Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Mar 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3384975)   #1576
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, ok, now i see it....
Old 27 Mar 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3385056)   #1577
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Strakka Dome LMP2 coupe withdraws from the Prologue due to a "late technical issue" according to autosport.com.

A bit of a shame as I was looking forward to taking a few pictures of the new car...
Old 4 Apr 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3388623)   #1578
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Minoru Hayashi reveals the monocoque of road going sportscar "TOWA".
https://twitter.com/dome_hayashi/sta...05932704751616
Old 4 Apr 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3388634)   #1579
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Minoru Hayashi reveals the monocoque of road going sportscar "TOWA".
https://twitter.com/dome_hayashi/sta...05932704751616
So he want a road car based on a GT300 tub... Interesting.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3388726)   #1580
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
"TOWA" means "eternity" in Japanese.
The children's dream of Minoru Hayashi which began from Dome ZERO ends by Dome TOWA.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3389704)   #1581
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Strakka will be doing 3 days of testing at Paul Ricard this week. I wonder if they are sharing the track with the ZEOD?

http://www.strakkaracing.com/wp/?page_id=9
Old 7 Apr 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3389752)   #1582
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Strakka will be doing 3 days of testing at Paul Ricard this week. I wonder if they are sharing the track with the ZEOD?

http://www.strakkaracing.com/wp/?page_id=9
I hope they get the new car sorted and ready to roll for Silverstone.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3392706)   #1583
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I hope they get the new car sorted and ready to roll for Silverstone.
Nope http://www.strakkaracing.com/wp/?p=1510
Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3392791)   #1584
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering Dome´s recent history, I would be very surprised if they run more than 1 hour in Le Mans.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3392812)   #1585
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I hope they get everything sorted out in time, the more different cars the better but a Dome should not be there to make up the numbers.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3392818)   #1586
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I fear that once again Dome may have produced a very complex car which may struggle in race conditions.

In that vein, while I'm hugely supportive of manufacturer diversity I wonder if we might not be better casting the vote of confidence in favour of Larbre and letting them in from the reserve list, especially given their commitment to the WEC post Le Mans.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3392825)   #1587
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I fear that once again Dome may have produced a very complex car which may struggle in race conditions.

In that vein, while I'm hugely supportive of manufacturer diversity I wonder if we might not be better casting the vote of confidence in favour of Larbre and letting them in from the reserve list, especially given their commitment to the WEC post Le Mans.
While I'd love to see Larbre ther I'm not sure if I agree. Strakka might struggle with the Dome this year but I'm sure it in time will be one of, if not the most, competitive outfits of the LMP2 field. Also I have unfounded hopes it'll eventually turn in to a LMP1 program..
Old 15 Apr 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3392830)   #1588
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I think Strakka's reluctance to enter the car in a race just yet is also down to the way the LMP2 regs are set up... once the car is homologated, they'll be very limited on the improvements they can make, so they pretty much have to get it right the first time out.

We've seen the same in rallying with the new R5 cars. I don't remember which car it was, but there was one that got pushed back more than once because the manufacturer in question wanted to make sure that they got the most out of the package before submitting it for homologation.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3392835)   #1589
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Nice new car, good aero study, but I can't be used with the vertical fin.
Yep , totally agree 100% ..... just imagine what it would look like without the fin ..... a real sportscar .

Can someone do a photo shop of what it would look like without that hideous cancerous growth on its back please .

And a debut at Le Mans ...... hopefully they will pull the plug instead of embarrasing themselves .

Last edited by The Badger; 15 Apr 2014 at 14:31.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3392836)   #1590
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What vertical fin? Oh that.......
Old 15 Apr 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3393020)   #1591
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
There is nothing wrong with the dome (chassis), Strakka didnt have themselves together for the prologue so they are forced to go with two engines the entire season. Dome doesn't make the engine, so who's to say they are at fault?
Old 16 Apr 2014, 03:45 (Ref:3393124)   #1592
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
There is nothing wrong with the dome (chassis), Strakka didnt have themselves together for the prologue so they are forced to go with two engines the entire season. Dome doesn't make the engine, so who's to say they are at fault?
As is said in the statement, the chassis needs further mileage of testing. Given the fact of a proven VK45 engine, the only reason for further private test is aero bits on the chassis
Old 16 Apr 2014, 05:05 (Ref:3393128)   #1593
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It seems like a fully integrated partnership between Strakka and Dome so if they aren't ready it's because they both don't have themselves together.

I'm not sure how, given what little information we have, you can assume anything.

The biggest reason for them wanting to get it right and not test in public (damaging their brand value) is that they want to sell cars together.

But it hardly fills you with confidence, especially given they binned off the second half of the WEC last year to work on this.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3393168)   #1594
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Theres no guessing from me. Im in agreement with you as to no one can fault any given party without specifics. So this 'Dome's complexity' is as much a guess as Strakka having funds or Nissan having engine issues as examples. They didn't clarify it, but at least they'll race this year.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3393176)   #1595
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well we all have our fingers crossed that they will show up
Old 16 Apr 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3393253)   #1596
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I guess they wouldn´t have this issues if they had chosen an Oreca, HPD, Lola, Lotus or OAK chassis. Dome is an unreliable manufacturer with a dreams of grandeur. The S102 was rarely raced and when raced it wasn´t reliable or faster and the the competence.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3393361)   #1597
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I guess they wouldn´t have this issues if they had chosen an Oreca, HPD, Lola, Lotus or OAK chassis. Dome is an unreliable manufacturer with a dreams of grandeur. The S102 was rarely raced and when raced it wasn´t reliable or faster and the the competence.
But a lot of those chassis you mention are coming to the end of their shelf-life.

I doubt any of them would generate the same sort of buzz as the Dome. It's not just a case of buying a chassis. It's about entering into a partnership and trying to build something. Which takes time.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3393447)   #1598
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The one thing Strakka don't have is a budget problem. As a company, they are developing from a simple race team into a business supplying race cars.

They've had little more than 3 months to bolt the new Strakka-Dome together so they're not about to put it in the "shop window" until it's fully sorted. What car manufacturer would?

Strakka are trying to build a commercial business, they're no longer just a competitor. Longer term, this bodes well for the Strakka-Dome brand.We've lost Lola, Courage, Pescarolo etc so it's good to have a potential new player.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3393488)   #1599
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I don't think it fair to credit Dome as an unreliable manufacturer. Dome has had some problems with the S102 mainly due to a lack of testing. Dome has showed their potential with the S101 which run proberbly and they always built very aerodynamic cars. Maybe they are sometimes a bit too complicated
. It is sad for us fans , Dome and the whole team of Strakka to miss Silverstone and Spa but it is the right decision. Many teams tried to run and sort out the problems during the races. It never worked. They all ended in a never-ending circle of problems. So it is the right way to try to solve the problems they occured during the shakedown test and the Paul Ricard test in more test mileage. The top teams don't run more than 20.000 km for no reason.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3393821)   #1600
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
What is not serious is to think that they´be able to glue everything on time with a new chassis from a manufacturer thet hasn´t been running regularly on the last 5 years.