Old 18 Feb 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1525852)   #1
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Shumi

Judgeing by this Story we could could soon have 'team shumi'

Is this a case of the devil making work for idol hands on Jordans part, or a realistic option?

Not many great drivers have made good team owners.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 19:34 (Ref:1525857)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Audi ?? That will be a real challenge !!
Old 18 Feb 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1525862)   #3
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Schumi starting his own team but I can see him bringing another manufacturer into the sport ie. Audi (less likely to be VW). Would be cool to see more teams though!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 18 Feb 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1525877)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sorry, but I think EJ's just flapping his gums. Besides which, I'm not at all sure Schuey will retire at the end of the year. However, in the fulness of time, I can see him as sporting director of the Scuderia.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1525906)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
heh i think EJ might be playing....not sure I can see MS starting his own team quite yet
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1525913)   #6
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Schumacher starting a team in the future is a possibility, but not yet. I reckon he will still be racing in f1 in 2007.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1525923)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
this reminds me somewhat strangely of situations like alan shearer - such a good football player (driver in MS' case) so everyone presumes they'll start their own team / become a manager just because they're good at what they do now
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1525931)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think drivers make good team managers.
Ask Alain Prost.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1525935)   #9
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Prost started well, but once things got difficult...

Off subject yes, but Shearer can take over Newcastle if he likes. And take them down
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1525937)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I can't really see this happening to be honest... I see him involved in a position at Ferrari where he grooms young drivers...a driver program similar to Red Bull..
Old 18 Feb 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1525956)   #11
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly one of the greatest achievements of F1 was Jack Brabham in 1966 when he won the World title in his own car?
Is there any chance Schumacher could drive it as well?
Old 18 Feb 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1525961)   #12
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esorniloc
Possibly one of the greatest achievements of F1 was Jack Brabham in 1966 when he won the World title in his own car?
Without being pedantic, it is written SIR Jack Brabham.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1525982)   #13
coldtyre
Rookie

France
Paris
coldtyre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esorniloc
That's possible
Look at that:

Team Super Schumi
- Team owner and driver n=°1: MS
- Driver n°2: RS
- Manager: Willi Webber
- Technical manager: Ross Brawn

But no kidding guys... Do you really believe what -Irish - Jordan said?
Old 19 Feb 2006, 00:23 (Ref:1526002)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Seems to be on most sites now.http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35057
Old 19 Feb 2006, 00:41 (Ref:1526007)   #15
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who says Schumi will necessaraly quit driving if he starts a new team? I can think of no better way to start a new team off by having a 7 times World Champion driving for it!
Old 19 Feb 2006, 01:19 (Ref:1526010)   #16
gringottsdirect
Racer

United Kingdom
50 Rue St Georges Paris
gringottsdirect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
Off subject yes, but Shearer can take over Newcastle if he likes. And take them down
Shearer is too smart to take top job - he's seen what happens.

MS will drive for McLaren Mercedes 2007 - mega pay day.
Then he will take over from Ron - 2008.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 01:27 (Ref:1526014)   #17
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id rather see Audi (VW) enter the sport wtih a team run and lead car driven by Micheal Schumacher.

Audi has conquered world rally, touring cars and sports cars. the natural next would would be f1.

Schumacher-Audi V8 in 2008 ?
Old 19 Feb 2006, 02:49 (Ref:1526037)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was thinking a little more cleverly than that, imagine Schumi wandering back to his old team and taking over as boss & paymaster

If it is right that Renault are escaping for other parts at the end of '07, and the team itself will be superfluous to the company, why not sell it to the bloke who won the championship for them in 1995...

.. then the old blokes at Ferrari could go back 'home' to the new SchumiRenault and recreate the legend...

If they could get the Benetton familiy excited again.... maybe the whole band could reform?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Feb 2006, 04:55 (Ref:1526052)   #19
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
Who says Schumi will necessaraly quit driving if he starts a new team? I can think of no better way to start a new team off by having a 7 times World Champion driving for it!
In the Australian V8Supercars last year, Jason Bright owns his own team (Fujitsu Racing) AND drove for another team (FPR) and that will continue this year as well.

Just because he owns a team doesn't mean he has to work for them. He could still drive for Ferarri, and own a team getting Ferarri factory support. He takes a couple of people from Ferarri to start the team, gets in Willi Weber or maybe hire Flavio if he is available from Renault and have a sister Ferarri team to provide young drivers and more testing miles.

Anything is possible with a bit of imagination (and legal wrangling).
Old 19 Feb 2006, 05:32 (Ref:1526060)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Never going to happen.

The most I can see is Michael being involved in some role at Ferrari following his retirement: even then, it would be more advisory/part-time kind of thing.

He is never going to own and/or manage an F1 team.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 06:30 (Ref:1526067)   #21
Wingman
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Wingman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While my opinion of MS is not very high (his true colours have been shown on a couple of occasions), his ability to lead people and mould them into a winning team is a talent he has and could use quite well. And I don't think money would be a problem, both his own and through his many contacts in the industry.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 07:38 (Ref:1526071)   #22
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not just invest money, get sme shares in Ferrari, and play a role as consultant for Ferrari.

Sure beats having a Team Schumi, pump in hundred of millions ...then close shop after 5 seasons.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1526073)   #23
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He told The Sun: "I believe the idea of Michael starting his own team is being discussed and I can see him doing it."
To be frank, Eddie Jordan did not say that he will start his own team. It's one of those situations involving questions, answers and journalists... The Sun, then the story is further developed by ITV-F1.com

Q: Can you see Schumacher starting a professional football team at the end of 2006 season?
A: Yes, I can see him doing that, he's famous, he has money, sponsors won't be a problem at all, he likes football, he actually plays in a Swiss team, so yes, I wouldn't be surprised if he does it.

Q: Do you think he'll start a football team at the end of 2006 when his countract with Ferrari runs out?
A: :hysterical laughter:
Old 19 Feb 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1526162)   #24
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly what I was going to say Red

I doubt very much this will happen. Someone has interviewed Eddie Jordan on his yacht and is trying to fire up some interest in their magazine because it's the off season.

Journo: "Do you think Schumacher will start his own team when he retires Eddie"

Eddie: "It's a possibility."

Headline: Schumacher to start own team.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1526253)   #25
mooneyda
Racer

Ireland
Eire
mooneyda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
Well, Prost started well, but once things got difficult...

Off topic again!! Keep your Maken comments to yourself!!! Your down already

I think a Schumi / Audi (VW) collaboration would be a great idea for both but somehow doubt this will happen. Consider his love for everything Ferrari and the fact that he is guaranteed a job for life with Ferrari!
I would be surprised if he got in with another manufacturer at this stage..