Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 Mar 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1534798)   #26
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I usually shop around first but I've been with D/line for a few years now,they usually come back with the lowest quote
Old 2 Mar 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1534801)   #27
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's what I've done, and Direct Line won by far (we're talking £400 plus....!!!)
Old 3 Mar 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1535584)   #28
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
I've had three claims through Direct Line (2 other parties fault and one that had to go down to me due to the idiot pedestrian having run away), and I can honestly say they were as hassle free as you could hope. As a result, I'd have to be very convinced before I'd move away. This year I've added a hire car option for £15, and got £35 discount because we've got both cars with them.

Did you hit a lamp post chasing the pedestrian????

You'll have to explain sunday
Old 5 Mar 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1536921)   #29
Tanky
Rookie

Tanky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy GP610
The use of a courtesy car is included in the premium i quoted ........and they deliver and collect it........but i'll double check if you still think it's not right.

as a vehicle repairer (but now pushing timber and dealing direct with insurance companies) at a direct line aprooved bodyshop, ive never been obliged to give a loan car to a direct line policy holder.

Of course it may be different for other jurisdictions (to eliminate the possibility of me being completely wrong!) but this is my experiance so far...

Happy days...
Old 26 Mar 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1561409)   #30
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norwich Union quoted me very poorly last month, it was time for my renewel with them, (i had been with them for two years swapping from Churchill) and they put my premium up by 60 quid, despite another years no claims (6), so i used Confused.com and found plenty of better quotes, in the end though i went direct to the Chruchill website and got an online quote. A huge saving of nearly 200 quid, only difference is i have paid the premium in full, instead of previous monthly instalments.

I must also say i am not a fan of NUD, the call centre is pathetic, and without upsetting anyone i could never understand a word those people were saying, its an British company they should have british based call centres, not some place in India.

No doubt in a couple of years Churchill will no longer be my cheapest, so it will be time to move on again.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1561613)   #31
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Confused.com is interesting to compare things, but I found you could always get cheaper quotes by going to somewhere like Direct Line...up to £400 at times.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1562361)   #32
daz90
Racer

England
England
Its always cheaper to go direct to an insurance company on the net, use search engines like Confused . com to get an idea, then go direct.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1714567)   #33
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandslammer
I usually shop around first but I've been with D/line for a few years now,they usually come back with the lowest quote
...until this year that is

...I've been with Direct Line for the last 5 years.
Had my renewal notice through the other day,which I thought was a tad on the highside.
Did a search on www.confused.com and with a couple of minor 'tweaks',have managed to save myself about 80 quid (still keeping NCD protection as well ).
....and I thought Direct were the dogs...?
Old 20 Sep 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1714577)   #34
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NU tried to charge me a stoopidly high renewal (presumably a lot of people never bother to check other deals when it comes to renewal time). They dropped the cost when I phoned to complain, but not enough (in fact it was still £100 higher than an on-line quote that I subsequently received from them - muppets).

Now with the AA. not quite the cheapest, but lowest excess by far and added benefits makes it the best deal.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 16:19 (Ref:1734237)   #35
LotusElise
Rookie

England
LotusElise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be shopping around for new insurance soon.
I was with NU last year and got involved in a nasty accident with an uninsured driver. Their customer service was dreadful - the call centre staff were patronising, rude and dismissive and they still owe me some money. Their latest tactic has been to pretend that they have stopped my no-claims when the accident wasn't my fault, to try and extort £1600 out of me for next year, more than 3 times my 2005 premium.
I'm still waiting for the confirmation that this was a "mistake".
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1734284)   #36
daz90
Racer

England
England
To be fair alot of insurance companys are shocking people when it comes to getting money from them, they no longer care and dont offer customer care like they do when your getting a quote.

Churchill were the same with me when i had an accident 4 years ago, i had to chase them up all the time and each time they were dismissive and awkard. So i jumped ship to Norwich Union the following year, i had no contact with them and no need to claim or anything like that, but i cant stand their call centers, can never understand a word their Indian workers are talking about.

Last year i went back with Churchill, the only reason for that was the price they offered, i could not beat it, Norwich union were 150 quid dearer, and 50 dearer than the year before with them.

I shall shop around on the net again this year too, full no claims so should be able to beat last years quote with someone.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1734489)   #37
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Recommend www.confused.com for search purposes.
Certainly saved myself some money
Old 10 Oct 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1734506)   #38
daz90
Racer

England
England
Yes use them, and then go direct to their cheapest option, and save some more. Confused.com add a bit of any quote as there fee.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1737602)   #39
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusElise
Their latest tactic has been to pretend that they have stopped my no-claims when the accident wasn't my fault, I'm still waiting for the confirmation that this was a "mistake".
They don't have to 'pretend', and it's not a mistake. If they can't recover their outlay for your accident from the other party, or there is no reciprocal Knock for Knock agreement with the other party's insurers, you lose some of your bonus. Since the other driver was uninsured, neither of those scenarios are likely to take place here. Remember it is a No Claim bonus (or discount), not a No Blame bonus. You can protect yourself to a certain extent if the policy you have has the NCD protection addition that some policies carry, although often at extra cost. Even then, there is a limit to the number of accidents you can claim for before you lose some of the bonus.

It's a pity the service was so poor though. Insurers pay a lot of lip service to 'customer care' and usually have bespoke complaints departments to address any issures. Might be worth a letter of complaint.

Last edited by John Turner; 14 Oct 2006 at 08:42.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1737862)   #40
daz90
Racer

England
England
I bought a new car today, and had to ring my insurance company up to change the details over. I am currently with Churchill and i have to say that apart from the time it took for them to answer (i listened to the dodgy music for five minutes) they have improved greatly since my prevoius dislike for them.

Good and coherrent people, who dont rush through the details and make it easy for you to understand. However they did try selling me there breakdown cover, which i didnt take.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1738023)   #41
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For my 21st I got a private reg for my car, so I put it on and received the docs from the DVLA on 2nd September. So stuck them on and phoned my insurers. All done. 2 weeks and I still hadn't received any confirmation by post. So phoned them up and they didn't explicity say, but I presumed they didn't have the reg changed!

So I confirmed the registration using the phonetic alphabet TWICE with the insurers, and a week later I get a letter through with the wrong reg on it!

The company was Endsleigh and I am seriously worried about their organisational skills sometime. There was the time my car was in for a service and I had to insure the courtesy car. Yes sir we will change the cover for today only to the courtesy car. I got a letter through and the courtesy car had been insured for 2 days, and my actual car hadn't! I just thank my lucky stars nothing happened on those days to me..
Old 18 Oct 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1740962)   #42
Suze
Veteran

England
Recently insured my car for Sam and I with Norwich Union, fully comp, and was the best we found.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1754822)   #43
LotusElise
Rookie

England
LotusElise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The no-claims bonus has now been restored. They originally told me that that my no-claims was not affected by the accident, which is why I was so angry they tried to con me.
I also got my excess back after almost a year - that's another story though.
Now this has been sorted. I have also changed my insurer!