Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jul 2023, 07:22 (Ref:4166910)   #1951
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Official retirement must be stated explicitly by the team principal to the RC. To the public, you have confirmation of the retirement when the iron curtain of the box is lowered. On YT, you'll find images of this at least for the Toyota. It belongs to LM long established tradition.
That I didn't know, but that makes sense. Obviously you don't want to retire a car that can come back into a race.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4166919)   #1952
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That I didn't know, but that makes sense. Obviously you don't want to retire a car that can come back into a race.
But this has happened. Back in (I think) 1986, Henri Pescarolo was driving the Kouros Mercedes (Sauber) and stopped out on the circuit. He was gone for so long and the pit had word from a mechanic out there that all was lost so his team manager retired the car. After several hours working on the car Henri managed to get it back to the pits. As I understand it, although the car had been retired the race director agreed to reverse the decision (I suspect it helped rather a lot that it was Henri, a Frenchman who had brought it back!) and the car was repaired. Sadly it retired not long afterwards with gearbox failure.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 12:02 (Ref:4166947)   #1953
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes - checked for 80 and 75 - the total elapsed time agrees to the figures on the Analysis pdf (each car lap by lap) - so it’s the time that car last passed the start finish line.

Out on track retirements like No 7 would have a bit more track time not shown.

Pitstops just shows completed stops so last time in for pit retirees omitted from that (and pitstop timing line about 8 seconds or so before crossing line in pits)

Last edited by RL17; 6 Jul 2023 at 12:09.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 13:24 (Ref:4166955)   #1954
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Official retirement must be stated explicitly by the team principal to the RC. To the public, you have confirmation of the retirement when the iron curtain of the box is lowered. On YT, you'll find images of this at least for the Toyota. It belongs to LM long established tradition.
Yes.

Although I am not sure it is quite de rigueur nowadays.

I remember the Mercedes in 1999 returning to the garages and the shutters going straight down.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4166961)   #1955
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes.

I remember the Mercedes in 1999 returning to the garages and the shutters going straight down.
Hangar doors coming down is a sure sign
Old 6 Jul 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4166976)   #1956
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But this has happened.
i've exactly the same story with Derek Bell. During the night in the Porsche curves, I was giving help to friends marshals when he went out of the track, heavily hitting the barriers.Not his fault really, all the lights of the car went out all of a sudden. Slightly shocked, he was walking away when I told him that may be it could be fixed by the team. The said team had been away for a long time when he reached the garage with a really bent and wrecked Mirage. Can't remember the year tho.

Last edited by Gerard C; 6 Jul 2023 at 15:42.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4167070)   #1957
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Any updates on the final results for the race?

Some cars were still being looked into post race
It is being reported now that the ACO are looking over the wiring loom from the Inter car.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 16:06 (Ref:4167086)   #1958
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder what issues they could find related to a wiring loom? Could someone be playing games with disabling certain "features"?
Old 7 Jul 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4167094)   #1959
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Si, si c'est toujours de rigueur mon cher Adam.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 20:45 (Ref:4167106)   #1960
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It is being reported now that the ACO are looking over the wiring loom from the Inter car.
Guess someone on Amazon finally made a chip for the Gibson to unlock all that hidden hp and mileage through the cigarette lighter
Old 7 Jul 2023, 22:55 (Ref:4167108)   #1961
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*does not void warranty.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 23:37 (Ref:4167109)   #1962
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Guess someone on Amazon finally made a chip for the Gibson to unlock all that hidden hp and mileage through the cigarette lighter
Quote:
*does not void warranty.

You wouldn't think there is much variety in parts in that spec class, but i've heard rumblings of certain illegal parts being found on purchased 2nd hand cars.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4168141)   #1963
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
You wouldn't think there is much variety in parts in that spec class, but i've heard rumblings of certain illegal parts being found on purchased 2nd hand cars.
You (me too) cant imagine what some smart panties can invent. Resistors on the wiring loom for instance. The "best" is to have a phantom ECU connected via the main wiring loom or another parallel one.
@Adam:As to tradition at LM, iron curtain apart, there is the last lap time you must complete it within X minutes and cross the start/finish line on the track and not using the pitlane. I paid to learn this at Spa (2018?).
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:44 (Ref:4168487)   #1964
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Didn’t a car at Brands Hatch have an engine boost that only worked when the 4 way seatbelt was done up?
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:49 (Ref:4168489)   #1965
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cant say! I guess next move will be a breathalyser device in the steering wheel.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4169283)   #1966
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/IE_Competition/s...52370238324736

Looks like we have ourselves a race result.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 13:12 (Ref:4169297)   #1967
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Good to see Inter's win confirmed!
Old 21 Jul 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4169301)   #1968
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 21 Jul 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4169318)   #1969
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Got there is the end.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4169327)   #1970
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Excellent (if somewhat belated) news.....
Old 18 Nov 2023, 11:14 (Ref:4186343)   #1971
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guess this is the best room to link to the Porsche/Fassbender finale(?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvQbWRxajc
Old 25 Dec 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4189886)   #1972
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just saw the "Official Le Mans 2023" tonight on French TV. It is absolutely awful: it is a gigantic promotional clip for the event, of which the racing is notably absent. The race is summed-up in a succession of chaotic situations (mainly caused by P2 and GTE otherwise completely absent from the narrative) with no continuity, no timecode no nothing.

One could argue it is made for a casual sportscar amateur knowing little of the sport. That's OK but the main attraction is the sport, so show it please !
Very sad that the Duke editions have been written off in favor of this BS.
Old 25 Dec 2023, 22:05 (Ref:4189887)   #1973
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
Just saw the "Official Le Mans 2023" tonight on French TV. It is absolutely awful: it is a gigantic promotional clip for the event, of which the racing is notably absent.
Well I have an opposite opinion about the movie. We can watch the whole race on UTube as many times as we want. Yes it's a kind of promotion for the event, but through a different prism and we see other things.
I liked the moment when Doriane asks for a pain au chocolat and the moment when Tom K receives his brand new driver suit among so many legends.
Old 26 Dec 2023, 10:04 (Ref:4189927)   #1974
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I bought last year's (as part of the box set) and quite enjoyed it. But like many others I'm sure, I really mourn the loss of the superb Duke videos, my collection of which goes back many years. It's a huge disappointment that they're gone - as well as being a massive loss for Duke as well, I suspect.
Old 10 Jan 2024, 18:51 (Ref:4191355)   #1975
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An hour of trackside noise in case you are struggling from withdrawal

https://youtu.be/NQd5-m0EQA0?si=-iqKm5lBhxPJdBrJ