Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 2011, 20:07 (Ref:3005661)   #1001
GizzFan
Rookie

GizzFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;3005645
Anybody Actually asked Toyota NZ hq and got a official response?
This thread is turning TRS every day.
Actually you are correct, so I do have some V8ST snippet's that come from very close to the person concerned, and likes cheeseburgers! The Gizzkid has done a deal to run in the Enduro's 100%, just wont say with which team, but, nod nod deal done apparently. Bloooody fantastic news.

Johny Mac is supposed to be doing some sort of media deal next week, because they are all working over the hol's to get the second car ready, and signwritten,
Frosty for sure as they are good mates, and JM is now a FPR man.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 02:55 (Ref:3005759)   #1002
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
*sigh*

Gizzfan. Can you please back up the claims you make.
So far in this thread you have made many outlandish claims and name dropped various people with things that are simply not true.

Last edited by Woolley; 31 Dec 2011 at 12:55. Reason: Last bit going a bit too far.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 09:27 (Ref:3005788)   #1003
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let see if th Gizzfans comments come true?
Should know within 14 days.
Watch this space.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 11:28 (Ref:3005817)   #1004
mememe
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
mememe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giz would be a good partner for Bairdo in the enduros, both aggressive drivers.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 06:23 (Ref:3007006)   #1005
EZY PEEL
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, NZ in my PIMPED F150
EZY PEEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
But it's not really a Scholarship, which is a grant or payment.

To quote Mr Petch "Appreciate your support for our Series, just wanted to clarify that we are not offering a $50,000 grant as such.

What we are offering is 5 different V8Challange Cup competitors the chance to test drive the V8ST prototype on each of the 5 race day's, and the winner of the scholarship, 2 days of driver tuition, in our prototype V8ST with Greg Murphy.

We value that to be worth at least $50,000."
So it is actually a $10,000 test drive as it will be a different driver each round.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3007042)   #1006
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm not sure it's as clear-cut as that EP. You should deduct whatever you feel a two day test with driver-coaching from Murph is worth, THEN divide by five. Because the two day test is the big prize.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3007337)   #1007
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the concept of it, hopefully some young guys get a drive in it and maybe sway someone into an Enduro drive? NZV8's wouldn't be silly to do the same thing with their car, entice some young guys to try and get the money to buy one by giving them a drive, let them do some hot laps over the weekend instead of Tulloch, Proctor etc.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3007415)   #1008
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Agreed, it is a good concept. But more than that, I believe they have changed the spec from the current NZV8 one, by reducing the revs (and a few other things) in an effort to reduce the loadings through the car and hopefully make them cheaper to run. The exact opposite of what MSNZ have done by adding revs and a new carburetor option, which ultimately means more cost. And I have to wonder why?
Old 8 Jan 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3008848)   #1009
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taken from the Facebook page

Quote:
SELL OUT

V8 SuperTourers sells all first year franchises

The huge interest from existing and potential motorsport teams in the brand new V8 SuperTourer series reached new heights this week with the news that the championship organisers have sold out of Season One franchises and reached their target of 20 cars.

The sixteen cars now in the country will be joined by a further four cars purchased by Kiwi Indycar icon Steve Horne, New Zealand team owner Colin McLennan and former notable New Zealand racer Bill Farmer. The twentieth car has been provisionally sold, subject to confirmation by the team’s principle sponsor.

The four extra cars will be built up over the months of April and May well in time to take their place on the Enduro Series grid when that part of the season begins in August. This will bring the 2012 total to ten Holden VE2 SuperTourers and ten FG Ford Falcon SuperTourers and will add yet more high quality drivers to a field that is already attracting international interest. That field includes Greg Murphy, John McIntyre, Craig Baird, Kayne Scott, Andy Booth, Paul Manuell, Cameron McConville and rising young Kiwi Star Scott McLaughlin.

“When one considers none of the production cars have even had the opportunity to turn a wheel in anger yet, the interest has exceeded all of our expectations" said Paul Radisich, V8 SuperTourers CEO.

“We made the decision to cap the field at 20 cars for Season One earlier than was first envisaged so that we could focus on the championship itself. We are actually still receiving regular enquiries of the very highest quality from potential entrants even in these tough economic times but there comes a point where you have to focus on the main objective, and for us that was always about putting on the best motor racing series this country has seen in years.

“There are other outside factors too, such as being able to properly garage a pit lane of 24 cars to the quality standards we have set ourselves. Several of our NZ circuits need to make a step in that direction and we genuinely believe the success of V8 SuperTourers will provide some impetus for those circuits to achieve that, but we cannot expect it to happen overnight.

“Twenty two cars for Season Two [2013] and a final total of 24 cars remains a target that is firmly in our sight, and we would love to see a third manufacturer in 2013. There’s no reason to assume we cannot achieve those goals.”

The first season of the inaugural V8 SuperTourer Championship will run during the 2012 calendar year, commencing with Round 1 at the Hampton Downs circuit on February 17, 18 and 19. There will be races at Taupo, Manfeild and Ruapuna and the two-part season will include four sprint format rounds and three endurance rounds where the drivers in the series must share driving duties with a non-series regular.

The 500km "Grand Final " at Ruapuna will run exactly one week after the Surfers International V8 Supercar round, and organisers have already received strong interest in that event from big name international drivers.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3008873)   #1010
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Would be interested in who those big name international drivers might be..
Old 8 Jan 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3009148)   #1011
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Airfares already paid to get to Aus, they will only have to stump up a little themselves to get across the ditch, so some of the GC Internationals might find it interesting if they have no other commitments
Old 8 Jan 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3009205)   #1012
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Airfares already paid to get to Aus, they will only have to stump up a little themselves to get across the ditch, so some of the GC Internationals might find it interesting if they have no other commitments
I can imagine the conversation "Hey XYZ, you know how you've been paid a substantial whack of money to drive a V8Supercar at GC, well have I got a deal for you.. if you pay for yourself to get to NZ, you can drive a V8Supertourer for free!".

As awesome as it would be for us spectators, I'm not sure there's many internationals who're in it for the "experience"....
Old 9 Jan 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3009214)   #1013
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
20 cars sold... and from the looks, 20 cars sold to fairly well funded owners...that's a pretty spectacular effort.

Be interesting to see if we see Fogg, Edgell or Tulloch in V8STs... As far as I see it, if I were TMC I'd be sweet talking the s**t out of those guys right now.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3010535)   #1014
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Shakedown at Taupo on Wednesday apparently.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3010561)   #1015
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well I can't wait. I will be getting my ticket this week I think. Going to the NZFMR next weekend to of course...
Old 12 Jan 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3010916)   #1016
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nice lookin' ride!
Old 16 Jan 2012, 00:08 (Ref:3012122)   #1017
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Hmmm, only 9 cars on the NZV8's grid this weekend at Teretonga, and only 8 in the last race. First three cars within a few seconds of each other but almost half a lap back to 4th place. This is the "premier" series in NZ apparently.

Meanwhile V8ST have provisionally sold all 20 franchises for the season, while MSNZ still insist there be no compromise between the 2 series. Anyone see any writing on the walls yet?
Old 16 Jan 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3012129)   #1018
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
agree! great job selling all 20 franchises!

still a lot of unanswered questions with this class though. who will be the supports at Round 2? Honda Cup and.... ?
Old 16 Jan 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3012130)   #1019
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Well I guess if Round 1 goes off well they might get a few offers...
Old 16 Jan 2012, 00:43 (Ref:3012133)   #1020
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
so at this stage just Honda Cup?
Old 16 Jan 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3012171)   #1021
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ANd who is going to show up at tracks in winter to watch....
Old 16 Jan 2012, 05:11 (Ref:3012173)   #1022
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting thread, just spent the last two hours reading it! According to the facebook site support classes will be the V8 Challenge Cup, Central Muscle Cars and Honda Cup for Hampton Downs and Manfeild and I guess local SI classes for Ruapuna? The site says V8 Challenge Cup cars will just do the NI rounds of the super tourers. Be cool to see F5000 on the bill at some stage North or South. Quite like the idea of some of these other classes getting to support the big boys. Guessing that the super tourers will have heaps of track time too with less support classes. Hope so, that Ford looks very tasty.
Old 16 Jan 2012, 05:59 (Ref:3012174)   #1023
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
have CMC been confirmed for all the North rounds.. or just the openning round?
Old 16 Jan 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3012211)   #1024
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
ANd who is going to show up at tracks in winter to watch....
That is a good point though - maybe it will be all in the TV coverage. Can't see myself sitting through the freezing cold unless the weather is actually fine, which of course it could possibly be... Don't think I would do a pre-purchase in that vain hope though...
Old 16 Jan 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3012487)   #1025
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Hmmm, only 9 cars on the NZV8's grid this weekend at Teretonga, and only 8 in the last race. First three cars within a few seconds of each other but almost half a lap back to 4th place. This is the "premier" series in NZ apparently.

Meanwhile V8ST have provisionally sold all 20 franchises for the season, while MSNZ still insist there be no compromise between the 2 series. Anyone see any writing on the walls yet?
Nice to know your still following the BNT's. As for 9 cars, when you get ambushed like they did it tends to happen. If you are still interested try counting again next season. By the way great racing at Invers.
Closed Thread