Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Nov 2001, 09:32 (Ref:169576)   #1
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato Champion in few years

Sato has told Japan he will be their first World Champion in a few years. Don't try and laugh to much...

Early testing results he has had with Jordan might bring him to attention of the world - he seems good - but as they say "You might be running good lap times, but what are you like in a pack!"
Old 4 Nov 2001, 10:28 (Ref:169592)   #2
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me thinks he better go to the back of the queue and wait his turn behind the schumachers, dc, montoya, raikonnen, button, fisichella, heidfeld etc etc etc!!!!!!!!! they all had there names down for championships way before him!
Old 4 Nov 2001, 10:36 (Ref:169599)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, somebody has to be champ in a few years time - and since we haven't even seen him yet, why judge him? He's the one that will have to live with harsh reality, when he finds out how tough it is.
Old 4 Nov 2001, 11:12 (Ref:169610)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, Sato seems to be pretty confident. That is a mark of a champion, but I think he should race first, before going alá Irvine !
Old 4 Nov 2001, 14:30 (Ref:169687)   #5
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think he could be well up there, because:
a) he has good lap times - he is fast
b) he is a leader and dominator - in his f3 team, he commanded respect from engineers and brought everybody closer together

and

c) he has got the commitment and self beleif only seen by JPM, MS, the late ayrton senna and all of the greats.

this kid is gonna be one to watch for
Old 5 Nov 2001, 01:23 (Ref:169948)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, you lot MAY laugh now, but to right this guy off now is nothing short of foolish. This guy is fast, talented and well backed. He has all the ingrediants necessary. He ain't no Honda rent-a-drive....
Old 5 Nov 2001, 02:25 (Ref:169976)   #7
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, i am looking forward to seeing Sato in action...i think next year will be a quite interesting with Sato at Jordan, Raikkonen at Mclaren and Trulli at Renault. There will be some suprises throughout next year, of that i am sure.
Old 5 Nov 2001, 11:13 (Ref:170096)   #8
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He may be in for a shock - but I hope not. I really like everything about Jordan and would love them to do well. If the Honda's up to the job they should be in for a good year - Fisci and Sato is a very good driver team.
Old 5 Nov 2001, 11:26 (Ref:170105)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope the next ten years live up to their potential!!!

Sato, Massa, JPM, Raikkonen, Heidfeld, Alonso, Ralf, de la rosa should provide some fantastic competition!
Old 5 Nov 2001, 20:45 (Ref:170395)   #10
Tristan
Veteran

Here's a topic in the making: HAS THE FUTURE, IN TERMS OF RAW DRIVING TALENT EVER LOOKED BRIGHTER?? I would argue "no".
Old 5 Nov 2001, 23:48 (Ref:170525)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not that I can remember.
Old 6 Nov 2001, 00:00 (Ref:170532)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is the future, hunh ?

Maybe we had enough of Schumacher and need another name... ??????
Old 6 Nov 2001, 10:43 (Ref:170690)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sato is the next in a long line of talent in a very young field, but only a select few become world champion remember!

I've never seen Sato drive myself (no BritF3 coverage in Oz) but from all reports, he sounds like a brilliant driver, so unlike previous Japanese rent-a-drivers, he sounds like the real deal.
Old 7 Nov 2001, 09:47 (Ref:171315)   #14
srinimax
Racer

srinimax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he's coming in with a hell lot of competition for sure. there's alonso, massa, kimi, heidfeld.... plus the older drivers montoya, dc (who, like sato, likes to say he's going to win), ralf, tgf. and ALL these guys are going to be around for the next 3-4 years atleast.
Old 7 Nov 2001, 09:52 (Ref:171316)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Re: Sato Champion in few years

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash and Burn
Sato has told Japan he will be their first World Champion in a few years. Don't try and laugh to much...
Maybe he was simply quoting DC and Rubens from years gone by.
He certainly wasn't quoting Eddie, who has been adament that he (Eddie) is the World #2 after MSch.
Old 7 Nov 2001, 10:28 (Ref:171324)   #16
srinimax
Racer

yeah eddie's probably the smartest guy around when it comes to handling the press. he does it beee-yoo-ti-fully. even now he never says he's going to win a championship with jaguar, only that he'll make them competitive. the guy's a genius of sorts. sato might turn out to be another smart-ass like ralf. hell he hasnt even raced yet ! the media attention probably made him think he's destined to be great (like one mr.button a year ago, though one must say button didnt make such statements). on the other hand, this might just be arrogance with talent to justify it. so lets see.
Old 7 Nov 2001, 10:42 (Ref:171328)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Re: Re: Sato Champion in few years

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce

Maybe he was simply quoting DC and Rubens from years gone by.
He certainly wasn't quoting Eddie, who has been adament that he (Eddie) is the World #2 after MSch.
Yes. And that proves how much drivers doesn't have the view of the what really is F1.
Old 7 Nov 2001, 14:14 (Ref:171424)   #18
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Sato Champion in few years

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash and Burn
Sato has told Japan he will be their first World Champion in a few years.
Let's face this. I like this guy for what he said. He came into the circus with a goal. BEING A CHAMPION.
Focus: Why are they all racing, isn't it to become champions? I'm sure that if you get interviews with some of them and ask this...
"Would you like to be the champion?" they will answer will be a big YES without any doubt.
Is Sato good enough to become a champion? I don't know. At least he has got enough self-faith.
Old 7 Nov 2001, 15:18 (Ref:171446)   #19
srinimax
Racer

its self-faith if he proves he's brilliant enough to be a wdc. if not its plain unfounded over-confidence that will turn into stupidity. so lets see.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 15:30 (Ref:171938)   #20
Tristan
Veteran

In the case of someone like, say, DC, him waffling on about his WDC hopes IS understandable, but I don't like it because it's UNREALISTIC. Come on, let's be serious here: WHO THINKS DC WILL EVER BE WDC?? Exactly.

Now Sato can brag too (his a GP driver for god's sake!!) but in HIS case I don't mind it because I see no reason why he CAN'T be WDC. OK, he's unproven in an F1 car, but everything else says this guy's good.

That being said, there is one guy who I am ACHING to see in 2002 (other than JPM and evn more so we now have no Alonso).

Felipe Massa.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 20:31 (Ref:172098)   #21
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Ditto that! I hope the Saubers up to it aswell.