Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Apr 2005, 17:21 (Ref:1290248)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New 9 car garage guilty pleasure thing

ok the brain bashing ten car garage thread gave me this idea.
what would be the 10 guilty pleasure autos you'd have in that garage?
now the difference is nothing is a "supercar" but vehicles with a history or cache (replicas and such are ok-are you guilty of a lamorghini built on a fiero chassis? yuck)
luxury auto
people carrier
roadster
weekend hooligan
working type (pickup truck and such)
formal events car
Track day
commuter
"classic"
for me it would be
1) A guilty luxury car for me is an old 1975 450 6.9 mercedes (i love the up rightness of the shape-always luxury always mercedes)
2)1968 ford econoline van all done up of course-man those are ugly)
3)a guilty roadster is tough but i have a love for those slow as molasses honda 800's from the early 60's- but i would undoubtedly sink 10k in search of speed...alas
4)my weekend hooligan auto actually-while it could be any of the cars this one is special for being noisy smokey and an alarm setoffer a Ford T bucket with a 429 FE, and big pipes and fats and skinnies for tires so loud ugly and can't handle for poop- but man does it go in a straight line
5)guilty working type? why a Sprinter of Course- if i could get it whith a fifth wheel even better- but than a FUll Dodge Cummins duel-lie with a banks kit might be nice- so much smoke so much noise! Engine braking!
6) guilty pleasure For formal events, i don't see how i could go with a proper new sedan/saloon but an AMG Hammer is always the coolest too bad the new AMG's aren't as menacing
7)Track day
this is the guiltiest part of it all, it would be Screaming good fun to have one of the original BTCC 1967 Ford Galaxie 7 litre cars to tear it up with, and new disc brakes naturally. or a BTCC front driver, like the Mondeos, or Nissan Primera- because it is wrong wheel driven and they still kick rear.
(is a Supertruck possible? because my avatar says it all for guilty pleasures)
8)a commuter? a Smart car by brabus is a giulty choice, but i would go for that nissan micra, with that Primera mid engine layout- ha ha- the coolest
9)a classic guilty pleasure -a morgan 3 wheeler of course! that runs.