Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2001, 21:23 (Ref:72855)   #1
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER was blasted by Ferrari team-mate Rubens Barrichello after the German roared to his sixth straight Grand Prix win in rain-lashed Malaysia.

The Brazilian was furious with world champion Schumacher for overtaking him after Barrichello had radioed the team to suggest the duo maintain positions until the treacherous track improved.

He felt Schumacher did not play the game when he roared past on lap 12 as he tip-toed around the dangerous circuit.

Runner-up Barrichello, who is normally all smiles after a successful run, stood grim-faced on the podium.

And he refused to acknowledge record-breaker Schumacher, who became the only living driver to notch up six straight wins.

Barrichello said: "I was a bit sad. I told our technical director Ross Brawn I would be taking care because there were so many puddles on the track.

"I lost some momentum and Michael took his chance. I thought a team-mate would have stayed more composed.

"I probably wouldn't have won the race because I had to still make an extra pit-stop."

Later Barrichello told a group of Brazilians: "I would love to talk more about the situation but I have to see if the team will let me."

Brawn said: "It's no big deal and it WAS discussed. Rubens wasn't happy but the strength of the team is that we discuss these things.

"Maybe Michael could have waited and got by later on."

Schumacher said: "Rubens lost his momentum when he was held up by a Jordan and I saw no reason not to go for it.

"He knows we are equals and you have to fight for your positions."

Schumacher now has maximum points in his title defence despite an early scare when he slid off the circuit during the sudden downpour.

He added: "I thought my chances were finished when I lost control in the wet and the barrier was looming. Luckily I managed to avoid hitting anything and put it back on the track.

"This may have looked a comfortable win because we chose the right tyres but the rest of the races won't be as easy.

"It's nice to have another record but what really matters to me is how many races and championships you win — and how you win them."
Old 19 Mar 2001, 22:04 (Ref:72875)   #2
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I must say, that I feel that Barrichello is complaining too much. Maybe he's just sick of constantly being in the shadow of TGF or something, I don't know.
Old 19 Mar 2001, 23:08 (Ref:72899)   #3
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is just ridiculous...

I actually quite like Rubinho, but this is just silly...what on earth is he on about?

Lets put a different twist on this...imagine it is Mika and David...with David saying that Mika was bad for overtaking him, because he had a right to be in front, even though he was being chicken and too scared to play in the puddles... it just would not happen. We would all be shocked.

How can any driver expect to be treated with kid gloves in F1???

Madness...pure madness...

Someone buy Rubinho a nappy....
Old 20 Mar 2001, 00:48 (Ref:72919)   #4
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dumb comment by Rubens. But it's probably blown up by the media anyway.
Old 20 Mar 2001, 01:27 (Ref:72930)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he's playing Senna and Prost with his teammate - but he'll have to realise soon that there are no gentlemen racers any more and start turning it on.

Since Prost used to whinge a lot about Senna doing the same kind of things to him, I probably can't say a lot against the technique.....
Old 20 Mar 2001, 02:06 (Ref:72935)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It all reminds me of the Villeneuve-Pironi feud. As Liz, said Rubens is expecting too much from a modern F1 racer, such as Schumacher.

It had nothing to do with either driver's right to be infront (although we all know with Ferrari, that only one driver will ever win as long as another is the other is still on the track), it was that under the conditions a pass risked putting them both out. Schumacher took the risk...

Maybe Rubens should consider a move to McLaren next year..
Old 20 Mar 2001, 03:03 (Ref:72942)   #7
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

RB KNOWS there aren't gentlemen racers anymore!
Old 20 Mar 2001, 03:37 (Ref:72947)   #8
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay

Maybe Rubens should consider a move to McLaren next year..

I dont think Ron Dennis is that stupid..at least not yet anyway. Barrichelo should'nt be in a Ferrari or a Mclaren or a Williams for that matter - he deserves to be driving a Jaguar or a Benetton.

And I dont think Barrichelo's own driving is anything close to "gentlemenly" for him to expect the same from others.

Barrichelo made a big deal out of being "1b" to Michael but the fact is that he's still getting his butt kicked either way, call him 1b, 1c number 2 - whatever.
Old 20 Mar 2001, 04:12 (Ref:72949)   #9
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
It all reminds me of the Villeneuve-Pironi feud.
Really?

"Thought without knowledge is a trap, as knowledge without thought is a snare" Chiu Kung
Old 20 Mar 2001, 04:54 (Ref:72952)   #10
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'OOPS

Chiu Lung's saying is.....

"Knowledge without thought is a trap....as thought without knowledge is a snare"

By correcting my mistake I am back in class.... this time as the student!

I had previously posted this a few months back when I had become very ticked off at some stupid comments that were made about fighter pilots in another thread (my father & uncle were USAAC and USAF pilots). I don't post very often any more though I do keep tabs on the "thoughts/opinions" expressed in the threads. After reading a number of the threads today....from conspiracy theories & fixed races to the reprise of the Gilles/Pironi feud..... I couldn't keep quiet any longer (by doing so I was breaking idea #3) si here goes.......

"in my 30 years of teaching there were 3 basic ideas I attempted to instill in my students no matter what class they were in. I have been retired for a year or so yet after reading some of the garbage in this thread and others..... I think that class is back in session......I always believed that if my students left me and remembered only these 3 little ideas and followed them, then I had done an OK job.....

#1 "Knowledge without thought is a trap... as thought without knowledge is a snare." Chiu Kung.... Chinese philosopher

#2 Know the difference between being stupid and being ignorant..... ignorant is when we don't know any better ( it is ok to make a mistake.. just use it as a learning experience).... stupid is when we do know better and yet..........

#3 One must take responsibility for one's ACTIONS and INACTIONS. "

well.... got that off my chest..... I should be good for another 6 months or so....... and thankfully quiet!

Murph
Old 20 Mar 2001, 13:10 (Ref:73008)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I think he's playing Senna and Prost with his teammate - but he'll have to realise soon that there are no gentlemen racers any more and start turning it on.

Since Prost used to whinge a lot about Senna doing the same kind of things to him, I probably can't say a lot against the technique.....
Yeah but they were good at it. I don't think RB could even start to dent TGF's ego do you?

I expect its one of those "media" things again. Unless RB really does believe he's that good.
Old 21 Mar 2001, 08:29 (Ref:73248)   #12
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the driver's news conference Rubinho offered that "Michael is a hell of a driver, but I wish I could have a bit of his luck." He complained of collecting more gravel than the German during their early excursion, necessitating another stop.

Sturm und Drang within teams . . . as old as the wheel itself.