Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Jan 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3017244)   #176
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
It just occurred to me, Ricciardo did Monte Carlo while taking pole in WSbR. So, GP2's rules prevent you from taking part in F1 Fridays while racing!?
Yes as John Miller also pointed out, this potential move certainly has a big sense of logic to it doesn't it? Jules can have the best of both worlds then without compromising his racing.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3017274)   #177
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, this is clear, but is there really something specific in GP2's rules preventing drivers from taking part in F1 sessions during the same weekend? Sounds a bit strange...
Because at the end of the day, GP2 has about 3h running in total and you double that with F1 Friday FPs, so may be it can be beneficial. Of course it depends on the driver and if he has problems adapting from one car to another, to slow things down for GP2, Ricciardo had no problem at all and I think Monaco was one of his best races last year.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3017423)   #178
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we might have Stanaway, Ceccon, Korjus, Rossi, and Bianchi, with seats still left? I'd not be so sure that Wickens doesn't come back, either.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3017445)   #179
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting development... Alexander Rossi joins Lewis Williamson at 'Arden Caterham Motorsport'!

http://www.caterhamf1.com/team/drive...opment-program

Quote:
"He tested for Caterham F1 Team in the rookie tests at the end of 2011 and is doing the WSR again in 2012 with Arden Caterham Motorsport."
Old 26 Jan 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3017499)   #180
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ooooh well spotted!

another very good, title contender of a driver.

getting quite excited about this coming season
Old 27 Jan 2012, 04:53 (Ref:3017606)   #181
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing that could make this season better, IMHO, is a race at Imola.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3017906)   #182
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bianchi has been confirmed as Force India's reserve driver, and will run in at least 9 Friday sessions:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97196

Will be interesting to see if he dovetails that with the FR3.5 programme rumoured here.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3018515)   #183
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to this very useful thread, the 3.5 series will support the FIA World Endurance Championship at Silverstone (August 24 - 26)...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131763

No official word yet though that I've seen.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3018518)   #184
Gamla Hairpin
Rookie

Gamla Hairpin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An educated guess is the reason why F.Renault 3.5 is listed at Silverstone on August 25/26. By the way, as far as I can see Brands Hatch does not have anything scheduled for the August 25/26 weekend as yet......
Old 30 Jan 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3019025)   #185
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robin Frijns will race with Fortec this year. I'm very happy to see him in FR3.5, I'm very curious what he can do as a rookie.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3019028)   #186
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yeah, he's not bad, interesting entry.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3019037)   #187
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
korjus set the bar pretty high last year with his wins with tech1 - considering who frijns beat last year he ought to be fairly competant too!

spending his €500k bursary too - it just shows it works, it keeps talented drivers in the wsr circle and helps them take a big budget step up too.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3020975)   #188
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No real surprise, but Grubmuller and Move are confirmed at P1 again:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97301
Old 3 Feb 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3020986)   #189
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
move's a puzzler isn't he? on the one hand he can be pretty quick, and he is quicker than grubmuller but on the other, when he is quick (i'm thinking particularly motorland) he doesn't necessarily handle the situation that presents itself particularly well.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3023600)   #190
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bianchi huh. He really should win the title with his GP2 experience although I've never been overly impressed with him, so it will be interesting to see how he does. My money's on Alexander Rossi for the title this year.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3023616)   #191
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
For those who haven't seen Bianchi has been confirmed at Tech 1:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97435
Old 9 Feb 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3023663)   #192
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
challenge: name a stronger driver pairing in any non-f1 level single seater that's stronger than bianchi-korjus...
Old 9 Feb 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3023668)   #193
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

I've got one!

Errrr.....

Oh.....
Old 9 Feb 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3023670)   #194
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
challenge: name a stronger driver pairing in any non-f1 level single seater that's stronger than bianchi-korjus...
GutiƩrrez and Calado for Lotus GP (aka ART) in GP2 will be pretty solid I'd say?
Old 9 Feb 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3023678)   #195
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i'm not really sure about gutierrez. if you take out all the hype, aside from his epic fbmw season what's he done in bigger cars to make you think that he's a talent to get excited about?

in comparison, i don't know if korjus has done anything to *not* be impressed with!
Old 9 Feb 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3023686)   #196
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
i'm not really sure about gutierrez. if you take out all the hype, aside from his epic fbmw season what's he done in bigger cars to make you think that he's a talent to get excited about?

in comparison, i don't know if korjus has done anything to *not* be impressed with!
I do agree re. GutiƩrrez actually, his GP2 results last year were rather average for a driver with his amount of hype. In FBMW and GP3, however, he did show enough talent that I think he could turn out to be a top driver. We'll have to see how he does this year I think.

I do very much like Gorgeous Korjus, he was highly impressive in FR3.5 last year and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does this time. So I think you're probably right about Bianchi and Korjus being a stronger line-up actually.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3023740)   #197
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Franchitti-Dixon?
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3023902)   #198
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Korjus won the weakest Euro FR championship in his third season in the category and now he is hot property?!
Old 10 Feb 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3023980)   #199
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
He was impressive in a strong WSR field last year though.

Going on that form, i expect him to effectivley end Bianchi's Formula One aspirations.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3023988)   #200
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt it. I reckon Bianchi has this title sewn up. He really needs to win it.