Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2001, 14:31 (Ref:186197)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Allard J2X

Did someone mention this car a few weeks back? Just found a couple of pics (sadly not mine).

Here's the first one....
Old 15 Dec 2001, 14:33 (Ref:186198)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's try again, shall we....

Here's the first one........

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Mar 2010 at 20:44.
Old 15 Dec 2001, 14:40 (Ref:186199)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
....and here's the second...

According to Autosport back in 1993, the car was set to make its race debut at Le Mans that year. Robs Lamplough and Bob Pond bought the car for £80,000 (wow!), and it was said that the car would be run by Yves Courage, with Jean-Louis Ricci and Henri Pescarolo at the wheel. Possibly Lamplough himself as well.

By the time of the second pic, the car had made its testing debut at La Sarthe (I believe with Lamplough at the wheel). Despite running a very down-on-power Ford DFR engine, it was 23rd fastest out of 31 cars and "looks likely to compete in June" said Autosport.

The car certainly looks sensational and it's a real shame it never made it. Does anyone know more as to why it didn't (I'm guessing finance?), and where it is now?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Mar 2010 at 20:44.
Old 15 Dec 2001, 20:20 (Ref:186291)   #4
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*picturing an open top version ... drool*
Old 15 Dec 2001, 20:24 (Ref:186293)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
picturing a FAST racing version ... drool*

SL
Old 16 Dec 2001, 00:17 (Ref:186375)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems that Oreca are taking a close look at the J2X for design clues for their 2002 Dallara-Judd.
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.rallyforum.com/forums/sho...threadid=32535
(page 1, scroll down)
Old 9 Feb 2002, 21:37 (Ref:213247)   #7
Kid Prozac
Racer

Kid Prozac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgotten Sports Prototypes - Allard J2X

does anyone ever know what happenened to the Allard J2X wsc? this car was built for the 91 season, and was of a radical design. what i am looking for is photos and details of it. i know it was entered for the suzuka 500km in 1992 under the terai engineering banner but did not run. The car was revolutionary. i know it was displayed at autosport international in 1991. any help would be very much appreciated. thanksalot
Old 9 Feb 2002, 22:22 (Ref:213351)   #8
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car was introduced to the press, and the "entire world", in january 1992, at the Autosport Show, and was just attractive in its "Momo" livery.
Allard, owned by Gp. drivers Costas Los, JL Ricci and some members of the Allard family had big plans for the car. By the way the same group of people was involved with Spice back then...
The car was announced as revolutionary, there were even rumours that the drivers may be forced to wear jet fighter pilot anti-G overalls, because of the very high level of downforce achieved during wind tunnel testing....
Unfortunately Spice and Allard went into financial troubles, the only car was bought by Robs Lamplough that brought the car at the LM test days in 1993, later in the year he went to USA, where it compete in one of the mid season race, finishing.
More infos (in french, and a picture, can be found at www.gto-racing.nexen.net.
Old 9 Feb 2002, 22:38 (Ref:213373)   #9
Es Nes
Veteran

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/allard.htm

http://www.wevo.com/specialv.htm
Old 12 Feb 2002, 03:17 (Ref:214368)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm sure I posted a couple of pictures of this glorious-looking machine a month or more back. I'll have to see if I can find the thread.......
Old 12 Feb 2002, 03:28 (Ref:214370)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've found the original thread and merged it with Kid Prozac's later one.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Feb 2002 at 03:32.
Old 12 Feb 2002, 19:57 (Ref:214803)   #12
Es Nes
Veteran

do you have a larger version of the second pic you posted aysedasi?
Old 12 Feb 2002, 20:45 (Ref:214853)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Having numbered them the wrong way round (!), I presume you mean allard01? It can be done, but I should stress the fact that the picture was not one of mine, I snipped it from Autosport at the time. What sort of size are you after?
Old 12 Feb 2002, 21:42 (Ref:214936)   #14
Es Nes
Veteran

im not sure, just larger? is that the orginal size of the picture? if so, then nevermind. lol