Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 30 Sep 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3311145)   #1
Nath123
Rookie

England
Solihull
Nath123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Park into administration

Such a shame to see this great circuit go into administration after I thought they had sorted everything out.

http://eepurl.com/F1qqH
Old 30 Sep 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3311151)   #2
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not really clear if this is the end or just another play in the complex and protracted negotiations between the various parties. It doesn't look very encouraging though .

Steve
Old 30 Sep 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3311153)   #3
Nath123
Rookie

England
Solihull
Nath123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I did wonder whether it could be a play/trick and hope that it is.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3311194)   #4
Jim H
Rookie

Jim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure I've just read in Autosport that they have plans to change and expand the circuit.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3311317)   #5
LandieLad
Racer

Japan
Tokyo
LandieLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be interesting to run a comparison with the issues at Croft some years ago.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3311324)   #6
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The circumstances are completely different to the Croft situation.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3311362)   #7
LandieLad
Racer

Japan
Tokyo
LandieLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletubby View Post
The circumstances are completely different to the Croft situation.
I agree, but the comments by the judge and the possible ramifications of such, may be of consequence.

What is music to the ears of one individual is a nuisance to another.

But this is not for debate in open forum as it would lead us off topic. So apologies.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3311945)   #8
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was on the local news and they "are hopeful". Hmm.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3311953)   #9
Postie
Rookie

Wales
Leicester
Postie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The local rag claimed the land owner offered to half the rent, barc deny this offer was made...someone is being economical with the truth.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3311954)   #10
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I replied in the other post about it:

This is what happens when you get a- greedy and b- lose all common sense.

WHY? obvious, motocross on the hill above the circuit! I love motor sport but trying to watch / cover the track with the never ending high pitch whine of mx bikes actually had me wanting to call it a day.

A real shame as it's one of the great 'old' circuits but to honest - brought it on themselves - period.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3312262)   #11
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
The worst road in Leicestershire
Pescara Productions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Meek would buy an extra 6 acres of land just to do nothing with it. There's clearly something up.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3312267)   #12
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

WHY? obvious, motocross on the hill above the circuit! I love motor sport but trying to watch / cover the track with the never ending high pitch whine of mx bikes actually had me wanting to call it a day.

Disagree completely, I loved the motocross, did you ever see any of the races there - awesome. I'd bring it back tomorrow.

Remember the motocross track was used evey Sunday, from January to December not just once a month like the cars did.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3312278)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescara Productions View Post
I don't think Meek would buy an extra 6 acres of land just to do nothing with it. There's clearly something up.
But has he definitely bought the land that would be needed for the circuit changes to bypass the hairpin? That plan could have been speculation along the lines of "well, we could do this if we had the extra land to do it on".
If he has bought the land, then I'd take that as a positive sign that he wants the circuit to continue, but that is also taking into account that the cost of 6 acres of farm land will be just a drop in the ocean in comparison to the overall cost of re-shaping the circuit.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 13:46 (Ref:3312343)   #14
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
Isn't the opposite viewpoint just as valid? Do you have sympathy with the locals who don't like motor sport?

Four wheels good, two wheels bad. . .
Old 3 Oct 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3312560)   #15
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
The worst road in Leicestershire
Pescara Productions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
But has he definitely bought the land that would be needed for the circuit changes to bypass the hairpin? That plan could have been speculation along the lines of "well, we could do this if we had the extra land to do it on".
If he has bought the land, then I'd take that as a positive sign that he wants the circuit to continue, but that is also taking into account that the cost of 6 acres of farm land will be just a drop in the ocean in comparison to the overall cost of re-shaping the circuit.
Exactly, but he isn't short on cash by any means as I believe he owns more companies than just Titan. There has been some machinery over the back of the circuit for about a year now but they seem to be mining sand or something. Luckily for me I only live a quick bike ride away from the circuit so I'll check up on the place over the winter. The catch is that the one road I have to ride along is the most dangerous road for cyclist's on the planet!
Old 4 Oct 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3312721)   #16
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Isn't the opposite viewpoint just as valid? Do you have sympathy with the locals who don't like motor sport?

Four wheels good, two wheels bad. . .

Not at all, I love motorsport but the constant 'ying, ying, yiiiiing yiiiiiiiing' (best mx sound effect I could think of) cut's right through you, and it's relentless - that sound carries far more than almost any other.

locals who don't like motorsport? buy a house near a race circuit and complain about the noise. . . . . "really" they should be made to sell up at base price for being so stupid.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 5 Oct 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3313072)   #17
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The latest news doesn't sound so good, MX or not. As has been said earlier in this thread, methinks there is more afoot than first might appear.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3313081)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here go, worlds most awesome solution for noise near a race track.

Offer up the houses for sale at cut prices for motorsport fans, then we could all populate the areas near to racetracks and there would never be any complaint about noise! Could be funded by MIA, (they must have some money) they could buy out homeowners who moan then get some of it back by selling to us!!!

I have sent this to all estate agents near race tracks, but sadly, I reckon I know the answer lol

Seriously, this will only get worse, it's such a shame. The opinion of a few will always outweigh that of the many in these situations, it is the nature of councils, parich councils, old people and residents that at least one of them will have the sway of someones ear.

All you can do as try your hardest to comply with everything, and then keep it up and prove, regularly that you are a valued part of the local area.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3313110)   #19
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why is it that if someone buys a house next to Heathrow, Heathrow doesn't stop weekend flights?

Or they buy a house within hearing distance of the M1, and yet don't ask to close the M1?

Or they buy a house next to a steelworks? Or a factory? Or a retail park which is most busy at weekends?

Why is the Law biased against motor racing? Just wondering...
Old 5 Oct 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3313137)   #20
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
Why is the Law biased against motor racing? Just wondering...
There are perennial complaints against Heathrow, motorways, factories, retail parks etc. but provided they are complying with the restrictions they've signed up to they're o.k.

It works like that for motor racing circuits too. Mallory is a long time favourite of mine but the current operators appear to have pushed their luck too far and for too long. And it will probably be us and other motorsport enthusiasts who lose out.

Steve
Old 5 Oct 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3313169)   #21
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstick View Post
There are perennial complaints against Heathrow, motorways, factories, retail parks etc. but provided they are complying with the restrictions they've signed up to they're o.k.

It works like that for motor racing circuits too. Mallory is a long time favourite of mine but the current operators appear to have pushed their luck too far and for too long. And it will probably be us and other motorsport enthusiasts who lose out.

Steve
Ah, so. My IQ has now increased by one; to two.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3313218)   #22
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Park for many years have abused the noise limits placed upon them. The local residents opposed to the noise complained as per usual. However there was one particular event in 2011 that tested the local community to such a degree that even the most supportive of residents felt the need to object.

Mallory Park have brought this whole situation upon themselves and the residents have simply had enough.

Feel free to object to this post but would you really like someone drifting outside your house till 22:30, I certainly wouldn't and I'm Motorsport mad.

Last edited by Steve Milward; 5 Oct 2013 at 19:09.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3313219)   #23
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drifting is surely the ultimate winkers' sport; such an irony that this should have brought about the end of motor racing at Mallory Park.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3315001)   #24
Postie
Rookie

Wales
Leicester
Postie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...#axzz2h8dtadLC
Old 9 Oct 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3315009)   #25
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postie View Post
So, this article confirms that the 1985 noise restrictions were actually placed on the original company running the circuit, Mallory Park Motorsport Limited, and not the circuit itself. The self same company that stupidly flouted these restrictions and caused the problems in the first place!
If it was so simple, why didn't the BARC set up a new company and take over the running of The Circuit after re-negotiation with the council before all this hullabaloo?