Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2023462)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andrew Jordan in 08

http://www.teameurotech.com//news.ht...bY=2007&bT=160

Quote:
In the biggest story of the 50th anniversary season of the BTCC, the father and son team will race a pair of Honda Integras for Lichfield-based Team Eurotech, with backing from John Guest and Pirtek. The team will run the two Integras in matching livery, with the ex-Gordon Shedden 2006 car having recently been acquired from Team Halfords.
I've got a feeling Andrew will be quicker than Mike.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:53 (Ref:2023491)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't realise he was still that young! I've got a feeling there'll be a lot of good things from this team next year.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 12:52 (Ref:2023530)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Andrew is certainly no mug and has already proved he can handle the step up in power (jumping from a 1 litre junior minicross car into the 500+bhp supercar Focus). He should also be used to the 'door handling' as he's traded paint in rallycross and let's face it - if you can survive Clios without too much damage then you're doing well! It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 15:04 (Ref:2023647)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I always suspected that this might happen. Should be a good team, will it be the BTCC's first father-and-son duo?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 15:46 (Ref:2023676)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
I always suspected that this might happen. Should be a good team, will it be the BTCC's first father-and-son duo?
Quite probably.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2023765)   #6
scoop
Rookie

scoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We think this is the first time a father and son have raced in a two-car BTCC team, but there is always a chance that someone will come along and prove us wrong....

Certainly, quite a few other fathers and sons have raced in BTCC, but not at the same time.

One or two that come instantly to mind are Jack and David Sears and Chris and Stefan Hodgetts. There must a few others!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2023777)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Steve and Matt Neal too ?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 18:58 (Ref:2023780)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did Malcolm Leggate ever race in the BTCC? Slight diversion from the existing names mentioned.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 13:38 (Ref:2024398)   #9
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Did Malcolm Leggate ever race in the BTCC? Slight diversion from the existing names mentioned.
According to Fiona's website, yes:

Motorsport has always been in my blood brought up on the smell of race fuel and the sound of engines, weekends were spent with my father (Malcolm Leggate) during his 19 year's in Saloon Car Racing. Malcolm's success saw him compete in the British Touring Car Championship, which is the highest level of motorsport in the UK. A bond was formed from an early age between me and all things’ quick, this had a big influence me and entering motorsport soon became my ultimate goal.

http://www.fionaleggate.co.uk/profile.shtml

Before my time, but the name rings a vague bell as driving Minis in the 70's. Anyone able to add more?

Another father and son combination, although only for occasional appearances: Jimmy (a few outings in a BMW M3, 1990 or 91 season) and Colin McRae (Prodrive BMW, Knockhill 92)
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:24 (Ref:2025284)   #10
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this would be interesting-both of them don't want to cause serious damage to the cars while racing but both would want to prove who is best-this would be great to watch!
Old 28 Sep 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2025372)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the only thing that will let them down is aging, albeit seemingly still competitive, kit - I hope they get their hands on some nice new Lacettis or something for 09 or sooner.

If he's as good as they say he is, he's got to be a man to watch out for in the future for titles. After seeing what his dad work wonders in the Integra I can't help thinking we have a potential race winner on our hands next year. Mark my words - race win or pole at Thruxton for Andy Jordan next year.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 23:45 (Ref:2025454)   #12
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going to presume then that somewhere along the way it's been confirmed that BTCC spec cars can still compete in 2008 - presumably to the same 'if they start to win, they'll get heavier' flexi-ruling.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 09:20 (Ref:2025581)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Alan Gow comments in the original announcement about BTC-T cars - "We will also permit any current BTC-spec cars to continue in the championship for 2007 and 2008, and possibly 2009. These can only be run by independent teams and with certain technical restrictions – meaning they won’t be able to challenge for outright wins or outright championship honours."

There is provision to increase the base weight of BTC-T next year, although excluding Mike Jordan there hasn't been anyone who has come close to beating the S2000 cars so I would expect the weight to remain unchanged.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 22:25 (Ref:2034437)   #14
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Andrew keep on in Rallycross at the same time though? He's managed it with Clios, but BTCC is a whole new ball game.

If not, shame, he's fantastic!
Old 8 Oct 2007, 08:33 (Ref:2034727)   #15
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Alan Gow comments in the original announcement about BTC-T cars - "We will also permit any current BTC-spec cars to continue in the championship for 2007 and 2008, and possibly 2009. These can only be run by independent teams and with certain technical restrictions – meaning they won’t be able to challenge for outright wins or outright championship honours."

There is provision to increase the base weight of BTC-T next year, although excluding Mike Jordan there hasn't been anyone who has come close to beating the S2000 cars so I would expect the weight to remain unchanged.
Especcially since we can expect 2008-S2000cars to be a little bit quiker than 2007-spec cars. , while the old BTC-cars probably won't evolve anymore.