Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 May 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3080662)   #1
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Cheese Fuel prices in France

You might find the following site interesting:

www.prix-carburants.economie.gouv.fr

It lists fuel prices at specific filling stations in France, so you can work out the best place to refuel. Those travelling with a diesel-engined car from the UK, where you should be able to get at least €1.20 to the pound may be pleasantly surprised!
Old 28 May 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3080672)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent link, thank you!

So, by my reckoning, I can expect to pay almost exactly the same price that I pay at my local Sainsbury's (currently £1.33).
Old 28 May 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3080687)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
diesel was always much cheaper in france, but this is my first year taking a diesels so am hoping that it will be cheaper, however the other car we are taking is a supercharged 4.2 lt V8 so that might be a tad expensive
Old 28 May 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3080751)   #4
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Business as Usual . . .

You might find this currency exchange website useful: http://www.oanda.com/

Click on the "Currency Converter' tab. Here are today's quotes as of 15h24 EASTERN (GMT - 4):

£1 = €1.25005; €1 = £0.79897; +/- a % or two for service charges.
Old 28 May 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3080779)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Post Office today had 1.206 to the £ - that's with no commission of course. Much the same as I got on Saturday.
Old 28 May 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3080786)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
last week the exchange rate for cards used on in france was close to 1.24 so as long as you don't have to pay charges use cards as much as possible
Old 28 May 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3080820)   #7
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Excellent link, thank you!

So, by my reckoning, I can expect to pay almost exactly the same price that I pay at my local Sainsbury's (currently £1.33).
Yes, but those of us who run diesels will be paying around £1.12-£1.13 per litre, a saving of over £1.00 per gallon on English prices.
Old 28 May 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3080825)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
You might find this currency exchange website useful: http://www.oanda.com/
sadly, not useful since tourist rates are different to market rates. i usually go by the travelex website or the bbc news tourist rates section.

i'm paying €1.38 at my local geant fuel station at the moment down in the expensive sarf east which is about par for the course. do not, under any circumstances be silly and use the motorway services if you're going from dunkerque use the auchan about 5 mins up the road towards belgium just off the motorway and save yourself a spanking.

that first link is VERY useful, thank you le vieux for that *bookmarks*
Old 29 May 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3081297)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
just purchased a £100 of euro's from travel ex at sainsbury and got about 1.23
Old 30 May 2012, 06:27 (Ref:3081639)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My local Post Office is only offering 1.18 this morning.....
Old 30 May 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3081940)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Exchange Rates may go down as well as up. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Terms and conditions apply...

Le Vieux. Merci bien, VERY handy thing, that. I intend to use it. Arriving in Le Havre, I found 2 or 3 on the road out, at reasonable prices.
Old 30 May 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3081997)   #12
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Yes, but those of us who run diesels will be paying around £1.12-£1.13 per litre, a saving of over £1.00 per gallon on English prices.
Which is why many of us who live in France run diesel cars - two in this two person household: an Alfa 147 currently giving just under 40mpg and a Renault Clio which returns almost 60mpg.