Rookie

United States
Austin, Texas
vin13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
My mates Porsche in central Austin...

Attachment 35535

The foundation for most of the buildings at our circuit is now being poured...
Noticed that outside my apartments a month or two back and loved the plates. Great looking car
Old 1 Nov 2011, 00:16 (Ref:2979890)   #202
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Welcome to the forum Vin13 !!!

Yes that car is a beauty..

Do you know were the Cool River Cafe is located?
Old 1 Nov 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2980236)   #203
vin13
Rookie

United States
Austin, Texas
vin13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Welcome to the forum Vin13 !!!

Yes that car is a beauty..

Do you know were the Cool River Cafe is located?
Yea, its actually really, really close. I've been meaning to make it out to at least one watch party this year. Two more chances I suppose.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 19:02 (Ref:2980278)   #204
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Ecclestone, and others, have some doubts about Austin GP.

http://www.pitpass.com/45132-Ecclest...oubt-on-Austin

And don't expect any sympathy from him if it does run into real trouble. Not now that he's got what he really wants where he really wants it.

But I do personally hope that both go ahead without any problems.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2980379)   #205
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Ecclestone, and others, have some doubts about Austin GP.

http://www.pitpass.com/45132-Ecclest...oubt-on-Austin

And don't expect any sympathy from him if it does run into real trouble. Not now that he's got what he really wants where he really wants it.

But I do personally hope that both go ahead without any problems.
I can only divulge this, there have been some changes made.. I am not at liberty to say any more..

The Circuit is on schedule and the race will happen on November 18th 2012 ..
Old 1 Nov 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2980397)   #206
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I can only divulge this, there have been some changes made.. I am not at liberty to say any more..

The Circuit is on schedule and the race will happen on November 18th 2012 ..
Let's just hope it isn't a one off as Bernie gets watery eyed about his New Jersey dream GP.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2980414)   #207
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Let's just hope it isn't a one off as Bernie gets watery eyed about his New Jersey dream GP.
We would just use it for other things...

This facility is not F1 reliant..
Old 2 Nov 2011, 01:41 (Ref:2980424)   #208
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
We would just use it for other things...

This facility is not F1 reliant..
I'm aware of that but it would be a shame if it only hosted one GP after all the hype.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 02:59 (Ref:2980438)   #209
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's America and Texas. The track will be built.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2980632)   #210
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's US and Texas ! The track will be built.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2980655)   #211
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I don't think that there is much doubt that the track will be built, but will it be used for its intended purpose of staging the US GP ?

I hear that there is already some bitterness about the race in Texas having to use public money, whereas the race in New York apparently does not. There is also a feeling (from what I hear from friends/family in Houston), that on top of everything else, the residents of Austin have also had their thunder stolen, somewhat.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 23:31 (Ref:2980868)   #212
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
I don't think that there is much doubt that the track will be built, but will it be used for its intended purpose of staging the US GP ?

I hear that there is already some bitterness about the race in Texas having to use public money, whereas the race in New York apparently does not. There is also a feeling (from what I hear from friends/family in Houston), that on top of everything else, the residents of Austin have also had their thunder stolen, somewhat.
Yes we have a contract to host the US Grand Prix remember, that works both ways...

No thunder has been stolen as we are building a real racing facility and New Jersey and holding a street race, both very valid and very different in nature..
Old 3 Nov 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2981035)   #213
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Please read this...

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/...f-opportunity/
Old 3 Nov 2011, 12:42 (Ref:2981059)   #214
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2981141)   #215
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
According to Autosport Plus, the $25 million public funds were granted, providing that the Austin GP would be the only F1 GP in the US. This has been discussed at today's Formula One Commission meeting in Geneva. The 2012 F1 calendar is, apparently, far from settled.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 23:33 (Ref:2981303)   #216
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
According to Autosport Plus, the $25 million public funds were granted, providing that the Austin GP would be the only F1 GP in the US. This has been discussed at today's Formula One Commission meeting in Geneva. The 2012 F1 calendar is, apparently, far from settled.
I have more faith in Joe Saward than I do Autosport, however I was not aware of this clause...
Old 4 Nov 2011, 01:33 (Ref:2981311)   #217
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I found this interesting document (particularly pg 103 on).

http://www.gahcc.org/fileadmin/files/BP_70_-_Final.pdf

Also.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...or-grandstand/

A bit late with the permit?

Last edited by Marbot; 4 Nov 2011 at 01:38.
Old 4 Nov 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2981453)   #218
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Here you are..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95892

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-photos...a-one-circuit/
Old 4 Nov 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2981455)   #219
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Even better.

http://www.pitpass.com/45144-F1-Comm...firms-calendar
Old 4 Nov 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2981456)   #220
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I saw that and decided not to post it, due to the source...
Old 4 Nov 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2981518)   #221
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
I saw that and decided not to post it, due to the source...
Good for some things, not for others. As they all are.
Old 4 Nov 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2981689)   #222
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hermann Tilke says construction of Austin circuit is on schedule
Old 5 Nov 2011, 15:50 (Ref:2981930)   #223
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I think Mr Tilke has designed a great circuit here, it looks to be rather challenging and very fast..
Old 7 Nov 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2982859)   #224
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
More politicking.

After New Jersey's recent announcement Aleshire told Austin's KUT News: "An event such as F1 is only eligible for public funding if we – Texas – competes with other states in a highly competitive process, and F1 selects the site in Texas as the, quote, 'sole site for the event' and, quote, 'the event is held not more than one time in any year' – that's what our state law says."

hmmm......
Old 7 Nov 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2982967)   #225
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one in there right mind would not imagine the real power brokers (the folks that actually have all the money) did not know about each others race i.e. N.Y. and Austin. So, it appears Texans where had financially and New Yorkers were not. Imagine that. Just my opinon. Personally, I hope both events get off the ground. Should make for some good racing. I pay for a ticket to the race, not for the goings on in the background.