Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Sep 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3309605)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RallycrossRX 2014

Perhaps a little premature starting this thread, but I've just seen an article hinting that Toomas Heikkinen will be returning to Europe in 2014 (not sure on the accuracy of the article, so don't quote me on it!) and thought that would be good start for a thread on 2014.

Would like to see a regular OMSE presence in Europe again (even if I'm not a massive fan of Heikkinen) so good news if the above is true.

Any other drivers known to be heading back to Europe or looking at moving to RallycrossRX?
Old 26 Sep 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3309622)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'd be interested to get confirmation of the classes they're going to run and if any changes will be made to the event formats (no 2 hour lunch breaks please ) as well as driver news. Agree that it would be good to have more OMSE cars out and about - Foust and Heikkinen for the full season?

Derek Tohill obviously has already announced plans to step up to Supercars and I'd expect quite a lot of this years full time drivers to be back.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3309661)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Actually, you are very late
Old 26 Sep 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3309739)   #4
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ERC24 posted a quote by Heikkinen saying that he was looking forward to doing a World Championship
Old 26 Sep 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3309775)   #5
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
also via erc24
http://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/2...-not-host-erc/
Old 27 Sep 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3309978)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
ERC24 posted a quote by Heikkinen saying that he was looking forward to doing a World Championship
They did? I must have missed that: that rumours carries a bit more weight if it appeared on ERC24 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
Thats a shame for the Irish fans, given it was so close this year I assumed they'd be a definate for next year.

Just done my monthly log in to Twitter and spotted a tweet from Prodrive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodrive Twitter
Now building 2nd MINI RX after lots of interest at @GlobalRallyX Charlotte, could run in Vegas maybe with @davemirra and in @FIAERC.
...would be good if a MINI or two appeared in Europe next year. Starting to get a bit oversaturated with DS3's!
Old 27 Sep 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3310054)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found it in Finnish as well, but English is easier to read I suppose...

http://www.maxrally.com/2013/09/25/h...ust-got-better
Old 28 Sep 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3310361)   #8
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Okay, so a few months ago Prodrive began taking orders for the MINI RX. And now they plan to build a second one. Is the interest really that high? Or is it something else going on?
Old 3 Oct 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3312466)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Thats a shame for the Irish fans, given it was so close this year I assumed they'd be a definate for next year.
Quote:
However, the landscape has changed since that agreement was brokered with IMG now hoping to run a new World Rallycross Series and if Mondello Park were to be involved, it would now cost them well over three times the amount required to host a European round.
Does every round have to pay 3 times the amount compared to this year? Or only the events that are part of the WRX?
Old 3 Oct 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3312476)   #10
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Does every round have to pay 3 times the amount compared to this year? Or only the events that are part of the WRX?
Doesnt sound good! Any news on the Challenge for 2014, other they the announcement its intended to run one.

So if the plan is only to run Super 1600 and Touring Cars at selected events in 2014, and not a "world" series for them.

Could be a case of paying 3 times more, for only a third of the show!
Old 3 Oct 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3312531)   #11
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah one has to wonder. If a non reduced price was quoted to Mondello for 2013, 64.000 euro (according to the Czech club http://erc24.com/archives/8266), this would be 3x as high for 'just' a world championship label? That is a lot of money for the clubs to spoon out. And a lot of profit to be made from the event for which I don't see a income doubling that easily by 'just' labeling it 'World Championship Rallycross'.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3312552)   #12
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
Yeah one has to wonder. If a non reduced price was quoted to Mondello for 2013, 64.000 euro (according to the Czech club http://erc24.com/archives/8266), this would be 3x as high for 'just' a world championship label? That is a lot of money for the clubs to spoon out. And a lot of profit to be made from the event for which I don't see a income doubling that easily by 'just' labeling it 'World Championship Rallycross'.
I fear for the cost of spectating, if that's what IMG are asking for......wonder how they can justify that extra cost, and which tracks would choose a "world" round over a " European" round with that price hike.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3312713)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Same deal as last year really

They know most of the permanent tracks in Europe cant justify that amount, so they are touting for business elsewhere, its business. Not sport, rememebr that.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3314136)   #14
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Petter is aiming at a two car team for next year. Three or four drivers interested and Hedström also. He may also selling his car, he's building a new one
Old 7 Oct 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3314145)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades
Petter is aiming at a two car team for next year. Three or four drivers interested and Hedström also. He may also selling his car, he's building a new one
Sell it? He's only just got it working properly! His car is easily my fave looking of the DS3's, I hope he goes for naked carbon fibre on his next build. Is his new car going to be another DS3 or something else?
Old 7 Oct 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3314187)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Don't like the Solberg DS3. It looks messy and not well put together.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3314438)   #17
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Don't like the Solberg DS3. It looks messy and not well put together.
It's because of him really and his driving style. It looks as a rally car with it's setup and he is driver that prefers understeer. He had to stress the build of the car and the car wasn't 100 percent race ready when he started
Old 16 Oct 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3318497)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
The World Rallycross Championship gets its first lady:

http://erc24.com/archives/15451

Ramona Karlsson will be running in 2014. Picture shows her testing an OMSE Ford, wonder if thats what she'll be competing in?
Old 16 Oct 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3318523)   #19
ClintonRX
Rookie

England
Nr Ashford
ClintonRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Steve
Had the pleasure of watching the last round of the French Championship at Dreux on Sunday. Quite a tight circuit, but you can see everything from a number of places, although the crash fencing would probably aggravate the photographers amongst us. Back on thread......I wonder how Adeline Sangnier would get on if she stepped up to the European S1600 class? Having been in the top half a dozen of the final championship standings in France for a few years, I could be wrong, but I think Sunday was her first A final victory. Enjoyed witnessing it. It was well deserved and she could certainly gave as good as she got from the blokes. Did she race at Loheac? I haven't checked the records.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3318553)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonRX View Post
but I think Sunday was her first A final victory.
IIRC she has won an A final last year.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3319020)   #21
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Further to the earlier conversation on Solberg there is now a full article from him on Autosport...

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...-is-my-future/

...he confirms in there that the second car they are building for 2014 is another DS3. As crossfades said, he also mentions that the first car will either be sold or rented.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3319062)   #22
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonRX View Post
Hi Steve
Had the pleasure of watching the last round of the French Championship at Dreux on Sunday. Quite a tight circuit, but you can see everything from a number of places, although the crash fencing would probably aggravate the photographers amongst us. Back on thread......I wonder how Adeline Sangnier would get on if she stepped up to the European S1600 class? Having been in the top half a dozen of the final championship standings in France for a few years, I could be wrong, but I think Sunday was her first A final victory. Enjoyed witnessing it. It was well deserved and she could certainly gave as good as she got from the blokes. Did she race at Loheac? I haven't checked the records.
Ive been following Adeline (not in a stalking kind of way!) since about 2009 and theres no doubt shes as quick as most of the guys but it has to be said she has often raced in championship winning cars. Unfortunately she didn't race at Loheac but I reckon she would have been good for a possible semi final as long as the Set Promotion guys didn't pick on her!

Dreux surprised me in a good way last year with some good racing but that was in the wet and very wet, havnt seen it dry there yet. As you say the fencing is annoying but it was even worst at Loheac and my guess is the ERC will be going there for sometime, shame as I would like to see Dreux get another go as long as they have sorted the paddock area out. Still the French championship is still pretty strong so maybe I'll get there next year for an FRC round.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3329091)   #23
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I see LD Motorsports are now listing a few cars for sale on Facebook (C4 Supercar, DS3 Supercar and a Super National Fiesta).

Clearing out some space in the garage, or making space for another marque?...
Old 10 Nov 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3329674)   #24
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the 2014 French Championship the second race in Essay is replaced by Loheac. This could indicate that Essay will join the World Championship?

In other news, they are building a new track in Belgium. On or near the Mettet racetrack a new Rallycross circuit is being build that will immediately join the World Championship next summer.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 14:32 (Ref:3331751)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I have absolutely zero proof, so don't read too much into it, but I have seen the date 25/26th May 2014 on Facebook as the date for the RallycrossRX round at Lydden.

Petter Solberg posted this on Facebook earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petter Solberg
In apx three weeks the schedule for the first ever World Rallycross Championship season will be disclosed. I'm guessing we'll have a long trip outside of Europe in the season start - probably at the end of March.
So if the above is true, Lydden won't be the season opener in 2014.