Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3425478)   #1
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin Festival - 28 (Indy) & 29 (GP) Jun 2014 - Brands Hatch

timetable

see folks there - both short and long circuit in the same weekend
Old 23 Jun 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3425505)   #2
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for my annual trip to Brands, first time for a full weekend too.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3425543)   #3
nikemikerules
Rookie

United Kingdom
paddock wood
nikemikerules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i shall be there on the sunday
Old 26 Jun 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3426866)   #4
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday for me
Old 30 Jun 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3428672)   #5
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to the team on P6 Saturday and P14 Sunday for their company, humour and work.

Thanks also to the organisers for a great weekend and to the drivers for some great cars and entertaining racing - well except for one of the races on Saturday .

Seeing the pre-war folks was as usual a pleasure and some great driving from them despite what were pretty awful conditions.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 07:28 (Ref:3428891)   #6
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the racing was indeed excellent, helped of course by the ever-excellent John Hindlaugh and Joe Bradley commentating! I bet Patrick Blakeney-Edwards was glad he had a roof for the pre-war race...
Old 1 Jul 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3428922)   #7
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
my take home message - time to replace safety cars with code 60 -

Even gentlemen drivers keep up to racing speed behind the safety car - saturday when the SC period coincided with the first allowable pitstop was their first transgression.

This led to a safety car that had nothing behind it after 2 laps...& the 2nd driver coming out the pitlane as fast as possible to be met with the incident on the exit of turn 1 & competitors further back going past the incident at almost unabated speed to catch up.

Sunday again saw some seriously poor driving during a safety car period in the challenging conditions of the last race (which alone should have made them slow down) Going past the incident some nearly added to it and that was after they had all been past at least once.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3428991)   #8
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post

Even gentlemen drivers keep up to racing speed behind the safety car - saturday when the SC period coincided with the first allowable pitstop was their first transgression.

This led to a safety car that had nothing behind it after 2 laps...& the 2nd driver coming out the pitlane as fast as possible to be met with the incident on the exit of turn 1 & competitors further back going past the incident at almost unabated speed to catch up.

Sunday again saw some seriously poor driving during a safety car period in the challenging conditions of the last race (which alone should have made them slow down) Going past the incident some nearly added to it and that was after they had all been past at least once.
I was there as a spectator on Sunday and quite agree with you!
Old 1 Jul 2014, 16:35 (Ref:3429092)   #9
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post

Absolutely. The use of SC does little (or nothing) to either assist marshal safety or speed incident resolution time in most cases. It can also actually make things more dangerous particularly when considerably slower back markers are stuck within the train at a restart.