Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Sep 2009, 05:08 (Ref:2549504)   #101
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember interviewing Stokell and Shaw for a story about that. Stokell swore blind he'd never drive a Golf again.

Wasn't it an ABS thing? IIRC Stokell's car didn't stop and crashed HARD into the side of Shaw.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 05:11 (Ref:2549506)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
Yeah but are you racing yours?
Not on your life... the sister car to mine, delivered the very same day, has done about 80 hard laps of Wakefield Park and is still on its original pads/rotors... and that owner (well, leaseholder..) doesnt spare the gear!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Sep 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2549645)   #103
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see on Sunday at the NSWRRC OP meeting, the Walden's trusty old VZ SS having a run in the hands of former Saloon car owner Scott Sullivan. I'm pretty sure that the car has not been sold yet, but maybe Sullivan was performing a 'try-before-buying' approach?
Also interesting to see Bob Pearson putting his trusty EVO X, that has been crashed at both Bathurst and Eastern Creek this year, a successful workout.
I know for a fact that there are at least half a dozen Combined Touring drivers that want to run at the Bathurst 12 Hour next year, but it all comes down to money.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 28 Sep 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2549702)   #104
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have expected Bob Pearson in the Evo X to finish first on the weekend. What prevented him from winning the endurance race? Yeah there are some good steerers in the combined tourers, hope they can organise a seat for the race

Does anyone know the 12 hour plans for the Wilson Brothers, Alan Easts or Eastern Creek Karts (as we haven't seen Barry Morcom race in the AMC this year and talk of Gary Holt selling his 335), also I read somewhere that Gerard Keogh is looking at entering three or possibly four cars, whether they are all HSV R8's, not sure.

Organisers are aiming for 50 entries. You would hope that they get more than that going by last years entries of I think 48.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2549706)   #105
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
I would have expected Bob Pearson in the Evo X to finish first on the weekend. What prevented him from winning the endurance race?
We left early after engine dramas so didint see the enduro, but checking the times Pearsons pit stop was about 30sec slower than most of the others.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 29 Sep 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2550265)   #106
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quick question, is the Mount Vincent Evo X piloted by Steve Glenney in the AMC a Ralliart prepared and run car or is it seperate?
In one interview Steve said they were planning on entering the 12 hour, will this be one of a few Ralliart entered cars or independently entered by Mount Vincent?
Old 29 Sep 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2550335)   #107
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steve Glenney's car is prepared by Alan Heapey's Ralliart team
Old 29 Sep 2009, 12:23 (Ref:2550469)   #108
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quick question, is the Mount Vincent Evo X piloted by Steve Glenney in the AMC a Ralliart prepared and run car or is it seperate?
In one interview Steve said they were planning on entering the 12 hour, will this be one of a few Ralliart entered cars or independently entered by Mount Vincent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Steve Glenney's car is prepared by Alan Heapey's Ralliart team

I think you will find that the Glenney car is an Allan Heaphy TMR built Evo, but the maintenance and preparation is done by the team Steve drives for which is owned by .....?...... (forgot). He owns a winery and it's the sponsor on the car.

I saw them at the Oran Park round of the Manufacturers Challenge, and while it was in the TMR shed, it arrived and left on an open trailer, not in the flash 3 car transporter owned by TMR.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 04:55 (Ref:2550963)   #109
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
I remember interviewing Stokell and Shaw for a story about that. Stokell swore blind he'd never drive a Golf again.

Wasn't it an ABS thing? IIRC Stokell's car didn't stop and crashed HARD into the side of Shaw.

Did you R32's have endless problems and crashes for the season? I'm not really familiar with the Golfs racing.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 05:04 (Ref:2550966)   #110
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:

Did the R32s have endless problems and crashes in the season, I'm not totally familiar with the Golfs racing.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 02:20 (Ref:2551628)   #111
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did the R32s have endless problems and crashes in the season, I'm not totally familiar with the Golfs racing.
They were pretty quick actually. I saw them race a couple of times and quite liked the cars. The VR6 motor sounds fantastic (its a narrow angle 24 valve V6 with a common cylinder head!) and the works Vodafone operation were very slick.

In 2003 Stokell and Stewie McColl qualified on the front row at Phillip Island on the weekend McColl tragically died (crashed backwards)
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...8/2003.PHIL.Q5

2004 featured better results. For the season opener at Clipsal Stokell qualified 12th before taking 7th, 4th and 2nd place results in the races.

Oran: no decent results there...

Sandown: Stokell won a long race 2. Nightclub owner Justin Hemmes was second in an STI.
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2004.SAND.R12

Symmons: Stokell qualified 2nd and won a race.
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...06/2004.WIN.R7

Tim Lehey qualified 2nd in a field of 30 cars at the Creek. Ric Shaw (RX7) dominated the running but the Golfs finished 2nd and 3rd in the final race)
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...7/2004.ARDC.Q2

Wakefield was a DISASTER. Stokell crashed very very hard into Shaw and the car was a write-off. I don't think Paul drove for them again. Shaw was talking aboud re-shelling his car for the B24 but never got the chance.

The R32 also might have been a good thing for the 2004 Bathurst 24hr if Procar hadn't canned it. A real pity that.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2551788)   #112
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplater View Post
Oran: no decent results there...
I recall being at this event, the last "PROCAR" event staged.

Stokell had badly bent his car (the red one) on the Friday or Saturday, so took over the second car (Justin Hemmes did the same thing that meeting, he barrell-rolled his car into a field beyond turn 1 during practice so took over the spare....didn't Oran Park supposedly try and charge him for the sign he went through?)

On sunday he was in the white one, and not doing too badly, but he hit the wall at the final corner in one of the races whilst challenging the leaders, and that was that
Old 3 Oct 2009, 04:02 (Ref:2553027)   #113
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46E0gCF5os

Could this car be an outright contender? Interesting to see the times around the test course.

No doubt it will be quick in a straight line.
Old 3 Oct 2009, 05:10 (Ref:2553032)   #114
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46E0gCF5os

Could this car be an outright contender? Interesting to see the times around the test course.

Brakes could be a problem. Is it entered in the production category or improved production?......it certainly adds interest to the event IMO.
Old 3 Oct 2009, 05:19 (Ref:2553034)   #115
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Brakes could be a problem. Is it entered in the production category or improved production?......it certainly adds interest to the event IMO.
The Mustangs will be entered in the 12 hour production car race in class I for invited cars.

From the B12 hour October Newsletter.

The first entry received for the 2010 Event came from Bathurst local and B12Hr veteran competitor, Matthew Windsor. Matthew recently purchased the car that he campaigned for a couple of years, previously owned by Jim Hunter. Good luck Matthew for the 2010 Event

Rumour Has It.....
Conroy Motorsport is planning to run 3 cars in the 2010 B12Hr - 1 x Evo 10 and the 2 previously campaigned Honda Integra’s.
Also we have heard that Hyundai are planning to run a 130i – with Matthew Brabham – (grandson of Sir Jack).
Marcus Zukanovic is apparently out shopping for a Mustang GT500 for the Invitational Class and long time Mustang importer Craig Dean is looking to run a standard Mustang GT.
Sherrin Motorsport have tested their new BMW 135i, while David Searle takes delivery of his new 135i this month
whilst MINI Challenge driver John Modystach is looking to run in the MINI Challenge Class....
And veteran Bathurst winner Bob Holden is building a Toyota Yaris - 44 years after he first won in a Cooper ‘S’

So, who will be the first to run the new HSV GTS E2? What a car. Check out the size of the brakes!
Keep an eye out for the new FG Ford ute to make its debut in the 12HR in the V8 Ute Class.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2554213)   #116
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like another great event. Better book in my campsite!
Old 14 Oct 2009, 01:13 (Ref:2560918)   #117
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard today that Bob Pearson will again field 3 cars for the 12 Hour.
Also, there have been at least half-a-dozen EOI's from V8 ute teams looking to enter the event. Grant Johnson and the Grove Fruit Juice team are certain starters, as Ford will look to make the world racing debut of the new FG Falcon Ute with Andrew Fisher as one of the drivers.
This event just gets bigger and better every year. I just hope that there are more spectators there next year.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 20 Oct 2009, 02:10 (Ref:2565139)   #118
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
enews has spotted the HSV Tourer testing at Winton with Nathan Pretty, good indication that Holden is entering the car again.

I wonder whether Nissan will enter 370Z's in the 12h next year, they are entering 3 cars in Classic Adelaide, this may be the start of racing again for them.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 04:08 (Ref:2565157)   #119
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they do, they had better take Seaton with them...
Old 20 Oct 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2565194)   #120
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post

Is Boost Limited for these events?

Will they run Standard version or Supersnake Option with 700+ HP...

If they are alowed to throw 3-4 more Pounds at it than factory & if the tuning is done by a Good workshop that knows the ways of the Ford Modular engine it will run some real Hollywood numbers down Conrod.

Topgear is wrong, the GT500 runs a Brembo Brake package that with Decent Pads & Rotors will stand up ok and suspention, well not much of that will be left standard if the team has a budget worth entering with.

Any Rumor as to Co-Drivers?

Stevie Johnson showed some interist last year with the run in the GTP (Way under prepared car when the XR8 was outpacing it)

Maybe they can paint it Green and re-Live the Dj Mustang days on the mountain?

Looking forward to the 12H, if i can get all the ducks in a row i'll be there.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2565648)   #121
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Is it just the Mustang & Camaro that are elligible, what about the Dodge Challenger?
Old 20 Oct 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2565697)   #122
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Is Boost Limited for these events?

Will they run Standard version or Supersnake Option with 700+ HP...

If they are alowed to throw 3-4 more Pounds at it than factory & if the tuning is done by a Good workshop that knows the ways of the Ford Modular engine it will run some real Hollywood numbers down Conrod.

Topgear is wrong, the GT500 runs a Brembo Brake package that with Decent Pads & Rotors will stand up ok and suspention, well not much of that will be left standard if the team has a budget worth entering with.

Any Rumor as to Co-Drivers?

Stevie Johnson showed some interist last year with the run in the GTP (Way under prepared car when the XR8 was outpacing it)

Maybe they can paint it Green and re-Live the Dj Mustang days on the mountain?

Looking forward to the 12H, if i can get all the ducks in a row i'll be there.
It would be better to see the Roush Mustang in action.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2565748)   #123
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
It would be better to see the Roush Mustang in action.
Does it qualify?
Old 21 Oct 2009, 01:46 (Ref:2565887)   #124
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As cool as Mustangs with 700 hp are, and Camaros and Challengers and the like are cool, these cars should not be allowed in the event.

This race is for Australian Production cars. Importing muscle cars just for 'show' and/or to stop the best Australian available production car winning (the Evo10) is the first step in destroying the of the very fabric of the event.

It will end up turning into some hotch-botch Nations cup, with no clear direction and a lot of wasted money.

There isnt anything wrong with the rules as they are now, save for the fact that the EVO is a very very good car that is difficult to beat.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2565890)   #125
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
EVO will still beat any Mustang etc anyway, but I am sure the muscle cars would be popular with the crowd & I am sure the event needs an injection of spectators.