Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Dec 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3339209)   #726
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
That was my first thought as soon as I saw that pic- which is the first time I'd seen the Neo Volvo- the ride height looks too low and the wheels seem tucked under the arches far too much
It seems that the headlights a re a touch on the large side for the scale also? However, the NEO cars are quite nicely turned out it has to be said.

There's 3 versions now at least?
Old 21 Jan 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3356624)   #727
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Seen a link to a pic of the forthcoming Neo 1986 Bastos TWR Vitesse but nothing on their website. I even heard that it had sold out prelaunch, but that doesn't sound right?
Old 20 Feb 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3370318)   #728
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

The Neo Bastos Vitesse is now released and selling fast so I heard?

Minichamps have turned up the heat on the SD1 model launch by announcing 2 further race cars, an Olaf Manthey Nickel car from 1985 and the Tim Harvey 1987 BTCC class winner....

Arguably a couple of less obvious choices when you think about the possibilities that exist, but they know their market and clearly stick to a combination of home spun models and successful international replicas?
Old 15 Apr 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3393025)   #729
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Corgi planned releases for July-December include a Mini 1275 GT

Now there's one that ought to have potential for future BTCC-themed models. How long do you reckon before we get a Richard Longman/Patrick Motorsport Mini..?
Hadn't been paying much attention to diecast releases lately, but Corgi's 2nd-half releases for 2014 have been announced, and no surprise, there's a Longman Mini

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/corgi-di...chard-longman/
Old 19 Jun 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3423809)   #730
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The second Corgi Cavalier livery is available now:

http://www.corgi.co.uk/vanguards/mot...-rac-btcc.html
Old 6 Sep 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3450692)   #731
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Not BTCC, but Spark are to release a Hartge BMW 635 from the 1985 JTCC in the coming months.

Spark seem to bring out different versions of the same model a bit quicker than Minichamps so we could see further versions before too long.

About time we saw more diecast or resin 635's as they are popular and there was an absolute multitude of liveries in the 80's.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3486380)   #732
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Next years Corgi releases have been announced and include a Golf:

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/new-for-...shaw-btcc.html
Old 21 Dec 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3486832)   #733
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Thanks Bert.

Makes sense for them to make the most of the base tool/moulding for different versions. Hope they'll do a Listers version later too.

Really do hope they'll attempt a few more Capris and some Rovers as well, they would be popular?
Old 18 Jan 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3493780)   #734
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
A bit off-topic as it's 1/76 scale, but Oxford Diecast have recently done a nice little set of two of the 1969 season works race Minis and accompanying race transporter.

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/76/images/76BMC003.jpg

The transporter modelled is one that was converted in 1967 or so from one of the fleet of vehicles BMC ran as Mobile Training Units in the early 60's.

Oxford had already released the training unit version, and the bodyshell is made in two parts- the lower half of the body as a metal casting, and the upper half as a plastic moulding, which allows for flush glazing, and has enabled them to do the race transporter conversion as well, by producing an alternative top half moulding, and working tailgate.

The join between the two halves looks a bit obvious in the photo, if you look at the back corner- but that could be an assembly problem on the example in the photo, as I've got the first release of the transporter late last year (in a later BL Special Tuning blue livery), and mine is much better. The vertical join between the metal casting and the plastic moulding for the rear valance that supports the tailgate does still stand out, but overall it's a nice model that looks the part- (and it will take two Minis!) and I don't anticipate seeing one in 1/43 anytime soon...

Compared to 1/43 models, the Minis are probably a bit on the crude side- although we are talking about models barely an inch-and-a-half long here.... Overall the shape looks pretty decent, and they're nicely finished (Again, I've not seen this version in the metal yet, but do have an earlier release in 1968 Monte Carlo Rally guise). Probably the worst feature is the way they've represented the Minilite wheels. They represent the cars that finished 1-2 at the Salzburgring in October '69 with John Rhodes and John Handley.

For Mini fans, there's also a 3-car set of the works cars from the 1969 Tour de France available.
Old 18 Jan 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3493940)   #735
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Not BTCC, but Spark are to release a Hartge BMW 635 from the 1985 JTCC in the coming months.

Spark seem to bring out different versions of the same model a bit quicker than Minichamps so we could see further versions before too long.

About time we saw more diecast or resin 635's as they are popular and there was an absolute multitude of liveries in the 80's.
There's also 2 Macau 1983 Marlboro Schnitzer cars which are excellent. Ive got the Stuck one with the big BBS front wheels.

An ATCC JPS version from '85 anda Bastos Spa '83 versions are also due for release.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 07:50 (Ref:3510256)   #736
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Next years Corgi releases have been announced and include a Golf:

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/new-for-...shaw-btcc.html
Golf was due Feb but is now listed as May release?

Quite pleasd with the Longman Mini btw. Livery and interior is a good effort overall.

Corgi are doing an offer in the Cleland Astra for 9.99 on their site!
Old 8 Mar 2015, 07:58 (Ref:3512911)   #737
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone still looking to fill gaps in their super touring collection? I have sold perhaps half of my collection now but still have around 40 cars left if anyone is interested in a list let me know!
Old 14 Aug 2015, 15:27 (Ref:3566031)   #738
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Corgi Minshaw Golf 16v has been out for about a month now.

Spark have just released 2 more 635's, the Von Bayern/Hulme JPS car from Bathurst 1984 and the Bob Jane/Schnitzer car from 1985!

They are 54 quid from uk sellers but you will get them from Germany cheaper than that including the postage...

Soon to come are the 1983 Spa 24 hours Bastos winner and the 1985 JTCC ex Hartge car.

The market gets better and better for 1980's touring cars and Group A!
Old 11 Sep 2015, 13:27 (Ref:3573168)   #739
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

More Group A cars on the horizon, although not strictly speaking BTCC...

Spark continue to expand their 635 Csi range with the Japanese Nagasaki Hargtge STP car just being released in ltd numbers.

A 1985 Belga Spa and ATCC Jimmy Richards are due before the end of the year along with the 1983 Bastos Spa winner.

Not hear any more from Minichamps about their next 1:43 Rovers, but apparently German and BTCC versions are going to be made in 1:18 at long long last!
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:10 (Ref:3608193)   #740
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

The Belga 635 was released last week, a ltd edition, 1000 pieces I think.

Ordered mine and looking forward to it joining my growing mini 635 fleet.

Bout time NEO did a few more Rover liveries plus Minichamps still haven't put out the Tim Harvey car in 1:43 or 1:18 and they have been coming for quite some time..
Old 1 Jul 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3656104)   #741
stevec427
Rookie

United Kingdom
stevec427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Atlas Editions BTCC models

Just wondered how many other people were collecting this range. I see the 'holy grail' of BTCC models, a decent diecast model of Cleland's 95 Cavalier 16v, is part of it! Would be good to see some pictures on here!
Old 4 Sep 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3670127)   #742
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
From 100 1:43 BTCC cars down to less than 30... this is all I have left:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7176643&type=1

Would be nice to get those sold and on their way soon as I need the money for my 1:18 Le Mans winners collection
Old 8 Sep 2016, 20:11 (Ref:3671093)   #743
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig

your link does not w, I have a non internet using friend who has started collection however not got high ££s

Thanks
Old 9 Sep 2016, 15:54 (Ref:3671266)   #744
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Works for me. Perhaps you need to be a member of that Facebook group? Sorry!
Old 13 Dec 2016, 11:42 (Ref:3695773)   #745
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec427 View Post
Just wondered how many other people were collecting this range. I see the 'holy grail' of BTCC models, a decent diecast model of Cleland's 95 Cavalier 16v, is part of it! Would be good to see some pictures on here!
Quite a few of these have been released with perhaps Win Percy's RX7 being of particular interest as this is a touring car model that no other firm has bothered to do in any form other than the Australian Group C and odd Group 2 versions?

It look as though they are making each winning car from every championship year so expect a Rouse GTV6, XR4Ti, Hodgetts Corolla and Harvey Rover soon!

Elsewhere Minichamps have released a pantheon of 1:18 635's this year but are all DPM/DTM and ETCC versions except Jim Richards ATCC version.

Some of these I find odd as they had already been produced (the Richards car was done by Autoart not all that long ago?)

I would have thought that the '83 Bastos, '84 Eggenberger might have been better choices as they are a couple of the better known non Schnitzer cars.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3728409)   #746
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
hi all

seems that this has gone real quiet but in case anyone still looks, are there any sites anywhere that have decals/templates for 1:43 scale onyx/minichamps cars, for example if I wanted to try and create a replica etc or is it a case of finding the logos online and tryingt o make them the correct size
I am not great on computers so what program is best to get the right size to then print them onto sticker paper?
Can this be a simple case of make it in paint (creating the size wanted) and then printing from word as I wouldnt want to wast a whole page of paper by printing each logo seprerate
Thanks
Old 14 Mar 2020, 15:14 (Ref:3964187)   #747
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
ANYONE STILL ON HERE?

ANYONE GOT ANY CARS 1:43 they dont want any more?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3964841)   #748
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tator2001uk View Post
ANYONE STILL ON HERE?

ANYONE GOT ANY CARS 1:43 they dont want any more?
I should probably thin out my collection - I've got far more than I can realistically display. Trouble is most are in the depths of the loft and I'd need to sort through them all (and even then working out what stays and what goes will be tough!). Is there anything specific you're looking for?
Old 21 Mar 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3966006)   #749
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
Hi BERT thanks for the reply
Mainly the mid90s onwards were my fave
not really into the older stuff like Rovers etc

Maybe drop me a message with what you have when you find it thanks

Chris
Old 15 Oct 2020, 12:47 (Ref:4010813)   #750
AndyJamesMac
Rookie

AndyJamesMac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All, Just seen the latest messages.
I have over 100 BTCC models ranging from 80's through to 1998. Been selling a few on eBay recently.
I have some which are already built by Minichamps, Onyx for example, and some I have made Code 3.
Anybody after any particular BTCC models?