Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Dec 2003, 13:53 (Ref:822572)   #1
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brit F3: qualifying...?

On page 7 of that estimable organ "Motorsport News" (Xmas Edition) there is printed, under the headline "Timetable is Set in Stone", well, sort of alongside it really, the new timetable for F3/GT events.

Now, I'm all in favour of having one of the GT races on the Saturday, so we don't have to sit through two on the Sunday (*yawn*), but I notice that there is only one F3 Qualifying session listed.

Is that right? Are the regs changing to have single qualifying and then a 2-leg race like Macau and Korea, or is it simply a misprint?

Anyone who knows, please say... Will it make the Saturday less attractive for F3 spectators?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 13:57 (Ref:822576)   #2
Muttley
Rookie

Muttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly, the result of race 1 will be the grid for race 2.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 14:02 (Ref:822582)   #3
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah the result of race 1 was the grid for race 2 was what was done in korea. im not a fan of this at all though. not in anyway.

i also hate the way the euroseries is done. quali for race 2 first then quali for race 1, race 1, then race 2. thats just silly.

there should be a quali session for the first race, then the race. then the same for race 2 a day later. thats just my opinion. to even things out i guess. but we would have to look at the other events taking place on the track.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 14:16 (Ref:822587)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't the session pencilled in for 30 minutes? Maybe the first 15 minutes could be for race 1, the second for race 2. To be honest, after the first ten minutes F3 qualifying can bring on an onset of the Zs anyway.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 12:57 (Ref:823546)   #5
Mathias
Veteran

England
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying is never a particularly interesting spectacle to watch at a circuit anyway - unless you've got real-time access to all the timings! Its best feature is that if you're, to quote the Sugababes, a geek like me it enables you to take snaps of cars at high speed without losing track of what's going on in the race...

But, hmmmm, I think there must be someone in the know who can fill us in...
Old 30 Dec 2003, 19:30 (Ref:823787)   #6
Dangerous games
Racer

Dangerous games should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i don't like the sound of this, because if a car pulls out of the first race and is inline for the championship then he has to start at the back!? not fair!!
Old 31 Dec 2003, 13:02 (Ref:824522)   #7
Mathias
Veteran

England
Er, it is fair - you have to think of it in terms of it being one race: in which case, being able to start at the back is a second chance.

It's still a cr*p idea though.