Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Feb 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2130706)   #401
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Quinn should take advantage of the marketing opportunity that presents itself.. and become a personal sponsor of Mr Winterbottom

Then, when people refer to the driver as "Frosty", he can correct them and call himself "Frosty Paws"

Kinda like Peter "NGK" Janson but a bit more '90's
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Feb 2008, 22:14 (Ref:2131271)   #402
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It should be great next year with the Evo X, STI hatch & BMW 135i. It is a shame there is not more variety in the hot hatch class..no Renault, Focus XR5, Golf GTI, Astra Turbo etc.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 23:56 (Ref:2131432)   #403
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
overall i think channel 7 have done a good job with the telecast.

It would have been good to hear from a few of the other winner like GTR said, as well as some of the front guys after qualifying, as interesting as it is to hear from 12th i wanted to hear from 1st

Did anyone else feel that the driver (name escapes me) of the interga with the bear was being a little bit reckless? after all he ran off the track at 1 point whilst playing with the bear

And honestly that was some of the most exciting racing i have seen in quite a while right from the start there was plenty of overtaking and some GREAT radio calls ( i don't think Mr denyer was to happy with his crew). It will be great to see the event next year if they can build up from where it was this year. I know that there is already a 135i in the plans with some very handy drivers organizing it
Old 18 Feb 2008, 00:05 (Ref:2131453)   #404
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS500
It will be great to see the event next year if they can build up from where it was this year. I know that there is already a 135i in the plans with some very handy drivers organizing it
I think this year was fairly crucial in terms of ensuring the event has a healthy future. And the feeling you get is that there are a lot of people that want the B12hr to succeed.

The event ticked the boxes, a good competitive field, good television coverage for all that competed - a friendly supportive atmosphere.

The organisers of the 12hr have provided competitors and manufacturers an endurance event where they can race around Bathurst in affordable cars. The majority of cars that turned up the first year returned this year which is a good sign, and once potential competitors and manufacturers start to see, that the event is there for the long haul, more people will be willing to spend the money to compete.

I think almost all that attended the event walked away feeling good about how the event was managed, and that bodes well for the future of B12hr.

Whilst I am sure that the B12 Crowd will grow over the coming years, it is fair to say the event will probably never attract massive crowds. However, manufacturers marketing departments can get excellent milage from an outright or class Bathurst win - the television highlights package therefore is very important.

Last edited by 6.213km; 18 Feb 2008 at 00:08.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2140012)   #405
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did the 2 lead cars cheat on tyres my reading of thr advertisements in the natioanlal press leads me to think that Marion Jones is an angel
Circa if you cheat you hand back the medals
What say you Mitsubishi
Old 28 Feb 2008, 12:05 (Ref:2140057)   #406
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw myself hard at with the blue flag on TV....
Old 9 Mar 2008, 02:25 (Ref:2147230)   #407
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the 12 hour coverage on Fox Sports last night and saw Paul Morris get out of the BMW with no HANS device in sight. Now I have spent plenty of time questioning Paul’s mental capacity lately but why would a full time professional who obviously owns such a useful safety tool and possible life saver choose not to wear one? More importantly how can he get away with not wearing one? Plenty of other drivers are using them and we all remember the dramatic roll over of the Mazda so to me its just craziness for any driver to make such a choice.
Speaking of the Mazda just having another look at the roll to, did that car have a window net fitted, from what I can see I could not pick one up and they even highlighted his arm being out of the car during the roll! The roll cage in the car was obviously up to the job and very well put together but is enough being done safety wise for this event?
I don’t want to point the finger at anyone, I am just genuinely surprised at what I am seeing and given the unfortunate events of the past month it is something I am more aware of than ever.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2147257)   #408
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminee
Just watched the 12 hour coverage on Fox Sports last night and saw Paul Morris get out of the BMW with no HANS device in sight. Now I have spent plenty of time questioning Paul’s mental capacity lately but why would a full time professional who obviously owns such a useful safety tool and possible life saver choose not to wear one? More importantly how can he get away with not wearing one? Plenty of other drivers are using them and we all remember the dramatic roll over of the Mazda so to me its just craziness for any driver to make such a choice.
Speaking of the Mazda just having another look at the roll to, did that car have a window net fitted, from what I can see I could not pick one up and they even highlighted his arm being out of the car during the roll! The roll cage in the car was obviously up to the job and very well put together but is enough being done safety wise for this event?
I don’t want to point the finger at anyone, I am just genuinely surprised at what I am seeing and given the unfortunate events of the past month it is something I am more aware of than ever.
Maybe it didn't fit
Old 9 Mar 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2147381)   #409
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think the window net was fitted to the door, which parted company early on in the accident. Another reason that they should be fitted to the roll cage, not the door.

GTB, did you mean the HANS didnt fit?
Old 9 Mar 2008, 09:43 (Ref:2147382)   #410
KineticEnergy
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
KineticEnergy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I recall comment being made on the coverage that when the door cavity deformed during the rollover, the window net became detached from its anchor points.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2147471)   #411
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HANS Device is not compulsory unless mandated by the category (e.g. V8Supercars). You can race an F3 at National level without one.

Every car at the 12 Hour had a window net, it's compulsory in just about all enclosed racing cars (I think Historics *may* be exempt).
Old 10 Mar 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2148056)   #412
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
it's compulsory in just about all enclosed racing cars (I think Historics *may* be exempt).
Correct but only at a Historic race meeting, Group N at a state event still need window nets. Or a roadster car that has a soft top on can also get away with it as its classed as a convertible.

I wish there was more info going about this event, I was going to head up but with the lack of info i thought stuff it.