Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 Mar 2012, 07:15 (Ref:3038180)   #1
Markopolo
Rookie

Markopolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 1971

Hello,

totally new here and directly with a good question. (i hope i'm at the right place here?)

I'm searching for photo's from the Le Mans 1971 and then specific from the three Martini International Racing Team Porsche's (Numbers #21, #22 and #23) in the paddock, so with the truck(s), car(s), people, ect. arround it, i hope that somebody has some old picture from it.

Kind regards,
Mark
Old 11 Mar 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3038204)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have you already searched the net for photos?

Many of us who use the Le Mans subforum (of the Sportscar/GT forum) have been going to Le Mans for many years, but I suspect there are few who were snapping at Le Mans 41 years ago! You never know your luck though! It may be worth a mod moving this to the Le Mans sub-forum - for a while at least?
Old 11 Mar 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3038226)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
Hello,

totally new here and directly with a good question. (i hope i'm at the right place here?)

I'm searching for photo's from the Le Mans 1971 and then specific from the three Martini International Racing Team Porsche's (Numbers #21, #22 and #23) in the paddock, so with the truck(s), car(s), people, ect. arround it, i hope that somebody has some old picture from it.

Kind regards,
Mark
You will find photo's at this link with their original sources.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...971-06-13.html
Old 11 Mar 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3038246)   #4
Markopolo
Rookie

Markopolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, i already did a search on the net, but not all pictures wil pop-up because sometimes men will name there pictures very different then "Le Mans 1971" or "Martini 1971" or something like that, so thats why i put down this question here.
I want to make a diorama from the cars and with the few picture's i have i already noticed that the Mercedes transporter i have isn't the good one (or maybe it is, but is't standing beside the other one??), so that's why i'm hoping somebody can profide me more or better pictures.

@wolfhound, yes i already used the links at this site, but there not from the paddock.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3038322)   #5
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, this forum is a little "precious" about references and links to other forums so I can't provide a link to The long thread that invokes Nostalgia about paddock scenes on another Forum titled 'Personal photos from the paddock' . This includes photos comparable to some in Autosport.

You might try asking the same question there. (If you explain why you are asking you will be more likely to get a response).

Last edited by D-Type; 11 Mar 2012 at 14:47.

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3038761)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
Unfortunately, this forum is a little "precious" about references and links to other forums so I can't provide a link to The long thread that invokes Nostalgia about paddock scenes on another Forum titled 'Personal photos from the paddock' . This includes photos comparable to some in Autosport.

You might try asking the same question there. (If you explain why you are asking you will be more likely to get a response).
That's not strictly true D-Type, but we don't like blatant self publicism or advertising unless someone coughs up for it!!

I like you suggestion about the info the poster is after though.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3045371)   #7
Alfie72
Rookie

United Kingdom
Buckingham
Alfie72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Have you already searched the net for photos?

Many of us who use the Le Mans subforum (of the Sportscar/GT forum) have been going to Le Mans for many years, but I suspect there are few who were snapping at Le Mans 41 years ago! You never know your luck though! It may be worth a mod moving this to the Le Mans sub-forum - for a while at least?
Aysedasi - you're right. I didn't start snapping until 1972!! So I don't have any pictures that might help the OP.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3046051)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.lemans-history.com/index2.php

This is quite a useful site. Go to 1971 and you will find photos of each car, in some cases multiple images.

I hope the link does not infringe the forum policy as its not a commercial site.