Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Sep 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2544080)   #1551
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aston Martins are newer, and I'd assume easier to work with than the diesels. And they'd likely get more support than they had with Audi. I'm not saying it's going to fix the team's problems, but why would Kolles not want a potentially faster and more capable car?
Old 19 Sep 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2544084)   #1552
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Because Kolles also runs Audis in DTM ?
Old 19 Sep 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2544089)   #1553
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
I don't think Audi really cares if Kolles stays loyal to the brand.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2544096)   #1554
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the only reason Kolles is in the LMS is Audi!

L.P.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2544099)   #1555
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
I don't think he's there on Audi's insistance. If he wants to be anything other than a backmarker in DTM or LMS, he's going to need something a bit better than outdated Audis.
Old 20 Sep 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2544117)   #1556
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I think the only reason Kolles is in the LMS is Audi!

L.P.
That's the point. Spotting the Kolles cars... there is no sponsorship. And right from the start as a rookie team Kolles is running two R10's... new stuff, equipment, spare parts etc. and at the Nürbergring I was surprised to see also all the tractors and trailers are brand new... so who is paying all the bills?

Old 20 Sep 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2544121)   #1557
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
That's the point. Spotting the Kolles cars... there is no sponsorship. And right from the start as a rookie team Kolles is running two R10's... new stuff, equipment, spare parts etc. and at the Nürbergring I was surprised to see also all the tractors and trailers are brand new... so who is paying all the bills?

Yep!

L.P.
Old 20 Sep 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2544122)   #1558
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
I don't think he's there on Audi's insistance. If he wants to be anything other than a backmarker in DTM or LMS, he's going to need something a bit better than outdated Audis.

That is something we disagree on, as I think they are an Audi B-team! And as such has zero interest in the Lola AMR cars!

L.P.
Old 20 Sep 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2544349)   #1559
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
For what purpose? If you can neither drive nor engineer effectively what you've got.....?
Im not surprised the bears dinner invite got lost in the post . ..... shame he wasnt missed at the reception
Old 20 Sep 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2544352)   #1560
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post

Dont ask about where the money comes from ..... its not something to speak about I heard .

For a dentist , he has come an awful long way .
Old 20 Sep 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2544393)   #1561
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
I don't recall his DTM cars having much sponsorship recently either. Didn't Albers drive a car colored only after his helmet design?
Old 20 Sep 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2544409)   #1562
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kolles get alot of € from Audi, and support for that matter.

As for Drayson they looked at the AMR car for next year but knowing AM was looking to bring the new car out next year they didn't want to end up in the same boat as try have with the Vantage.
Old 20 Sep 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2544572)   #1563
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, will there ba any teams running a Vantage next year?
Old 21 Sep 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2544619)   #1564
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I dont think anyone will.

Drayson has stepped up to LMP1 and Hexis are looking at GT1. Has JWA still got their Vantage? Then there is Hong Kong Racing and who knows what they're plans are.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2544631)   #1565
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Drayson has stepped up to LMP1 and Hexis are looking at GT1. Has JWA still got their Vantage? Then there is Hong Kong Racing and who knows what they're plans are.

Doubt it, as James Watt ran a Porsche at Silverstone last week, and Team HK is just doing Asia apparently.

Guess that's it for this model.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 02:03 (Ref:2544635)   #1566
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
AMR should run a pair of the V-8 Vantage GT-2s next year as they seem to be done in P-1 until 2011 and the intro of their own complete car. It would keep the team in shape on pit road and develop the car, which it sorely needs. GT-2 is the class/car of the future for GT! But...

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 06:49 (Ref:2544687)   #1567
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
AMR should run a pair of the V-8 Vantage GT-2s next year as they seem to be done in P-1 until 2011 and the intro of their own complete car. It would keep the team in shape on pit road and develop the car, which it sorely needs. GT-2 is the class/car of the future for GT! But...

L.P.
I second that. It's said to see Mr. Dave Richards going all F1 Horny again,forgetting all other kinds of racing. Without Prodrive,I don't see anything happening with the LMP1's next year let alone the cool Vantage GT2...
Old 21 Sep 2009, 07:24 (Ref:2544702)   #1568
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I second that. It's said to see Mr. Dave Richards going all F1 Horny again,forgetting all other kinds of racing. Without Prodrive,I don't see anything happening with the LMP1's next year let alone the cool Vantage GT2...
Relax!.. Dave Richards has said that the AMR (not Prodrive) Le Mans program would not be affected by any programs done by Prodrive!.
AMR and Prodrive is 2 different things, but share an owner. (as far as i know)
Old 21 Sep 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2544738)   #1569
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Relax!.. Dave Richards has said that the AMR (not Prodrive) Le Mans program would not be affected by any programs done by Prodrive!.
AMR and Prodrive is 2 different things, but share an owner. (as far as i know)
It's all a bit mixed up. DR owns Prodrive which runs AMR and other motorsport teams. DR is also the face o the group that owns AM. The racing program has been good for AM and I do think they'll let it go.

Work hasn't stopped on the vantage but in it's current state no one will run it. JWA arnt happy with theirs. AMR should enter a full season somewhere and get it upto speed and make it able to run till te end of the race. But has the damage already been done?
Old 21 Sep 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2544747)   #1570
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
It's all a bit mixed up. DR owns Prodrive which runs AMR and other motorsport teams. DR is also the face o the group that owns AM. The racing program has been good for AM and I do think they'll let it go.

Work hasn't stopped on the vantage but in it's current state no one will run it. JWA arnt happy with theirs. AMR should enter a full season somewhere and get it upto speed and make it able to run till te end of the race. But has the damage already been done?
Well if Prodrive runs AMR's racing programs, then the funding doesn't come from Prodrive, so there really shouldn't be any problems, except from that the LMP crew might go to F1!?.
But i don't see AMR stopping in Le Mans racing until after 2013 (where the new car is 3 years old, and therefor not very competitive)
Old 21 Sep 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2544763)   #1571
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Yes, JWA still have their Vantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Doubt it, as James Watt ran a Porsche at Silverstone last week, and Team HK is just doing Asia apparently.

Guess that's it for this model.
Just because JWA ran the 997 at Silverstone, doesn't mean the Vantage won't be raced again.

Tom.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2544774)   #1572
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
So, a very obvious question here? How come they ran the 997, not the Vantage?
Old 21 Sep 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2544780)   #1573
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
So, a very obvious question here? How come they ran the 997, not the Vantage?
JWA ran the 997 at Silverstone, because Paul Daniels owns the car and paid JWA to run it.

Tom.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2545047)   #1574
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
How is Prodrive going F1 / why is this current topic right now? Spots are filled, even if one team fails to show up, just been sold ex-BMW-Sauber will fill that and Renault is probably not quitting now that the team was spared. Also Prodrive wasn't looking at the last available spot on the grid (after BMW announced withdrawal). iirc, FIA named the teams that were looking at it and Prodrive wasn't one of them.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2545104)   #1575
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The F1 forum is full of rumour that DR will take over at Renault.
Though one genius has pointed out that 'like for like' they get Peter Stringfellow!
I suspect DR has got what he wanted out of his F1 statements, and AMR will stay right where they should be.