Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 2011, 23:01 (Ref:2991412)   #726
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
A better picture, taken later in the afternoon, with the sun behind me, instead of rising behind "The Shard"
"The Shard" as of Wednesday 23rd November.
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0979.jpeg  
Old 26 Nov 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2991435)   #727
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Business as Usual . . .

Quote:
"The Shard" as of Wednesday 23rd November.
I hope they get it closed in before the `snow flies'.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2991720)   #728
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
I hope they get it closed in before the `snow flies'.
They should do, just about. I'm a bit concerned for the window cleaner though!
Old 13 Jan 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3010974)   #729
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Game Time

Instructions on opening screen. Read before advancing.

Try not to spend all day on this.

http://www.bassfiles.net/parachute.swf

PS: Don't forget to OPEN THE CHUTE!!! Watch the flag for wind direction!

Old 23 Jan 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3015540)   #730
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
http://www.willpearson.co.uk/virtual...shard-360-dusk.

Put your arrow on the picture, click and hold and see spin round the whole of London. You can zoom in if you have a roller or a ball on your mouse.

Just in front of the "Millenium" footbridge, over the Thames, to the West (left), on the nearside bank, you will see the ring of the roof of Shakespeare's Globe theatre. The only thatched roof in London. That's where I am at present, doing a nightshift.

Last edited by White flag man; 23 Jan 2012 at 03:41.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3015640)   #731
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Amazing!

Quote:

Put your arrow on the picture, click and hold and see spin round the whole of London. You can zoom in if you have a roller or a ball on your mouse.

Just in front of the "Millenium" footbridge, over the Thames, to the West (left), on the nearside bank, you will see the ring of the roof of Shakespeare's Globe theatre. The only thatched roof in London. That's where I am at present, doing a nightshift.
Quite good. One must also use the right sidebar in order to drag the image up so the explanatory text is available.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3038581)   #732
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Just checked this out and very cool. I went to the link prior to reading your post and knew the Globe was somewhere near but couldn't find it. It was one of the few places I got to visit when I was there. Had a couple pints, some chips and some Shakespeare on the Thames. Nothing says "London" more than that, to me.

Thanks for posting.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3045676)   #733
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Just checked this out and very cool. I went to the link prior to reading your post and knew the Globe was somewhere near but couldn't find it. It was one of the few places I got to visit when I was there. Had a couple pints, some chips and some Shakespeare on the Thames. Nothing says "London" more than that, to me.

Thanks for posting.
Which they had used it for the fencing during the Olympics, it would have been stunning.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 02:07 (Ref:3053243)   #734
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Talking of Olympics. here some photos of the London Olympic Stadium, taken on April 1st at a charity event.
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0982.jpg   CIMG0985.jpeg   CIMG0989.jpeg  

CIMG0990.jpg   CIMG0992.jpeg  
Old 14 Apr 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3059008)   #735
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Something Completely Different

Pictures from a Russian automobile show.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3061216)   #736
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Photography

Another 360° panorama. You know, scroll up/down to zoom in/out, mouse left/rightup/down to pan.

Have a look at this old wooden Church in Southwest Poland. I even saw a telescope/stars painted in one area of the upper interior.

May take a few moments to load completely.

http://www.dsu.swidnica.pl/spacery_w...e/kpg/kps.html
Old 24 Apr 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3065197)   #737
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Game Time

For those days when the rain is really coming down … .
Old 28 Apr 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3066385)   #738
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Fast service

Ferrari builds a TRAIN.
Old 5 May 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3070059)   #739
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Photography

Pictures of NYC (mostly lower Manhattan)

These photos are breathtaking... image #1 may or may not load.
Old 6 May 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3070215)   #740
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Several 360 Degree panos of Downtown Toronto from the air

http://www.airpano.com/360Degree-Vir...Toronto-Canada
Old 7 May 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3070619)   #741
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Aviation & Space

At the end of March a Polish team out in the Western Desert came across a P40 aircraft which had apparently made a forced landing, in which the undercarriage collapsed. The aircraft identity has yet to be confirmed, but is believed to be from 260 Squadron RAF & its location suggests was lost around the time of the battle of El Alamein. Until the planes identity is confirmed, the pilot's fate remains unknown, altho an unused parachute pack was found alongside the wreck, very strongly suggesting he at least walked away from the crash. The Egyptian authorities have been informed & the Egyptian Army visited the site & removed the ammunition from the guns. It's hoped the aircraft will be preserved & recovered, but nothing concrete has yet been made public. Fingers crossed it finds its way in one piece to the El Alamein museum, near Alexandria!

Embedded video HERE and still pix HERE.

Old 7 May 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3070857)   #742
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting story - the pictures link does not work, are there additional pictures other than in the first link?
Old 7 May 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3070897)   #743
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
A reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Interesting story - the pictures link does not work, are there additional pictures other than in the first link?
The link has gone into the `vapors'. Should it retun to this galaxy I will re-post it.
Old 9 May 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3071801)   #744
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
A reply

Quote:
The link has gone into the `vapors'. Should it retun to this galaxy I will re-post it.
Link is back `live'.
Old 28 May 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3080701)   #745
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Photography

34 photographs of the American West, made between 1867 and 1876 (almost `the beginning of recorded time').

Scenery is breathtaking, even in B & W.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3091555)   #746
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Link is back `live'.
Sadly, the video seems to have been removed.

Very interesting story though.
Old 28 Jul 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3112951)   #747
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Something Completely Different

Ever see a clock like THIS. .
Old 21 Oct 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3155419)   #748
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Aviation & Space

Possibly the first `JUMBO'?
Old 22 Jan 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3192493)   #749
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
History, again . . .

On your next trip thru Germany, plan on stopping HERE for a day or two. , very
Old 25 May 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3253102)   #750
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Automobile Antics

Anybody ever hear about Ken Imhoff of Oxford (England) and his D.I.Y. Lambo?