Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Apr 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3389203)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg [iV8SC14R10111213] ITM Auckland 500, Pukekohe -24-27 April

Time for the circus to go overseas for the second time this year...

With the strength of the Kiwi pilots' form in the series this year, will Mr Van Gisbergen, Mr Coulthard or Mr McLaughlin take the spoils on this 4 race weekend?

Or will 888 find their magic go-switch and get back up the front where they believe they own the space

FPR #5 for the win?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3389332)   #2
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
overseas for the second time this year .....

Old 6 Apr 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3389491)   #3
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, cheering the bros on. Looking forward to hearing the Volvo in the flesh, and hoping for some more close racing.

Should be a good weekend, taken a few extra days off work to see it all, drink some beers and not worry about the Mrs interrupting with plans that I had apparently been told of!
Old 12 Apr 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3391361)   #4
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
the Mrs interrupting with plans that I had apparently been told of!
Glad to see that I'm not the only one with this annoying problem
Old 16 Apr 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3393188)   #5
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although I am a Fordie, and an ex servicemen , the HRT ANZAC livery is once again awsome. The only disapointment is I wont be there to see up close.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3393256)   #6
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So we have NZV8s and NZ V8 Supertourers as support classes?

Anyone seen a race schedule for the weekend yet?
Old 16 Apr 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3393274)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Schedule is on v8 supercars website.

4 races for v8supercars at this event

1 Friday, 2 Saturday and 200k race on sunday
Old 17 Apr 2014, 07:09 (Ref:3393710)   #8
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Schedule is on v8 supercars website.

4 races for v8supercars at this event

1 Friday, 2 Saturday and 200k race on sunday
Saturday Look like a cracker

2 V8SC
2 V8ST

Plus Practice/Qualifying

Going to be interesting with Lap Times (Between the 2 Class) in Qualifying and Race or if it rains and with the weather the way it is at the moment there is a pretty good Chance
Old 17 Apr 2014, 08:06 (Ref:3393733)   #9
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EX- Cyclone ITA headed your way this w-end.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3393754)   #10
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
EX- Cyclone ITA headed your way this w-end.
Already been and gone.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3395470)   #11
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Kiwi drivers should take out the wins this round.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3396501)   #12
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like this weekends events will be rain affected at some point, including the big Sunday races. The problem is a stalled cold front over much of the North Island.

Puke can be a hard place to drain water effectively if it does happen, and with the concrete jungle, it can be quite costly too with potential car damage.

Normally when you Aussies come over the weather is just fantastic (and then it hoses down as soon as you head back over the ditch!), but I do have some concerns for this weekend.

Could this be a repeat of that heavily rain affected meeting in Hamilton when SVG won his first race?

It my not happen either, but when you look at GFS models, they are normally there or thereabouts.

I am looking forward to seeing the new Volvo (and hearing it - it sounds crazy on TV) and seeing V8SCars full stop. I am also keen to see how the SuperTourers go at the same track and if the much-talked about 'roughly a second off at Puke' will still apply?

Hope heaps of you good people from Aussie are heading over to NZ for our biggest annual sporting event
Old 23 Apr 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3397101)   #13
Fairlane GTA
Rookie

New Zealand
Parnell
Fairlane GTA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a heads up, there was roadworks today on the Bombay to Puke road, about 500 metres of tar spray with chip. Very large delays this afternoon, may pay to come via an alternative route thursday.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3397168)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is going to be awesome. Looks like we'll get at least three of the races shown live here in Sweden. Gonna be a pain in the arse getting up at 4am on Saturday, but it'll be worth it
Old 24 Apr 2014, 04:09 (Ref:3397552)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
only 1 practise session this weekend, wont want to miss that as a driver

Hard tyres all weekend and only new ones allowed,
Old 24 Apr 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3397564)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks naked without a rear wing huh...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Apr 2014, 06:06 (Ref:3397571)   #17
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phew! what a bizarre day 1 for the support categories. One minute its dry, nek minnit its hosing it down.

This seemed to suit the team I am in as our driver got his best qualifying yet, so we're pretty stoked.

But as usual the standing water at T1 etc was a swimming pool.

2moro's set up in the skies does have the stalled cold front (as mentioned earlier) coming thru. I don't see it being a major as far as todays conditions go, but there should be some rain from about midday, but it should be quite light, but its Puke so who knows!. Rain should continue (light rain) for the rest of the day, so it may affect practice and qually sessions for the supercars.

The front then should stall overnight with Saturday rain on the cards first thing (maybe moderate falls in the morning), and moving back to lighter rain around midday. By the end of Satdee, it should be gone-burgers.

Which then leaves a dry Sunday for the big races, wind from the NW, but nothing to get worried about. Sunday evening, whens its all done and dusted should pack in again, but who cares about that!.

So the positives are: rain free sunday
Negatives are: rain affected Saturday.

I am lucky enough to be doing local weather analysis for a few teams in the support categories. I never ever trust our metservice, and in a place like Puke it does help if you have someone who can read the clouds and let the right people know what time the weather will hit, and also what part of the track. I've managed to get this part right 100% of the time so far, but I have to be on the ground to do this. Rain Radars etc just don't have the resolution needed. No doubt it won't be too long before I make the wrong call

Am loving the buzz of having the Supercar circus in town. Even today, there where quite good crowds all things considered.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3397589)   #18
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are people's opinions of a Friday race?

Will the TV figures do it justice? They are going head to head with well established ANZAC Day sporting events, not to mention people's general ANZAC Day activities.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 08:29 (Ref:3397608)   #19
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Will the TV figures do it justice? They are going head to head with well established ANZAC Day sporting events, not to mention people's general ANZAC Day activities.
10am on 7mate in Sydney........Ch73.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3397875)   #20
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Looks naked without a rear wing huh...

To be perfectly honest I think it looks great without a wing

I wonder what it'd look like with a NASCAR-style spoiler.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 00:45 (Ref:3397936)   #21
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Brighty on pole. Go you good thing!!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 01:00 (Ref:3397941)   #22
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Will the TV figures do it justice? They are going head to head with well established ANZAC Day
sporting events, not to mention people's general ANZAC Day activities.
I think that it being on so early back here in Aus (10am Melb) I think most people will simply forget it's even on.

It's not going head to head with any of the major sports events though. The V8 telecast ends at 12:30pm just as
the AFL ANZAC TV coverage starts. Game actually starts at 2:30pm. The 3 NRL games are on late this afternoon
and tonight. Being on early here it won't be going up against anything other then the tradition of people paying
respect at the dawn service and the march.....so that will have an impact on TV numbers.....but it's a one off!!!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 01:09 (Ref:3397943)   #23
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
THUSDAY NIGHT THUNDER from PUKEKOHE for us in the States, currently ten after 9pm!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3397944)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
The crowd look good.
I've observed that sport has become a big part of the ANZAC tradition. Out our local service we we encouraged to go to the local football events.
The early TV coverage will be interesting, but means we are not clashing with other sports. However I'm watching
Old 25 Apr 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3397950)   #25
Wazzi
Rookie

Australia
Bilpin NSW
Wazzi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=NinnyMan;3397941]I think that it being on so early back here in Aus (10am Melb) I think most people will simply forget it's even on.

Got to agree, I am one, knew it was today but assumed it would be laterand missed the first half. Maybe more advertising on 7 before the event would have helped.
Anyway, go Brighty!