Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Oct 2007, 07:45 (Ref:2053044)   #1026
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon, smart marshals clear everything up after an incident, but don't expect to find too many of them overthere.
Track staff couldn't care less what's behind the armco, that is related to work.

Terry, for goodness sake, don't give them another good idea.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2053362)   #1027
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Gordon, smart marshals clear everything up after an incident, but don't expect to find too many of them overthere.
Track staff couldn't care less what's behind the armco, that is related to work.

Terry, for goodness sake, don't give them another good idea.
They seem to thrive on them Eddy,trying to think of something they wont follow up!
Old 28 Oct 2007, 19:06 (Ref:2053531)   #1028
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Gordon,It,s a wonder that the circuit owners everywhere don,t have an end of season "Tool" sale,let alone the spare nuts and bolts lying around!
About 12 years ago I was at Castle Combe and during the lunch break after breakfast a marshall came and found me in the paddock and presented me with a ring spanner which he was absolutely admamant fell from my car...trying to deny it was useless, as he was 100% sure it was mine ( despite it being a different and far superior make to anything in my toolbox) ...anyway as it was a very nice Snap On one, I kept it, and still have it. Perhaps there should be a "spanner amnesty" ...anyone lose one?!
Old 28 Oct 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2053535)   #1029
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've lost my bonnet stay. It was there when I shut the bonnet (hood). But its not there now!
Old 28 Oct 2007, 19:42 (Ref:2053558)   #1030
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I lost me front spoiler earlier in the season but I think it had something to do with taking a trip into the Silverstone litter! :-(
Old 28 Oct 2007, 20:25 (Ref:2053584)   #1031
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmm, maybe time to start a thread "Lost and found"?
Old 28 Oct 2007, 21:03 (Ref:2053605)   #1032
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossCerbera
Didn't do it flat in the Healey although Gracee and I reckon we might be able to with a perfect line.
It can be done
Old 28 Oct 2007, 21:10 (Ref:2053608)   #1033
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
What sort of cars, historic or modern or a mix? I could be up for it and know of a couple of people who may be interested but we have historic an replicas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
I'd be a starter for NZ!
Historic cars and replicas. The relaxed attitude to regulations and the fact that the Paris HQ is at least 12,000 kms away means that you can run pretty much what you like. My idea is to run a race that all can attend and have some fun. I firmly believe that pre65 should run as in period, on period tyres and that cheats in historic motor sport should be strung up by their sack. However, a race in NZ would be a different matter and treated as a holiday for the UK racers.

I'd need about 30 to come over if I was to put on a race (or two) solely for those coming over, or I could organise a combined race with a current NZ series. Your thoughts. I'd be happy to start another thread so we don't hijack this one.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 21:21 (Ref:2053615)   #1034
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Maybe John could divert these posts off into another thread then.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 21:27 (Ref:2053619)   #1035
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, what should we all it?
Old 28 Oct 2007, 21:31 (Ref:2053621)   #1036
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
"Do you want to race in NZ" maybe?
Old 28 Oct 2007, 21:48 (Ref:2053627)   #1037
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
"Do you want to race in NZ" maybe?
How about "Historic Race in NZ 2009?"
Old 29 Oct 2007, 06:39 (Ref:2053795)   #1038
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re lost & found, I went with a driver once to the marshall's post near where his clutch blew up upon grabbing second gear, and from the pieces of metal they had swept up he retrieved the clutch fork & a few ears from the engine block that the bellhousing bolt to - the remaining kilo or two of bellhousing was left in the bin!

Slippy diff - perhaps timing that would allow continuation on to Philip Island on March 7-9?
Old 29 Oct 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2053820)   #1039
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It,s all a bit like trailer number plates,they were all there before we left,thing,s that drop off during a race like bonnet stay,s,boot hinges----
Old 30 Oct 2007, 09:47 (Ref:2054695)   #1040
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Gordon,many thank,s for the DVD,it,s better than some of the official tapes I bought years ago.Now lot,s of people can witness exactly what a hooligan Esper is,how Falcie drives,and how much of a struggle Peter has getting out of an MGB .Oh,and the amount of brake used by a certain Cortina for Eau Rouge.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 09:51 (Ref:2054703)   #1041
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It fits like a glove. Should fit like a car but maybe by next year it will!
Old 30 Oct 2007, 09:55 (Ref:2054708)   #1042
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
It fits like a glove. Should fit like a car but maybe by next year it will!
Finger,s !! After looking at the various photograph,s ,I decided to remove and check the front spring rate,s, 423lb!!,Bit different to what they should be methinks.One new pair on order,that should stop the front shockers from "going off" through working too hard.Next year Peter,we dont have to worry about the Hotel,and you wont need to fight the cars cornering habbits.Hows the Capri?

Last edited by terence; 30 Oct 2007 at 10:02.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 11:06 (Ref:2054773)   #1043
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
.Now lot,s of people can witness exactly what a hooligan Esper is,
So some people might say my britishness is improving. I stick to liking old britsh things thats enough!!!!!!!
Old 30 Oct 2007, 11:11 (Ref:2054780)   #1044
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
So some people might say my britishness is improving. I stick to liking old britsh things thats enough!!!!!!!

Like your style Esper
Old 30 Oct 2007, 14:10 (Ref:2054955)   #1045
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Like your style Esper
during or after (5) six hours??
Old 30 Oct 2007, 14:25 (Ref:2054960)   #1046
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
during or after (5) six hours??

Just the "Britishness",but dont go overboard with it!
Old 30 Oct 2007, 14:37 (Ref:2054966)   #1047
honkit
Rookie

honkit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pictures

Just found this amazing resource of pics from the Spa weekend. This guy is good, very good!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ian-alexander/tags/spa/
Old 30 Oct 2007, 14:51 (Ref:2054973)   #1048
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Apparently there is some in-car footage of Barry SS in a Healey,but I,ve no idea where it is ,Anyone?
Old 30 Oct 2007, 19:40 (Ref:2055282)   #1049
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Apparently there is some in-car footage of Barry SS in a Healey,but I,ve no idea where it is ,Anyone?
that must have been pre 1970
Old 30 Oct 2007, 20:35 (Ref:2055339)   #1050
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
that must have been pre 1970

Just wait untill I see him!!

Check your PMs Esper.