Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Oct 2001, 16:32 (Ref:157135)   #1
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Void

Now that the beloved Murray Walker has gone, who will replace him?

The smart money is on the guy who does the pre race interviews on ITV (Sorry - can't remember his name).

But, I would like to see Martin Havers (Eurosport and Ex radio Le-Mans commentator) flexing his face muscles on the ITV.

Comments please.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 18:58 (Ref:157183)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it Havers or Haven? He's a funny guy (my experience is from Radio Le Mans only), but he was bloody awful at talking over people - he certainly loved the sound of his own voice at Le Mans!

Old 7 Oct 2001, 18:59 (Ref:157184)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whoops, forgot to say, isn't James Allen (your pitlane man) the dead cert? I thought he had the job anyway? (Another with Le Mans experience!)

Old 7 Oct 2001, 20:09 (Ref:157201)   #4
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Whoops, forgot to say, isn't James Allen (your pitlane man) the dead cert? I thought he had the job anyway? (Another with Le Mans experience!)

personally i cant stand james allen as i feel he brings no emotion into his commentating. having said that, he willl probably get the job as he has got the exeperience from where he's filled in in the past for dear old murray.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 20:42 (Ref:157221)   #5
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Is it Havers or Haven? He's a funny guy (my experience is from Radio Le Mans only), but he was bloody awful at talking over people - he certainly loved the sound of his own voice at Le Mans!

martin haven used to do our f3 commentary!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 09:33 (Ref:157374)   #6
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely they can find someone more exciting than James Allen.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 11:33 (Ref:157411)   #7
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
Surely they can find someone more exciting than James Allen.
You mean Jamezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Allen ...

I've said it before: BRING BACK BEN EDWARDS!!!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 12:32 (Ref:157430)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In an ideal world, I'd choose Ian Titchmarsh and Paul Truswell - the two most enthusiastic, knowledgeable and entertaining commentators I've ever had the pleasure to listen to.

Old 8 Oct 2001, 20:35 (Ref:157731)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BEN EDWARDS!!!!

Who did the Radio Le Mans commentary this year cos they werent bad.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 15:07 (Ref:158063)   #10
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan Titchmarsh would be better than James Allen.

Even Murray criticised his lack of enthusiasm, and he never says anything out of line. Unfortunately, he already has the job.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 15:44 (Ref:158077)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah James Allen seems to ahve it. Not fair if you ask me, Ben Edwards has much mroe character and verve, and serious enthusiasm. All the same, James did call his son Enzeo so he must have some interest.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 15:59 (Ref:158081)   #12
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either that or he's a bit of a sad case :confused: