Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Sep 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3301029)   #251
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Interesting picture he posted (http://instagram.com/p/eAbdLJs9xZ/) it is old P2 chassis with the Target livery. Looks really good actually.
That's a screenshot from Forza Motorsport. Some user-created skin for the HPD P1 car.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3301081)   #252
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Interesting picture he posted (http://instagram.com/p/eAbdLJs9xZ/) it is old P2 chassis with the Target livery. Looks really good actually.
+1
Old 10 Sep 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3301265)   #253
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd rather the GT only race was at Detroit. Personally I like it better than Long Beach, and I'd like the shots of the GT cars coming through that tree-lined final section of the track.

Seems like it would also make a bit more sense for Chevy and Dod... SRT to want their babies to race in Detroit as well.

I know they have said Long Beach covers a huge and important car market though, and I suppose DP will have Chevy vs Ford (kind of) to get the sort of "civil war" type battle going on, so it isn't like there isn't strong American presence in a prototype-only race.

I don't have a chance of going to either of them though, so I'm not factoring that in.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3301268)   #254
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Pruett and Montoya in a Target HPD in USCR

or

in WEC

that is the Question?
In WEC they would need an AM driver... Ganassi won't be racing there.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 03:00 (Ref:3301308)   #255
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I don't see why they would particularly need to split the race in Detroit to begin with. The long course is 2.385 miles, which is longer than Laguna Seca (2.238mi), Mid Ohio (2.258mi), or Barber (2.300mi). The long course is also faster than the other layout, and the short course wasn't exactly slow to begin with.

If USCR sticks with the date change in Maryland, that one, as well as with Long Beach, would be the ones for which to split the classes.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3301312)   #256
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^^^^
More GT-LM teams going to Le Mans for the test day than other classes? That's how I read it.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 03:24 (Ref:3301314)   #257
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Except, the talk is that Detroit will be Labor Day Weekend next year, NOT the first weekend in June.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3301321)   #258
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I don't see why they would particularly need to split the race in Detroit to begin with. The long course is 2.385 miles, which is longer than Laguna Seca (2.238mi), Mid Ohio (2.258mi), or Barber (2.300mi). The long course is also faster than the other layout, and the short course wasn't exactly slow to begin with.

If USCR sticks with the date change in Maryland, that one, as well as with Long Beach, would be the ones for which to split the classes.
Maybe lack of paddock space?
Old 10 Sep 2013, 05:17 (Ref:3301335)   #259
juki
Rookie

juki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dagys just wrote an article for his new site with the latest news of 2014 schedule: http://sportscar365.net/uscr/2014-schedule-taking-shape/

UNCONFIRMED SCHEDULE

Jan. 25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona (NAEC)
March 15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring (NAEC)
April 12 – Long Beach (GT Only)
May - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
May 31 – Detroit (Prototype Only)
June/July – Six Hours of The Glen (NAEC)
August – Road America
September – Circuit of The Americas
October – Petit Le Mans (NAEC)

Laguna Seca & VIR (!) also likely to return but date TBD. VIR remains because of pre-existing contract with ALMS it seems.
Mosport is the potential 12th event but still needs to be finalized
No Mid-Ohio, Kansas, Lime Rock or Barber.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3301361)   #260
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really hoping VIR makes it. Also glad to see NASCAR may have been able to convince NASCAR not to put NASCAR's track (Kansas) on NASCAR's series schedule.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3301420)   #261
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am surprised (and a little disappointed) that Indy at this time is not a round of the NAEC. I was hoping to see the Aston Martins at my home track.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3301440)   #262
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
D
Laguna Seca & VIR (!) also likely to return but date TBD. VIR remains because of pre-existing contract with ALMS it seems.
/fans self, faints
Old 10 Sep 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3301447)   #263
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Dorothy and Toto might be upset however.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3301462)   #264
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They might have been the only two spectators at Kansas.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3301474)   #265
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
12h of Mosport would be beyond epic!
While I agree, that hasn't been suggested anywhere by anyone.. except for your post.

Mosport could be the 12th event, not a 12h event.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3301491)   #266
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
If VIR makes the schedule, then I can live with Kansas over Laguna Seca.

This must mean VIR track management is getting their revenge for AMA. Good on them.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3301510)   #267
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the Dagys article made it sound like the schedule will be ready in the next few days. I wonder if they will wait to release it at COTA or just have their own press conference?
Old 10 Sep 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3301577)   #268
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
Dagys just wrote an article for his new site with the latest news of 2014 schedule: http://sportscar365.net/uscr/2014-schedule-taking-shape/

UNCONFIRMED SCHEDULE

Jan. 25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona (NAEC)
March 15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring (NAEC)
April 12 – Long Beach (GT Only)
May - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
May 31 – Detroit (Prototype Only)
June/July – Six Hours of The Glen (NAEC)
August – Road America
September – Circuit of The Americas
October – Petit Le Mans (NAEC)

Mosport is the potential 12th event but still needs to be finalized
No Mid-Ohio, Kansas, Lime Rock or Barber.
Looks better than I expected. Road America still in August would be good. No Mid-Ohio is a bummer.
Mosport should be the winner among these three:
Quote:
Sportscar 365:
*Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Baltimore and Kansas Speedway believed to be possibilities for 12th date.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3301617)   #269
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I'm glad to see Road America "confirmed".

Quote:
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Baltimore and Kansas Speedway believed to be possibilities for 12th date.
It says before that the 12th race is Mosport but needs to be finalized. So why are Kansas and Baltimore still in contention for the spot? And I thought Baltimore was ruled out after the semi-disastrous race that was ALMS 2013, round 7?

The schedule looks fantastic, though. The sole fact that Kansas and Baltimore won't be included is something to smile about... also it looks like we're getting twelve races and VIR. It's a bit of a shame about Mid-Ohio, but I think most of us would rather have VIR. Mid-Ohio can get a bit dull after a while... VIR generally produces better racing, IMO.

Hopefully this will silence the "sand pounders" and axe-grinders.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3301656)   #270
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeballin View Post
If VIR makes the schedule, then I can live with Kansas over Laguna Seca.
Why on earth would you think Kansas would be a better choice than Laguna Seca
Old 10 Sep 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3301657)   #271
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkNaked View Post
Why on earth would you think Kansas would be a better choice than Laguna Seca
He's not saying it is. He's saying that if VIR is indeed on the calendar, he won't be too broken up if Kansas is on the calendar in replacement of Laguna Seca.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 03:20 (Ref:3301836)   #272
canciaro
Racer

Canada
Windsor
canciaro is a back marker
Really would like to have seen Mid-Ohio on the schedule, a doubleheder with Indycar would have a been a great ticket. Great venue too, much better than going to Detroit or Mosport.

Michigan Football & Basketball, Oregon Football, Detroit Tigers
Old 11 Sep 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3301844)   #273
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Detroit is the only potential venue in Michigan, point blank. I definitely prefer the track layout and elevation changes of Mosport to Mid Ohio, though Mid Ohio isn't bad by any means. Now, what they've done to the run-offs up there in Canada is another matter. Also, the series NEEDS to keep a continued presence in Canada, and Mosport is easily the best available circuit for that.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 03:44 (Ref:3301847)   #274
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Detroit is the only potential venue in Michigan, point blank. I definitely prefer the track layout and elevation changes of Mosport to Mid Ohio, though Mid Ohio isn't bad by any means. Now, what they've done to the run-offs up there in Canada is another matter. Also, the series NEEDS to keep a continued presence in Canada, and Mosport is easily the best available circuit for that.
Michigan really needs a solid permanent road course. The best permanent circuit is Gingerman Raceway, I think, which can't host a big race in its current state.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 04:43 (Ref:3301859)   #275
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
It's not east coast bias. It's just him doing what he does.
yup.....trying....really hard......not.....to....feed the troll