Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 28 Jul 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1666875)   #1
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What is the "one" car, what is your "Unicorn"

If you had to pick the ONE car that you would want above all others, and why... lets try to be original - and not just claim that you'd want the fastest or anything like that.

**Unicorn: the mythical beast that couldn't be tamed - gone in 60 ref**

Mine...

The ITAL DESIGN BMW NAZCA C2 SPYDER

I believe a japanese businessman owns this one of a kind, for a cool £2,750,000... it is for me, the ultimate car... the one defining vehicle that represents everything that is right, good and moral in the world - with this car 'there is hope' ... this is the one car I could live with for the rest of my life.. to see it in the flesh is a truly humbling experience...

http://www.subito.net/xx96/cars/imag...design)_01.jpg

So, c'mon guys...

what car makes ya go weak at the knees?
Old 29 Jul 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1666916)   #2
simonfa
Rookie

England
England
simonfa has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

tooooooo many to choose from !
Old 29 Jul 2006, 05:31 (Ref:1666971)   #3
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old Dunger of a Ferrari

<- <- <- look at the Avatar

Not really a hard question!! Can you ask me a question on Sport ??
Old 29 Jul 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1667066)   #4
Dex
Racer

Dex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old Nail.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1669428)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
Old Nail.
That's no way to talk about a 275GTB-4 ........ oh, you mean Gerry Marshall's
old racer, don't you? Not sure I'd want to take it on the road, though!

Predictable, I know, but for me, it would have to be an Aston. I'd like any Aston, but I guess the holy grail would be the DB4GT Zagato. Why? The sound of that straight six, the shape of that lovely Zagato body, and did I mention the fact that it is an Aston?
Old 1 Aug 2006, 01:33 (Ref:1669535)   #6
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Oi!! No arguing at the back.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1670384)   #7
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, since I have to pick only one car I would need it to do everything. Entertain me, be comfortable, luxurious, fast as a bullet but it will need to have trunk to carry the luggage/groceries and back seats to carry the kids/dogs (whichever I choose to have.....not entirely convinced of the extra benefits of having a kid instead of a dog....).

Anyway....the answer seems pretty obvious but just in case you haven't figured it out it is the BMW M5 of course.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1670397)   #8
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
Well, since I have to pick only one car I would need it to do everything. Entertain me, be comfortable, luxurious, fast as a bullet but it will need to have trunk to carry the luggage/groceries and back seats to carry the kids/dogs (whichever I choose to have.....not entirely convinced of the extra benefits of having a kid instead of a dog....).

Anyway....the answer seems pretty obvious but just in case you haven't figured it out it is the BMW M5 of course.
So kids and dogs have to share the back seat? Far from an ideal solution I would have thought. Maybe a Touring 5 series would be better.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1670402)   #9
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A vintage 1929 four-and-a-half-litre Bentley. In black. With red leather interior.

I'll concede that there may be other makes of car, but there is surely nothing else worth considering.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1670403)   #10
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
So kids and dogs have to share the back seat? Far from an ideal solution I would have thought. Maybe a Touring 5 series would be better.
Mhhhh, well if the make an M5 touring then perhaps.....However, if they don't like it they can take the bus .....the dogs I mean of course
Old 1 Aug 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1670409)   #11
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
Mhhhh, well if the make an M5 touring then perhaps.....However, if they don't like it they can take the bus .....the dogs I mean of course
You can't put dogs on the bus!!!

They don't have anywhere to keep their loose change, let alone the opposable thumbs needed to count out the fare.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1670414)   #12
Sharky
Veteran

I'm sure that a good charitable passenger will help them with that.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1670613)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Oi!! No arguing at the back.
Well I would have reckoned that any car from this period (1950s?) of this type, I would have recognised. It's very pretty but it pains me to admit (and I've even tried to zoom in on the badge) that I don't actually know what it is. It is reminiscent of OSCA or Pegaso. Please enlighten me, Slippy Diff.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1671587)   #14
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have 2 cars that I would love to own..

A mk2 Ford Cortina 1600E
My late father had one and I loved it.....Pretty low tech and easy to maintain but to me it looked beautiful in Aubergene and nice shiny Rothstyles..

Second is an Audi Quattro.......The origional type that is derived directly from the GpB rally cars.....
Old 3 Aug 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1672064)   #15
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aston Martin Vanquish. Ever since I saw it in the James Bond movie "Die Another Day," I thought this car just had to be mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin Vanquish.jpg  
Old 3 Aug 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1672245)   #16
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You can't put dogs on the bus!!!

They don't have anywhere to keep their loose change, let alone the opposable thumbs needed to count out the fare.
There is a dog in York that gets the bus everyday from a village a few miles away, spends the day in York and comes home again. Dogs get free rides in Yorkshire.
Old 12 Aug 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1680813)   #17
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm, let me think
Old 15 Aug 2006, 03:20 (Ref:1682793)   #18
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a child, for me it was the Lamborghini Countach, but since i was a teenager it has been the F-40. The performance, the image, the looks, the sound......
Old 15 Aug 2006, 04:49 (Ref:1682831)   #19
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Please enlighten me, Slippy Diff.
And Slippy said "Osca MT4 1500 Vignale Berlinetta". Go forth and spout its beautifulness.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1683197)   #20
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which one? (if any of these) link

I can't say I have "one" car, it depends on a bit more detail, eg if it had to be your only car the answer would obviously change. If pressed I would be interested in a Ferrari 330 LMB.

Last edited by johnh875; 15 Aug 2006 at 13:02.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 01:58 (Ref:1688426)   #21
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't think of one specifically I'd like to have. There's about a million of them. Maybe the '79 Ford F-150 my dad had when I was a kid, but that's more of a personal thing.

J.D.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1688812)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I have always thought that if someone gave me a huge sum specifically to be spent on a car, I would much rather prefer to spend the money on buying several different cars.

If I really was limited to only one, then it would have to be something practical for daily use, rather than an ultimate piece of exotica. Probably an M5 or M6 or the comparable type of Mercedes.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1689060)   #23
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar E type, or Aston DB5, or an old merc SL something.... stunning cars.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1693855)   #24
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lambourghini Diablo for me, in either yellow or the orange, and its got to have a rear spoiler or the race carbon wing, and an extra loud exhaust with the flames poping out mind you, the black lambo at Lemans this year was very nice too.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1697022)   #25
Paul V
Racer

Paul V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One Lancia Stratos in forest trim
One Lancia Stratos in tarmac trim
Some forest and some tarmac - Simple
Oh, and an Alfa SZ (ES30) for the trip home