging the category. The costs of entering and attending the event eat into a large chunk of the average competitor's annual budget/spend. As a result it is having an indirect impact upon the entries for the bread'n'butter state rounds.

It is unfortunate, as Bathurst is a huge draw card for the category, and it show cases Formula Vee racing on a stage the Vee's rarely get to perform on. Despite what people think about Vee's the category as a whole tries hard with the funds it has to put on a good show, and give something back to the competitors as well.
Does that mean you guys won't be coming next year?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2525056)   #66
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also the whole fire alarm-red flag-stewards situation?
Old 21 Aug 2009, 08:19 (Ref:2525394)   #67
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Also the whole fire alarm-red flag-stewards situation?
Of course!!! But, safety first.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 21 Aug 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2525475)   #68
speedraced04
Rookie

speedraced04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiefveeracer View Post
$

i think saloons may be of the same opinion after discussing with a few of their guys - its a damn shame these events are getting out of reach for grass roots motorsport
Old 27 Aug 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2528965)   #69
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Dave. Will you be running in the Group N's?
My Torana is for sale, but if know one buys it, i'll put my hand up to run at Bathurst.

For me, racing at Bathurst is so far above and beyond anything else I've ever done.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 06:55 (Ref:2533564)   #70
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Direct from the Bathurst 12 hour site.

The 2010 Bathurst 12 Hour Enduro Showroom could field at least two international entries following enquiries recently from New Zealand and French competitors wishing to tackle the endurance challenge at Mount Panorama.
In its fourth year and scheduled for February 12-14, Bathurst 12 Hour Promoter James O’Brien believes the Event’s profile has grown to the extent it is being recognised internationally.

“We have worked hard to make this a feature race on the Australian calendar. As the only 12 Hour event in Australia, and held at the iconic Mount Panorama Circuit, it offers a unique opportunity for international drivers to compete.”

New Zealander David Taylor who has worked for Porsche and BMW teams in the USA competing in Grand Am, ALMS, ELMS and the IMSA class has a major interest in the Bathurst 12 Hour Event.
“This is one of only a few endurance events in the world that I haven’t attended and although I have built and prepared cars for this event in the past, MSL (Motorsport Services) has never gone there as a team,” said Taylor.
Taylors team will comprise of Bob Grove (Classic Racer/ NZV8 Ute racer) Scott O’Donnell (Classic Alfa/ BMW Super Tourer/Porsche GT3 Cup and RSR racer), Allan Dippie (MG/Rover/Porsche GT3/Toyota International Rally cars).

Both Allan and Scott have competed with Taylor at the Nurburgring 24 Hour and all have plans to add the Bathurst 12 Hour to their International portfolio.
“We are very much looking forward to racing at Bathurst and our BMW 130i will be competitive in its class. The plan is to run a 2 car team, certainly one car in 2010 and definitely two cars in 2011,” he explained.
Another International enquiry has come from French team Exigence Motorsport about running a Renault Clio in the Event.
“This is a 2 litre production car that races in the Renault Clio Cup Series in France, which is one of our major domestic championships. We have raced the same car in the Dubai 24 Hour and would just love to do Bathurst,” said Team Principal Benjamin Breton.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 00:56 (Ref:2534156)   #71
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Searle's have confirmed they will enter a 135i. Should be an outright contender.

Still interested to see if a GT500 Mustang gets entered. Should be too quick for everything in a straight line...but corners and stopping may be difficult.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 01:54 (Ref:2534167)   #72
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does a GT500 really fit the rules? Don't the LHD/RHD conversion places usually charge a quite large mark-up, which would put the car into Porsche territory for price locally?
Old 4 Sep 2009, 02:29 (Ref:2534176)   #73
alfacors
Veteran

I noticed the PR also said the Sherrin Team has built a 135i already? Anyone got anymore info on this? Hopefully the 135 doesn't suffer the engine management glitches that Holty's car has had.... which btw is for sale for $130,000.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 02:52 (Ref:2534180)   #74
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Holty have another car planned?
Old 5 Sep 2009, 03:09 (Ref:2534772)   #75
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
I noticed the PR also said the Sherrin Team has built a 135i already? Anyone got anymore info on this? Hopefully the 135 doesn't suffer the engine management glitches that Holty's car has had.... which btw is for sale for $130,000.
Ummm...Unless Holty is selling spares, transporter, etc., with the car.....how did he enter a $130,000 into a race with a $110,000 price cap?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...