Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Jan 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3007012)   #226
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
@Supertec any more light on that matter mate?! Are they taking the base and people over, or doing it on their own?

@bella I believe it's the best chance for Clos to shine this year. Old sparing partners, most of them has left the series (probably inc. Bird), in a good and reliable car, Dani may shine. Title contender probably.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3007048)   #227
Zen
Rookie

Australia
Bicester
Zen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
And Bruno Michel is calling for scrutineering reinforcements...

Old 4 Jan 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3007078)   #228
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
And Bruno Michel is calling for scrutineering reinforcements...
lmao! course, we're not making any accusations with that, etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
@bella I believe it's the best chance for Clos to shine this year. Old sparing partners, most of them has left the series (probably inc. Bird), in a good and reliable car, Dani may shine. Title contender probably.
there's a missing connection with him somewhere. i mean, how on earth did he get owned by vietoris last year? no disrespect to vietoris meant there, particularly not considering he was doing 2 completely different discliplines at once and had a break due to injury.
Old 4 Jan 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3007165)   #229
MMC Andy
Racer

England
Newmarket
MMC Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
1st of all Happy New year. People are still asking about those UK TV rights and still no near any closer in finding out which channel will take over GP2. I just hope we get a firm answer soon.
Talking to one of our TV contacts, SKY will be showing all Friday / Saturday / Sunday GP2 and GP3 action.

Andy
Old 5 Jan 2012, 00:30 (Ref:3007470)   #230
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That will be utterly awesome if true, as I presume that means they plan on showing GP2 qualifying too. Although confusing, as here's that aforementioned tweet from Eurosport UK:
https://twitter.com/#!/EurosportUKTV...68470644482048

Quote:
We can confirm that we will be showing GP3 and Porsche Super Cup next season.

7 Dec
Oh well, whatever, I wouldn't be too bothered if Eurosport continued to have GPLawnmower to do a half-arsed job with; as long as there's proper UK coverage of GP2 sessions and races, that would be great.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3007803)   #231
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming it's happening the other question with GP2 Sky coverage is whether or not it will be on the F1 HD channel. I'm hoping it would be, because I would rather upgrade to HD and get all the motorsport I need rather than upgrading to Sky Sports.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3008917)   #232
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got the time for the 1st race in Sepang bearing in mind we loss a hour due to the old clock changing way. 1st race is 7.40am GMT March 24th so no headache in finding a PS3 stream for that race but race 2 is a headache for me. it is 3.35am BST March 25 so i just wish GP2 will hurry up and says the name of its new TV partner for us in the UK so people would stop asking about it!

Last edited by skells22; 8 Jan 2012 at 11:23.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3009308)   #233
Supertec
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
Supertec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertec View Post
'QI-Meritus' team have replaced Super Nova in GP2 today
The deals OFF again, Huff & Puff

'QI-Meritus' should be

'?$ Meritus'
Old 9 Jan 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3009314)   #234
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
it is 3.35am BST March 25 so i just wish GP2 will hurry up and says the name of its new TV partner for us in the UK so people would stop asking about it!
i think the only one asking about it is you, the rest of us are far more interested to see who signs for who, and who is actually going to RACE, not which tv channel we'll have to tune into to watch it
Old 9 Jan 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3009484)   #235
skells22
Veteran

sorry about that, speaking of drivers there is a driver announcement tomorrow and i wonder which team this time around?
Old 9 Jan 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3009496)   #236
p-matt
Veteran

I'm with skells on this, as I'd say most UK GP2 fans on here. I know that if I can't watch GP2 this season I definitely won't follow it as closely
Old 9 Jan 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3009520)   #237
p-matt
Veteran

Coletti and Onidi confirmed at Coloni!

What happened to Ceccon? I thought he had a seat confirmed? And what about Davide Rigon? Is he fit to race again?

If Coloni keep up their pace shown by Filippi last year Coletti could be a dark horse for the championship.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3009549)   #238
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't think coletti is consistent enough for a title bid. one of those drivers you're not entirely sure if he knows how or why he's quick at any one time.

ceccon just had a drive for abu dhabi but there was a lot of noise about it at the time. hopefully he's got a reasonable seat - there's something very interesting about his pace and how he's coped with the autogp title battle.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3009564)   #239
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I'm with skells on this, as I'd say most UK GP2 fans on here. I know that if I can't watch GP2 this season I definitely won't follow it as closely
That's fine but take the tv talk to Armchair which is the correct forum for it please.

We don't mind people asking when it's on in the run up to a race weekend but it's not really relevant in this thread.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3009565)   #240
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't think coletti is consistent enough for a title bid. one of those drivers you're not entirely sure if he knows how or why he's quick at any one time.

ceccon just had a drive for abu dhabi but there was a lot of noise about it at the time. hopefully he's got a reasonable seat - there's something very interesting about his pace and how he's coped with the autogp title battle.
Yeah Ceccon's really surprised me. I thought he was another Ricci or someone like that but he really seems to have serious potential?
Old 9 Jan 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3009571)   #241
p-matt
Veteran

There is definitely something about Ceccon but even he must feel like he lucked into the Auto GP title. The one race he did win he didn't deserve to. Filippi deserved the title but was beset with bad luck and missed a weekend due to GP2 commitments. Even Afanasiev was more worthy of the title on raw pace alone.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3009589)   #242
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
he was insanely fortunate, but that's one of the important skills in motorsport isn't it? right place, right time, through whatever means. you only luck into things through others shortcomings, i guess.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3009809)   #243
Aus
Rookie

Aus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's happening to Supernova now Meritus have withdrawn ? Alot of investment for it to be unused !
Old 10 Jan 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3009868)   #244
skells22
Veteran

there is a name change for ART, now known as Lotus GP
Old 10 Jan 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3009893)   #245
Balaurderaa
Rookie

England
Keynsham
Balaurderaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read on paddock talk that AQH is thinking about GP2 for next year which should bring the total of Brits up to 4 (Palmer, Calado, Chilton and AQH)
Old 10 Jan 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3009924)   #246
skells22
Veteran

could be 5 if Sam Bird gets a seat
Old 13 Jan 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3011105)   #247
skells22
Veteran

Simon Trummer joins Arden.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3011123)   #248
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not really a worthwhile addition to the grid.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 23:44 (Ref:3011433)   #249
blindfold
Rookie

blindfold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe you're forgetting there is a huge economic recession going on then.

Only the rich kids can afford GP2 now, hence why all the genuine drivers do WSR these days...

Trummer pays his bills on time, enough said
Old 14 Jan 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3011440)   #250
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I'm well aware of that. Pretty obvious Arden haven't signed him based on talent.