Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jan 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3012435)   #51
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Claire,

You don't mention the Clan. The entry fee was sent before the VAT deadline although the driver lineup is not finalised.

Pete Richards
Pete. I know we have your confirmed entry (and very pleased we are to have it ) - I think that was a 'slip of the pen' that the Clan wasn't included in the provisional list. I'll leave it to Claire to make a suitable 'grovelling apology' to you, when she next logs in .
Old 16 Jan 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3012450)   #52
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No apology needed John. Just thought it would be good to let potential entrants know you can enter and have a good time and not need an expensive and large car.

We have one main aim this year and that is to start at the same time as everyone else. On the negative side we may have to spend more on fuel than we did last year.

Pete Richards
Old 16 Jan 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3012457)   #53
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
On the negative side we may have to spend more on fuel than we did last year.
I'll chip in a gallon!
Old 16 Jan 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3012506)   #54
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No apology needed John. Just thought it would be good to let potential entrants know you can enter and have a good time and not need an expensive and large car.

We have one main aim this year and that is to start at the same time as everyone else. On the negative side we may have to spend more on fuel than we did last year.

Pete Richards
Pete,I sincerely hope it will cost you more in fuel,besides,that would save you
a fair bit with less tea and coffee stops.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3012680)   #55
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Pete

Sorry, as John has kindly pointed out in my chairmans address to the motorsport nation, I forgot to add the Clan. This was not done on purpose.

Its quite fitting actually that its caused this line of discussion because your efforts last year are the whole ethos of this event. Towards the end of the video there is a still shot of you and your team which, when I looked at it, I thought "yep thats got to go in" because although you look knackered and as if you had been through hell and back, the overwhelming thing that comes across from the picture is that you look happy , really as if you had just run a marathon or something....you just look like someone who was tired....but glad to be...and THAT is what its all about (you look a lot happier than Jody Halse bless him!!! ha ha)

Once again, just to confirm, The Clans entry is in

ta
C
Old 29 Feb 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3033019)   #56
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
So howdy all (as they say in Texas)

I hope you are all well and enjoying the unseasonably warmer climate.

We thought we'd give you a quick update live from 360 central (a gazebo in a field just outside of colchester)

THERE ARE 66 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well actually 65 til the event starts)

Fresh from Speed Street at race Retro, 360 was "the rose between two thorns" (only Joking Mr Sharples and Mr Maydon) T'was nice to see so many people pop up and say hi.
The outcome from Race Retro is that we had a couple of entries from it!!!! And we are pleased to announce that the man, who brought us "Madge" last year, is to grace the 360 again!!!
Les, upon seeing us at the stand, said "I want in" and we are delighted to have his entry.......I’m not telling you what he is bringing.....its German that’s all I will say ...Its a great bit of news and I can’t wait to see him on the Grid

There are a couple of drivers who will be there that I didn’t know were coming…I’m quite happy about that and rumour has it, though again its still to be confirmed that one of the original heros of two years ago….will be back at the 360 (well….the hero team that is) We shall see but I DO HOPE SO!!!!!

I’m also delighted to announce that, Rikki picked up his painting by Andrew Kitson and is really chuffed with it, it’s a unique thing with the 360 and Andrew Kitson does do a super job...I speak from the heart when I say it really is something special (see my avatar...its the NUTS!") ....anyway...Andy gave us ANOTHER bit of GREAT NEWS.....HE IS GONNA DO IT AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!!
That’s a FANTASTIC GIFT. Whoever wins the 360 will again be presented with a "Kitson" of their very own winning car, a unique gift and one we are very proud of, again thank you very much Andrew, you are a star without doubt.
FOOT IN MOUTH ALERT - I actually worded a previous post incorrectly.....so...i need to confirm something to you
we have not got a "Hospitality" unit as such that I may have indicated before....what we have got , is one of 360's long-time supporters and also three times entrant offering his car transporter/vehicle (which has a BIT of a hospitality piece to it) as a venue for the "360 JohnGee LOVES EM" BBQ that is held on the Friday. I do apologise if I may have given the idea that we had a fully-fledged Hospitality unit....my mistake, that said, it is VERY NICE OFFER AND WE THANK YOU MR BELL

I’m also delighted that we have received a very GENEROUS offer of all the champagne for the 360 and the OBS podium and presentations. I will formally announce the sponsor of the Champers in good time but for now I will just say Thank You, You Know Who ( they don’t want me to name them yet)

Over the weekend a couple of people stated that they would love a drive in the 360, but don’t have a car…..so, if you are looking for an extra pair of hands (and a hand financially as well!) then please PM me and I will pass on details…

So, The HRDC are Ready, Julius is ready, The 360 team is ready….Snett is ready…all we are waiting for is YOU….more updates to follow

On a personal note it’s a bit of bad and good news for you all….the operation on my throat (which was postponed) is now tomorrow…the good/bad news depending which way you look at it….is that I will not be able to talk for two weeks afterwards….BUT IT WONT STOP ME TYPING IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh…by the way….I have a race licence…I kept it low key so you may not have heard x
Cya
ClaireChair
Old 29 Feb 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3033105)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope all goes well Claire,hope it doesn't stop you reading your TEXTS as well though.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3033126)   #58
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck with the op Claire. Hope to be at Snett this year as one half of the ''dream team'' Any idea what we have?
Old 29 Feb 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3033129)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck Claire.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3033146)   #60
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good luck Claire...sustain yourself with the excitement of your racing licence!
Old 29 Feb 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3033149)   #61
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Dont worry,no doubt Claire will use it instead of a hospital wrist band.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3033151)   #62
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Good luck with the op Claire. Hope to be at Snett this year as one half of the ''dream team'' Any idea what we have?
Not a clue Chris. It will be whatever MSV(Snetterton) have as their standard safety car
Old 29 Feb 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3033152)   #63
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope all goes well & that you have a speedy recovery Claire x

(You can't run away from that kiss )
Old 29 Feb 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3033153)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What license is that then?
Old 29 Feb 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3033154)   #65
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Good luck Claire...sustain yourself with the excitement of your racing licence!
Has Claire got her licence? I'd no idea - she kept that quiet.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3033155)   #66
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What license is that then?
See now look what you've done! I was trying to keep it low key an all and now everyone will know I have a race licence
Old 29 Feb 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3033315)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I remember when I got my first license. I had to complete a form with my own name and send a postal order for £1/10/6d!
Old 1 Mar 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3033398)   #68
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Not a clue Chris. It will be whatever MSV(Snetterton) have as their standard safety car

That being the case,it will be the latest M3 Chris.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3033472)   #69
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I remember when I got my first license. I had to complete a form with my own name and send a postal order for £1/10/6d!
Hmmmm, are you sure that's the truth? Didn't you barter it for 3 chickens?
Old 1 Mar 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3033475)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
My father was a man of ready wit and sophistication. I'm certain his reply to such a remark would have been "up your's red nose!"

Anyway the significant point was that I could spell my own name, which means I'm too qualified to be a judge.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3033479)   #71
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Anyway the significant point was that I could spell my own name, which means I'm too qualified to be a judge.
........ or, indeed, a clerk of the course!
Old 1 Mar 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3033516)   #72
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Nothing wrong with Claire's spelling,is there?
Old 1 Mar 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3033714)   #73
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can someone explain the rules of this to me, it wasn't exactly very detailed in the MSV 2012 Fixture Guide.

Some Questions;

What cars are allowed?

What cars can you expect as a spectator?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3033767)   #74
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Adam. The regulations are contained on the club's website (360mrc.com), together with an excellent video of the 2011 race which shows the types of car which will be racing. Basically the cars for the 6 hour race are saloons and GT cars which are 21 years of age or older. There are obviously classes, which are based on engine capacity and age.
Any futher questions, please ask.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3033768)   #75
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
What cars can you expect as a spectator?
You "might" see this !
Attached Thumbnails
vm2.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !