Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Jul 2002, 15:13 (Ref:325228)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You may have seen this Damon picture

As a relatively new member to this forum I have found it great to be able to communicate with like minded enthusiasts.
I know some members have checked out my website and will have seen this painting on the site.
I painted it in 1998 and it was commissioned by Damon Hill. He published it as his official print showing his last GP win at Spa. The original was 40 x 30ins and Damon has the painting at home.
It was advertised extensively in the usual racing magazines at the time and quickly sold out, marketed by Damon's Fan club.
You may or may not be familiar with my name from these ads and from other prints that have been published.
I am very proud of this one, the background detail took ages! - Damon also used it for his personal Xmas card.
Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
spa98.jpg  
Old 2 Jul 2002, 13:51 (Ref:325870)   #2
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how long on average does it take you to complete a painting?
Old 2 Jul 2002, 13:55 (Ref:325873)   #3
racerratt692
Rookie

racerratt692 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kool pic!!

do you have a template as to were you can fit any other formula car?!
that would be a great seller!
Old 2 Jul 2002, 14:00 (Ref:325879)   #4
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember seeing a painting of David Coulthard at the brazillian Gp in 95 in a very similar style to yours.
It wasn't you was it?

It had a similar configuration to your "First to Forty" painting.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 15:04 (Ref:325910)   #5
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
alesi95, Hi again..It depends how big a painting is and how complicated. This Damon one took 3 weeks solid, 7 days a week 7am-11pm.
Other smaller less complicated ones take about a week. Depends on the scene and background detail really but research can also add considerably to the lead time if it is an obscure subject with little info.
The DC print you are talking about was not mine, not sure which one you mean. I have done 2 DC paintings for driver signed prints 'Master of Melbourne' and 'Braveheart'.
Racerratt692 - thanks for your input, a did an F3 painting from a very similar viewpoint for American driver Jeffrey Jones. His father saw the Damon one and wanted something slightly similar but obviously with the different signs, fewer people etc. that you get at F3 races.
It too was 40 x 30ins and this is also on my website under 'prints'. However it was easy to be inspired to do this one as so much in the background had changed along with car and totally different weather, therefore a whole new painting.
But no , I would never just add in another car like a template to a once painted background.