Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 27 Feb 2004, 10:35 (Ref:887173)   #1
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrick to IRL not gonna happen

Story from grandprix.com Also on IndyStar. Apparently he hasn't been able to raise the necessary cash, despite the big name (?) driver. Is the ChampCar operation closed too?
Old 27 Feb 2004, 11:35 (Ref:887223)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ChampCar team is seemingly gone, with Kevin Kalhoven having bought it and distributed its remnants between Rocketsports and RuSport. The chances are that the Indy 500 will be Pat's last ever racing commitment.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 17:27 (Ref:887522)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a shame when a 2 time 500 winner, like Unser, along with a 3 time winner as owner, Patrick, don't have enough appeal to get decent sponsorship. What a winning combination that is! For that team to slip through somebodies fingers is really mind-boggling.

Geez, it makes you wonder what potential sponsors are thinking... :confused:

And Sarah Fisher, the only female and always the most popular, still only has the 500 ride. I don't get that one either...

Danica Patrick
Old 27 Feb 2004, 19:26 (Ref:887612)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well if we were in charge...
but perhaps the big Trans-am announcement is PAtrick.
maybe he is setting up shop there this is purely rumor no foundation, but PG has a big announcement at the relaunch for TA I wonder who the new team/driver will be- he did allude it would be form NASCAR ranks however...
Old 27 Feb 2004, 19:58 (Ref:887642)   #5
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry gt, but I've heard enough "big announcements" from PG to last a lifetime, and really, I could care less what he does with either of his series anymore.

For all intents and purposes, he's ruined Trans Am, and will probably do the same for Champ Cars, just give him some time, and the thought that Patrick would go there at his stage of life, seems to be abit of a stretch.

I'm just glad I didn't own a Trans Am car, because Gentilozzi has made them worthless...

Danica Patrick
Old 27 Feb 2004, 20:03 (Ref:887645)   #6
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Sorry gt, but I've heard enough "big announcements" from PG to last a lifetime, and really, I could care less what he does with either of his series anymore.

For all intents and purposes, he's ruined Trans Am, and will probably do the same for Champ Cars, just give him some time, and the thought that Patrick would go there at his stage of life, seems to be abit of a stretch.

I'm just glad I didn't own a Trans Am car, because Gentilozzi has made them worthless...
Hey, GP, check your PM, dude
'Tis a shame about Patrick and the demise of a once great and proud team
BTW, I agree with what GP said. As they say "great minds..."
(but a on the sentiment...not GP's but on what's happening right now)
Old 28 Feb 2004, 02:19 (Ref:887926)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
I checked out that PM again, and your right, "great minds do..."

Its getting scary MLM!

Danica Patrick
Old 28 Feb 2004, 02:44 (Ref:887935)   #8
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Espeically when it's like MY warped mind, hehe
However (all kidding aside) it's true about the sentiment
BTW, this is off-topic (I know,WRONG FORUM :P) but I read a rumour at both Track Forum and at www.autoracing1.com that maybe a former CART driver MAY have signed on to be a test-pilot with Minardi.
(*THIS IS A RUMOUR,SO FAR.....I just read it*)
Old 28 Feb 2004, 03:06 (Ref:887945)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're talking Townsend Bell or Oriol Servia I assume, hence related to Patrick Racing.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 12:57 (Ref:889093)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I now understand that the driver linked with Minardi is Tiago Monteiro.