Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jun 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3083590)   #1301
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure why Ford persists with the FPV thing. Perhaps they need to sell a larger slice of the pie to Prodrive, and let them steer the ship.

They will never have what HSV has. I'm not speaking patriotically, either.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3083640)   #1302
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Problems for FPR? Here
they've advised this is purely due to lack of sales, and therefore the size of the company needs to reduce, and that there will be no change to FPR...

same as 6 years ago
Old 2 Jun 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3083671)   #1303
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
they've advised this is purely due to lack of sales, and therefore the size of the company needs to reduce, and that there will be no change to FPR...

same as 6 years ago
So... why does Ford need FPV and therefore FPR?

You can kinda somehow envisage the whole Prodrive/Ford alliance thing falling in a pile of muck
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Jun 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3084120)   #1304
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Essendon gives Ford star Mark Winterbottom a ‘mongrel' edge

just read this, had me thinking, Frosty does have a reputation for being cautious, has this changed this year?. His pass on GT in WA suggest he might, he has roughed up his team mate once or twice.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3084827)   #1305
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So... why does Ford need FPV
well without being well placed, I don't know any other entity that could do the "performance road car" stuff, other than Ford dragging it back in house. However I see this as unlikely
Quote:
and therefore FPR?
if they want to be winning in V8's, given the present results sheet, they don't have much choice
Quote:
You can kinda somehow envisage the whole Prodrive/Ford alliance thing falling in a pile of muck
it didn't fall into a pile of muck in 2006, why now? People are realising that personal debt is bad, especially when consumed by wants rather than needs, and combine this with the desire to have cars that don't consume a large amount of fuel, equals a slow down in large car sales, including performance cars. I'm not seeing how this change of consumer thought patterns means Prodrive and Ford will have a falling out?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 04:12 (Ref:3084889)   #1306
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
well without being well placed, I don't know any other entity that could do the "performance road car" stuff, other than Ford dragging it back in house. However I see this as unlikely
DJR did alright when they modded road cars (I know quite a few FPV owners who even put the DJR kit on their car)

I'm sure they have plenty of space available too (more if they dont remain 4 cars next year)
Old 4 Jun 2012, 05:47 (Ref:3084906)   #1307
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So... why does Ford need FPV and therefore FPR?
If Prodrive theoretically was to no longer modify cars for Ford it doesn't necessarily have to alter their arrangements with Ford in regard to Ford Performance Racing.

Kelly Racing does not modify Nissan road vehicles for Nissan, but Nissan still want them.

Triple 8 does not modify Holden road vehicles for Holden, but Holden still want them.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 06:06 (Ref:3084910)   #1308
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
If Prodrive theoretically was to no longer modify cars for Ford it doesn't necessarily have to alter their arrangements with Ford in regard to Ford Performance Racing.

Kelly Racing does not modify Nissan road vehicles for Nissan, but Nissan still want them.

Triple 8 does not modify Holden road vehicles for Holden, but Holden still want them.
Yes, but how much cross-subsidy is there within the Prodrive Group from one to the other to pay the bills?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 06:20 (Ref:3084913)   #1309
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering its Ford Performance Vehicles that is downsizing, not Ford Performance Racing, one would think FPV needs subsidising, not FPR, if anything.

Regardless, I'm sure Prodrive could continue to run FPR as a stand-alone entity, just as any other top team does, especially after a stellar year they are having this year. Their magnificent performance can't do any harm when negotiating new or existing sponsorship deals.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3085286)   #1310
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Considering its Ford Performance Vehicles that is downsizing, not Ford Performance Racing, one would think FPV needs subsidising, not FPR, if anything.

Regardless, I'm sure Prodrive could continue to run FPR as a stand-alone entity, just as any other top team does, especially after a stellar year they are having this year. Their magnificent performance can't do any harm when negotiating new or existing sponsorship deals.
good to see Prodrive has got at least one of their projects operating to a successful degree. Their BMW/Mini WRC project was potentially a very good car, but for what ever reason, Prodrive couldn't attract enough sponship to run it properly, and looks destined to be a privateers entry only.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3085449)   #1311
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given that FPR has always seemed to be bottom basement with regard to sponsorship costs, one would think things are going to have to change. No doubt a big chunk of HRT and probably 888's funding comes from Holden, but you'd probably argue that both of them are able to sustain themselves without it; I'm not sure I could say the same thing about FPR.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3085567)   #1312
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Given that FPR has always seemed to be bottom basement with regard to sponsorship costs, one would think things are going to have to change. No doubt a big chunk of HRT and probably 888's funding comes from Holden, but you'd probably argue that both of them are able to sustain themselves without it; I'm not sure I could say the same thing about FPR.
I dare say no one here has seen all the books of all the entities you mentioned, so we would all be guessing. Assumptions and rumours are not a good basis for the 'facts'.

Last edited by Chris - Melb; 5 Jun 2012 at 12:01.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3085604)   #1313
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I dare say no one here has seen all the books of all the entities you mentioned, so we would all be guessing. Assumptions and rumours are not a good basis for the 'facts'.
Nowhere did I assert any of this as facts but I don't think you can really argue with the general sentiment. FPR has always had this *******ised sponsorship scheme where nobody really has total sponsorship of the car, therefore you can't ask as much money.

I think FPR is at serious risk of the Ford money being significantly reduced despite their on-track success.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3085930)   #1314
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Nowhere did I assert any of this as facts but I don't think you can really argue with the general sentiment. FPR has always had this *******ised sponsorship scheme where nobody really has total sponsorship of the car, therefore you can't ask as much money.

I think FPR is at serious risk of the Ford money being significantly reduced despite their on-track success.
Even Vodafone doesn't have total ownership of the T8 cars. It's only the primary sponsor, just as FPR has primary sponsors for each of its cars.

I think running four cars out of the one facility is only going to strengthen FPR's financial position next year. It will clearly amortise the standing costs of the factory better.

T8 have the run their facility from the budget of just two cars, FPR four.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3085990)   #1315
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bare in mind, Triple 8 have a fairly good parts supply client base going. There's 9 cars in the main game, plus the small handful in DVS.

Furthermore, they've got contracts for parts on the COTF. Then there's the customer cars that are coming out of that, which will also need parts.

Face it, Triple 8 have gone down a different path to FPR.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 02:11 (Ref:3086017)   #1316
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Bare in mind, Triple 8 have a fairly good parts supply client base going. There's 9 cars in the main game, plus the small handful in DVS.

Furthermore, they've got contracts for parts on the COTF. Then there's the customer cars that are coming out of that, which will also need parts.

Face it, Triple 8 have gone down a different path to FPR.
Yes, different paths and they will probably come out the other side reasonably even.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 01:51 (Ref:3088293)   #1317
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr van Gisbergen has popped this pic up on his FB page...

It seems that someone converted the blue SBR FG into a matt black one...

Shopping for a new livery, or just gauging fan interest? Or maybe channeling his first year in the category as a TKR driver...
Old 10 Jun 2012, 02:45 (Ref:3088296)   #1318
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Shopping for a new livery, or just gauging fan interest? Or maybe channeling his first year in the category as a TKR driver...
His car was always matt black
Old 10 Jun 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3088378)   #1319
Umai Naa
Veteran

Seems to fall into place with what I predicted earlier this year regarding the yet-to-be revealed livery at the start of the season.

I like it.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3088722)   #1320
Mixer
Veteran

That looks frickin awesome.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 02:11 (Ref:3088783)   #1321
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

It's way, way, way better in black.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 03:30 (Ref:3088789)   #1322
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rest of the story, before we read too much into it.

Thoughts on this? Bit of photoshop here by Adam Zeitinger.. Looks pretty tough!
(https://www.facebook.com/SVGSBR9)

Seems this guy has done quite a few different photos/ angles of it.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9200497&type=3

I just think its some fan playing around, i wouldn't read too much into it.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 03:39 (Ref:3088792)   #1323
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_a View Post
The rest of the story, before we read too much into it.

Thoughts on this? Bit of photoshop here by Adam Zeitinger.. Looks pretty tough!
(https://www.facebook.com/SVGSBR9)

Seems this guy has done quite a few different photos/ angles of it.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9200497&type=3

I just think its some fan playing around, i wouldn't read too much into it.

Old 14 Jun 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3090730)   #1324
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tekno gets a new round sponsor

Do we think they are paying full tote odds @ somewhere north of $100k a round for the signage?

Old 14 Jun 2012, 12:51 (Ref:3090819)   #1325
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm. Thought I read somewhere a while back that Tekno weren't going to put one off title sponsors.