Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Mar 2008, 07:02 (Ref:2149739)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Retro

Right !all those going,one place forward please!.I'll understand if no-one is going on Friday,in that case I'll not meet up with anyone.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2149759)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC have a stand up there, I am doing the pop up display stands for them as I type! Be sure to say hello to our Adrian (a Capri man like Mallet but we can't all be perfect ) who will be manning the stand.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2149785)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I think I'm going, it was going to be Sunday but thats been put off, so Possibly Say, maybe Fri . . .who knows in the crazy world !
Old 12 Mar 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2149807)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
I think I'm going, it was going to be Sunday but thats been put off, so Possibly Say, maybe Fri . . .who knows in the crazy world !
Well if you do come up,give me a call,I now Esper is SUPPOSED to be coming.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2149815)   #5
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
I'll be on the HSA stand all three days flogging the book!

I usually only go on the Friday so am looking forward to three days of nostalgia!

Old 12 Mar 2008, 10:36 (Ref:2149865)   #6
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Well if you do come up,give me a call,I now Esper is SUPPOSED to be coming.
Its as now go, as I know now, to much work
Old 12 Mar 2008, 15:07 (Ref:2150042)   #7
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thinking about showing up on the Friday.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2150051)   #8
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again there is an invite onto the CSCC Stand on Speed Street - do come and introduce yourselves and have a look at our calendar for Uk and Europe

I will be there Friday and Saturday - the rest of the team varies over the weekend, but I know Richard and Tony and Sim will do a MARVELLOUS job yet again for us!
Old 12 Mar 2008, 15:36 (Ref:2150062)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm there all three days on our racewear.co.uk stand, Hall 1, G34. Come up and say hello, there's only two of us on the stand so I won't get away much.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2150134)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy yourselves, one day when I retire I'll get to this.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2150152)   #11
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Friday or Saturday, not sure which yet.

Jim
Old 12 Mar 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2150292)   #12
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey. Don't forget us ''guys & girls'' in orange! The marshals stand in Hall 2 stand A30. Come and say hello.
Old 12 Mar 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2150296)   #13
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Friday on the Silverstone Classic Stand - Hall2 A14

Jeff
Old 12 Mar 2008, 22:17 (Ref:2150360)   #14
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=TorqueWench]Once again there is an invite onto the CSCC Stand on Speed Street - do come and introduce yourselves and have a look at our calendar for Uk and Europe

Last year I accepted TorqueWench's invitation to visit the CSCC stand and I ended up being deported to the colonies in the winter (although I have to say that Florida in November is very acceptable). Beware, visit at your peril, you never know where it will take you!
Old 12 Mar 2008, 22:28 (Ref:2150368)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It certainly wont take you anywhere near a kettle.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2150425)   #16
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there on Sunday.............possibly wearing some outlandish headgear as promised by my currently on honeymoon pit crew
Old 13 Mar 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2150620)   #17
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn and I'm going on Saturday! Someone please report on the headgear!
Old 15 Mar 2008, 05:33 (Ref:2152205)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Pretty good show, more of a social thing than anything else,did'nt get to all of the stands I wanted to .Saw most of the "Team" at Masters and then got way-laid by Whizzo etc.But it was worth going.Good to meet up with JohnG,Racheal,et al.I have to say I thought that Bonhams really did not have much of interest on offer,which did surprise me.Some pretty interesting cars in the private sale section though,two Granturas,oh and a particularly nice Vixen,shame there is no-where to race it.
Old 16 Mar 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2153913)   #19
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
just got back and am still blown away by the wall of death. It has to be one of the most impressive things I have seen for a long time. However my wife upstaged me by saying she saw nine bikers doing it in China!
The rally demo outside was great but very cold and the autotesting great to watch.
Fortunately I had a friend and our sons so I didn't get into the memorabilia hall in any damaging way....
as Terry said good to see some old faces after a few months closed season - cant wait to get started which sadly due to family hlidays over Easter will not be for another few weeks yet....
Old 16 Mar 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2154081)   #20
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty Vacant - don't worry, the headgear didn't make it as I didn't get it myself till we got home.................however...............it will make its debut at Snetterton
Old 16 Mar 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2154139)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
However my wife upstaged me by saying she saw nine bikers doing it in China!....
oooohh eerrr . . . . maybe not, I might get into trouble, Private eye is one thing, Viz is probably not strictly speaking 10/10ths legal
Old 18 Mar 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2155712)   #22
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well in that case another reason to go and enjoy the start of the season. Mind you if its warm you'll be the one laughing at the rest of us suffering terminal frostbite!