Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2000, 13:54 (Ref:20887)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, DC wins in France: and how! He looks a mean, lean fighting machine. Sure, TGF's Ferrai was ailing all through the race, but still the aggression and determination shown by DC today was something to behold. I may even start liling him. A bit.

However, despite all his gesticulating and wheel-banging in the German's direction, Schumi didn't have a hope. The man who DC REALLY blew away was Mikka. This has got to be the time for team orders at McLaren, albeit the other way round to what we're used to. MH once againwas never really "on it" this weekend: no startling qulifying skills, no attempt to pass Schumi (when his car was alive). Where is Mikka's motivation, and where will it be if he is asked to be DC's #2?

Besides, this is just a mere setback in the Ferrari grand plan, surley? Or do we honestly think DC can do it? Over to you....
Old 2 Jul 2000, 14:23 (Ref:20890)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Well done, DC, a forceful drive.
Mika once again looks like an also-ran.

To Mika's credit, he actually seemed happy for Coulthard.
Old 2 Jul 2000, 17:28 (Ref:20913)   #3
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever was, or wasn't, wrong with TGF's car, DC did admirably well to get past. Everyone says that the cars should be 2-3 sec. per lap faster in order to carry out an overtaking manouvre in F1 these days.
If that doesn't impress, remember that he also passed RB whose car was working!!
Well done DC!!
Old 2 Jul 2000, 18:31 (Ref:20917)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unbelievable! Look at Macs Race Report (okay, it's from F1-live.com and I'm not quite sure whether it is their press release or not)
"However, Schumacher held the Mclaren off early in the race, almost pushing the Scot off the track at one stage" Geez... Anyway, his gesture... but I better stop right here.
Quote:
However, despite all his gesticulating and wheel-banging in the German's direction
I wonder what would be the general reaction if MS attacked DC, making the same gestures...
Back to topic. No, DC cannot do it. He will beat Mika, eventually. But looking at nowadays Mika I don’t think it’s a great glory. And I’m sure that if Mika is asked to be David’s no.2 he will suddenly regain the motivation.

I must admit it was a good race. (Sheese, I've never been so <censored> after a F1 race before. Not even in early nineties, when Ferrari won races only on Easter and Christmas. Please excuse me.)
Old 2 Jul 2000, 19:13 (Ref:20923)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done David!!! Another excellent drive from a driver who has all of a sudden found true championship quality skill.

Is it time for team orders? With only 6 points between Mika and DC, I think not.

And yes, Mika did look genuinely pleased.